• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Grier coming to WVU

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..I lumped all the defensive backs into one pile....BTW found this nugget just for DAD...talking about this years draft...

If all five are selected, it will be the most coach Dana Holgorsen has sent to the league since his arrival at WVU in 2011, and the most since six Mountaineer players were taken in the 1999 NFL draft.

Holgorsen has had 12 players picked since 2012, plus, three additional guys have signed free agent contracts who ended up making NFL rosters, meaning he’s sent 15 players to the league since 2012.

More impressively, of those 15, 14 are still on active rosters; the other, wide receiver Stedman Bailey, is currently on the NFL’s Non-Football Injury list. That’s 93 percent of the guys who Holgorsen has sent to the league still on active rosters, and that’s impressive.

It means the players choosing to play for Dana Holgorsen’s West Virginia football program are being taught how to play like pros, no matter whether they line up on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.
It means that great talent is brought in and is not being utilized, talented, well coached teams do not lose by 20+ points 25% of the time, great coaches do not own a sub .500 record against their peers. I do not care about who goes to the NFL, or what they do there, I care about WVU winning, and this coach isn't producing.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well..I lumped all the defensive backs into one pile....BTW found this nugget just for DAD...talking about this years draft...

If all five are selected, it will be the most coach Dana Holgorsen has sent to the league since his arrival at WVU in 2011, and the most since six Mountaineer players were taken in the 1999 NFL draft.

Holgorsen has had 12 players picked since 2012, plus, three additional guys have signed free agent contracts who ended up making NFL rosters, meaning he’s sent 15 players to the league since 2012.

More impressively, of those 15, 14 are still on active rosters; the other, wide receiver Stedman Bailey, is currently on the NFL’s Non-Football Injury list. That’s 93 percent of the guys who Holgorsen has sent to the league still on active rosters, and that’s impressive.

It means the players choosing to play for Dana Holgorsen’s West Virginia football program are being taught how to play like pros, no matter whether they line up on the offensive or defensive side of the ball.

I know what you did... just pointing out it didn't answer my question. 2 safeties will be drafted this year... one looks like he will be a first round draft pick. Most of this year's NFL draft class from WVU will be coming out of the defensive side of the ball.

But, Dana can't develop talent. Nor does he care about defense...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thing that stands out for me regarding Dana and the incredible job he has done at WVU to date is to look at the job he did with nothing, and won... with nothing.

Look at the Big 12 all conference teams. WVU has numbers comparable to KU and ISU. Yet he wins.

Look at the recruiting classes. His classes rank in the lower half of the conference every year, yet he wins.

Last year, WVU played the hardest 4 game stretch in the history of WVU football. The year before that, they played the most difficult schedule in the history of WVU football.

Like our HOF coach has said, Dana can coach. Stewart and Rodriguez were guaranteed 9 wins every year. Coach Nehlen knows Dana can coach his boys.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even Saban had two 6-6 seasons at Michigan State. His first year at 'Bama, he would have been 6-6 before 'Bama had to vacate 5 wins in their 2007 season. 7-6 for an experienced HC coaching at 'Bama?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thank God Dana doesn't have to go into the '16 season with a Bill Stewart recruited team anymore.

While there will be a bunch of new starters on defense, at least they have a bunch of game experience. Long gone are the days when there are barely enough scholarship players to have a 3 deep. Gone are the days of forcing 9-11 freshmen or RS freshmen to take the field for the first time in a starting role.

Yep... Thank God those bleak days are behind us...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pastilong was a drunk dumb ass. This new guy just seems to be a dumb ass...

I am going to give Lyon's some rope...just like I have with The Coaching Carousel the last 10 years or so...he's bringing in a new way of doing things..let's see how it goes...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It means that great talent is brought in and is not being utilized, talented, well coached teams do not lose by 20+ points 25% of the time, great coaches do not own a sub .500 record against their peers. I do not care about who goes to the NFL, or what they do there, I care about WVU winning, and this coach isn't producing.

?? Holgorsen has been here 5 years Won both the Orange and Cactus Bowls and they aren't winning? Huh..

