• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Grier coming to WVU

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he took some over the counter gnc product with a banned substance........that being said i hope he dies in a couch fire. His father tried to get mcelwain to guarantee that he would be the starter again when he got off his one year ban midseason. coach said good luck with that and let him transfer. plus i imagine his teammates werent too fond of him after his dumbassness.

Gatorchip

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,015.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably won't be eligible to play until 1/2 way through 2017, so if WVU has someone doing well, his may never play again. He appeal was already denied.

As a gator fan, just want to let you know that we loved the guy. he brought a lot of hope to the team. He plays very confident, and he quickly improved his play by making smarter choices with the ball. It was real breath of fresh air to finally have a good offense.

in regard to the PED use, nothing was confirmed on how it was ingested last I checked. Most seem to believe it was something like a banned GNC supplement and he failed to get it reviewed with the staff prior to consumption. He claims he didn't know, but that's probably bullshit. I suspect he knew exactly what he was doing and he got caught.

Here is an article from November that goes into a lot of the details/rumors. The Will Grier explainer: With an NCAA appeal denied, what's next for Grier and Florida?

He really let us down...

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Statements out of WVU seem pretty confident Grier will be eligible to start the 2017 season. Combining his 6 game suspension with 1 year transfer rule are reasons given to satisfy NCAA disciplinary action.

I'm not sure why he chose a school like WVU where its HC is clearly on the hot seat. Seems like a huge mistake. He has the talent to be QB for whomever takes over at WVU, but if RichRod comes back... he will be very frustrated in his offense.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Luck being the right hand of the NCAA now I have to believe WVU has more than just a good feeling about Griers future. I wont be stunned to see him eligible late this season.

tabascojet

king of cake
Hoopla Cash
$ 554,070.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Luck being the right hand of the NCAA now I have to believe WVU has more than just a good feeling about Griers future. I wont be stunned to see him eligible late this season.
still has to sit out the season for the transfer....but once he comes off suspension im sure he can practice

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
still has to sit out the season for the transfer....but once he comes off suspension im sure he can practice

At the end of the day no matter when he gets on the field this is a big deal for "THIS" coaching staff to have a next level talent in the program...it's been a knock on Dana that he couldn't get a QB to the program..well...now he has..

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At the end of the day no matter when he gets on the field this is a big deal for "THIS" coaching staff to have a next level talent in the program...it's been a knock on Dana that he couldn't get a QB to the program..well...now he has..
As I said previously, let's see how the kid pans out before we break our arms patting ourselves on the back. We have heard several times since Luck hired the playboy that "this is the QB of the future"

wvu_man

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I said previously, let's see how the kid pans out before we break our arms patting ourselves on the back. We have heard several times since Luck hired the playboy that "this is the QB of the future"

I could see your point if he was unproven but he came in and won 6 games for Florida and was playing at a high level. He isn't a true freshman that we know nothing about. I really think that he will be the best since Geno...maybe even better. We will know this season if Gibby is for real or not because he has to fill multiple positions this season for the first time that were vacated by really good talent. If he can keep the defense playing at a high level, I fully expect to have some great seasons once Grier takes over and DH will have a "complete" team for the first time since he took over...or at least since the Orange Bowl season.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Doesn't matter about the results...the kid was the Parade National Player of the Year coming out of High School...nothing is guaranteed, but to get that kind of perceived talent to campus is a big deal

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter about the results...the kid was the Parade National Player of the Year coming out of High School...nothing is guaranteed, but to get that kind of perceived talent to campus is a big deal
Only a big deal if somebody other than Dana got him. You know the routine.

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly!

Because we know how the troll feels. Dana can't recruit a QB...

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His track record ain't real good, you have to admit that.

Got to start somewhere....anyway you want to slice it this is the highest rated QB "EVER" to play in a West Virginia uniform in the HISTORY of the program...

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to start somewhere....anyway you want to slice it this is the highest rated QB "EVER" to play in a West Virginia uniform in the HISTORY of the program...

Even John Talley? I find that hard to believe.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you REALLY say that? But, that does seem to be the attitude of the Holgorsen fans, results don't matter.................

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If I admitted his track record wasn't real good... I'd look like a dumb fuck.

Ford Childress... Highly rated.

William Crest... Highly rated.

Chaz Rawlins... Highly rated.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you REALLY say that? But, that does seem to be the attitude of the Holgorsen fans, results don't matter.................
Which is the attitude passes down from Stewart sympathizers. Didn't matter if you won or lost, just as long as it was a close games and hot dogs are a dollar.

DCWV4life

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Dana has never developed one player at WVU....Geno, Bailey, Tavon, Trickett, Smallwood, Shorts, Howard. etc etc etc

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes ...I did...

You never know what happens when I kid hits campus...sometimes it works out sometimes it doesn't...

See Jason Gwaltney, Durrell Robinson, Josh Jenkins, or even a Robert Alexander, ...or it may work out...see Noel Devine, Tavon Austin

At then end of the day..and I will say it again...this is the first EVER recruit to come to campus being the NATIONAL PLAYER OF THE YEAR!!