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am going to give Lyon's some rope...just like I have with The Coaching Carousel the last 10 years or so...he's bringing in a new way of doing things..let's see how it goes...
Don't know about this one, Slaton. If they are doing this at 'Bama, then I can say it works there. But no way can I say that 'Bama and WVU are even close to being on the same level for football. Hard to f'up when just about every 4 & 5 star stud is hoping you offer them a scolly. 'Bama has probably passed over more 5 star players than WVU has recruited since forever. We can't afford to drive away players because we want to go to a yearly contract. If you want to get rid of a coach, you have that clause in their contract. If Lyin' Lyons wants Dana and his staff to reach a certain milestone, then he better have a multi-year contract ready if Dana and staff meet or exceeds some magical number. If they do not meet the milestone, then he better have somebody ready to bring in. Even if Dana meets the goal, there is no gaurantee that he stays. Then we will see if Lyin' Lyons is worth a shit. He's no Lucious Lyons so far.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
?? Holgorsen has been here 5 years Won both the Orange and Cactus Bowls and they aren't winning? Huh..
If you care to remember the Orange bowl was won with no talent bums playing, and half of the coaching staff from the previous HC. No, Slaton, WVU is NOT winning like we should be. Cactus bowl........really

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you care to remember the Orange bowl was won with no talent bums playing, and half of the coaching staff from the previous HC. No, Slaton, WVU is NOT winning like we should be. Cactus bowl........really
And he still got the blow out victory despite all of this. The former HC had trouble putting 24 points on the board and this clown had his team hang 70 on a good Clemson team.

Last edited:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He's bringing a new way of doing things? Yeah... he hasn't done anything.

He had a chance to give Dana a verbal commitment last Fall. He refused to do so. This truly hurt recruiting for the '16 class.

He had a chance to give Dana an extension. He failed to get it done. This has firmly put Dana on the hot seat, and has truly hurt the '17 recruiting class.

The damage Lyons has done to the football program will be felt for years.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The excuses never stop............

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's bringing a new way of doing things? Yeah... he hasn't done anything.

He had a chance to give Dana a verbal commitment last Fall. He refused to do so. This truly hurt recruiting for the '16 class.

He had a chance to give Dana an extension. He failed to get it done. This has firmly put Dana on the hot seat, and has truly hurt the '17 recruiting class.

The damage Lyons has done to the football program will be felt for years.

You maybe right...I am going to see what this looks like at the end of this year and then chime in on it..

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You maybe right...I am going to see what this looks like at the end of this year and then chime in on it..

Tell me... what has EP II accomplished since he started 1 1/2 yrs ago?

Have you seen WVU's commit list?

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know about this one, Slaton. If they are doing this at 'Bama, then I can say it works there. But no way can I say that 'Bama and WVU are even close to being on the same level for football. Hard to f'up when just about every 4 & 5 star stud is hoping you offer them a scolly. 'Bama has probably passed over more 5 star players than WVU has recruited since forever. We can't afford to drive away players because we want to go to a yearly contract. If you want to get rid of a coach, you have that clause in their contract. If Lyin' Lyons wants Dana and his staff to reach a certain milestone, then he better have a multi-year contract ready if Dana and staff meet or exceeds some magical number. If they do not meet the milestone, then he better have somebody ready to bring in. Even if Dana meets the goal, there is no gaurantee that he stays. Then we will see if Lyin' Lyons is worth a shit. He's no Lucious Lyons so far.

I guess I am banking that since this guy had Luck's blessing I am going to give him some room..Believe me I see what you're seeing and it doesn't make sense..this may be what it is...Lyon's wanting to get his own guy in there...or maybe there is another process he is playing out..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell me... what has EP II accomplished since he started 1 1/2 yrs ago?

Have you seen WVU's commit list?

Well..I was in Morgantown a couple of weeks ago and I saw they started the new Exit at Star City!!!:lol:

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess I am banking that since this guy had Luck's blessing I am going to give him some room..Believe me I see what you're seeing and it doesn't make sense..this may be what it is...Lyon's wanting to get his own guy in there...or maybe there is another process he is playing out..

I don't think Lyons hire had Luck's blessing... at all.

This hire was made by Gee... another bow tie wearing idiot. There were many concerned the WVU AD job was too much for Lyons... concerned about his qualifications.

But, he is a WV guy...

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every time I come here I see the CBS board all over again.

As I said then, I will say again _________ is the head football coach at West Virginia. He has had successes, but has also lost to teams where WVU was a big favorite. Half of the fans love him and half of the fans hate him and want him replaced. Nevertheless, he is the coach of WVU and as a fan of WVU, he deserves our respect and support. While he may not be here in a year or two, we are all Mountaineers and he is one of us.