• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Will Grier coming to WVU

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cbssports.com/collegefootball/eye-on-college-football/25544488/will-grier-to-transfer-to-west-virginia-three-things-to-know

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure whats up with the link but anyway.... we are getting another QB, one that's been in some trouble but.... maybe the highest rated ever

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking dumbass!

He will be forced to play for Doc once Dana is shown the door. And, we all know Doc will recruit a QB who will be next level for WVU.

He'll never see the field...

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a fucking dumbass!

He will be forced to play for Doc once Dana is shown the door. And, we all know Doc will recruit a QB who will be next level for WVU.

He'll never see the field...

Yea, poor kid learned offense in the SEC east :faint:

I mean Doc is great but he's still only human. Might salvage 8-9 wins if we are forced to start him..

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for the notion that Holgorsen can't recruit high end QB talent...so what will people bitch about next?..

A. Can't recruit defensive linemen
B. Can't recruit Tight Ends
C. Can't recruit a decent Water Boy?
D. All of the above

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well so much for the notion that Holgorsen can't recruit high end QB talent...so what will people bitch about next?..

D. All of the above
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Grier may well be our new TE before its said n done with Dana:dhd:

He looked good at UF but then... he was using PED's so.. Lets hope it works out well and we have Hoss 2 waiting in the wings :suds:

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't count your chickens before they hatch, Grier may well be our new TE before its said n done with Dana:dhd:

He looked good at UF but then... he was using PED's so.. Lets hope it works out well and we have Hoss 2 waiting in the wings :suds:

Great topic PED's....I for one are for them, depending on what they are...if its anabolic they should be banned...but something like HGH I think there should be some leeway. Athlete's in contact sports and sports that play schedules that are high volume, like MLB, should let athlete's take what they need to help with recovery from injury....as a fan base and consumer of sports entertainment I want to make sure the teams I support have their players playing and at their best!

Mac_Bridger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D. All of the above

I heard he had a shot at Robert Boucher as waterboy, but lost out to SCLSU.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

D. All of the above
How about we see how the kid performs before patting Holgorsen on the back for taking in someone elses castoff and calling it recruiting...........

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he performs well, Dana had nothing to do with it; if he doesn't perform well, it's all Dana's doing. So typical.

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great topic PED's....I for one are for them, depending on what they are...if its anabolic they should be banned...but something like HGH I think there should be some leeway. Athlete's in contact sports and sports that play schedules that are high volume, like MLB, should let athlete's take what they need to help with recovery from injury....as a fan base and consumer of sports entertainment I want to make sure the teams I support have their players playing and at their best!
I agree, I don't really have a problem with them, I worry more about poor judgment by the athlete. We all know what kind of headaches they can cause athletes yet.. some still use them. I find myself asking what else will they go ahead and use?

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a PED once. I was hard for 4 hrs. I thought I was King. My wife simply went to sleep.

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This would open Pandora's box. Once approved, every player will need to take them just to keep up. Kids would just pollute their bodies in hopes of making it on the field. Either nobody does it or everybody does it.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he performs well, Dana had nothing to do with it; if he doesn't perform well, it's all Dana's doing. So typical.
You pour piss on Marshall, yet that is how they built their team in 1AA, taking other teams castoffs, the kids who got in trouble at big schools could come to Marshall and play right away, seems to be Holgorsen's MO as well, just as well have Doc coaching..............

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pour piss on Marshall, yet that is how they built their team in 1AA, taking other teams castoffs, the kids who got in trouble at big schools could come to Marshall and play right away, seems to be Holgorsen's MO as well, just as well have Doc coaching..............

When did I pour piss on Marshall? Of course, you will not be able to produce it, but I'm sure you can make something else. Better go back and reread previous posts. As for Doc being HC, I'm against it. He was overlooked for almost 20 years at WVU and only Marshall looked at him.

So you admit that Dana had to go the JUCO route plus look at kids who are questionable. I wonder why? Aren't you the sanctified one who doesn't want to bring kids like this in? You know, ties into your money grab theory.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I took a PED once. I was hard for 4 hrs. I thought I was King. My wife simply went to sleep.

Seems to be a trend
This would open Pandora's box. Once approved, every player will need to take them just to keep up. Kids would just pollute their bodies in hopes of making it on the field. Either nobody does it or everybody does it.

Well thats the thing...the way the NCAA paints a broad brush on what PED's are...and as a fan base are we really educated on what they have deemed a PED? I think when we hear the term you immediately percieve its going to enhance the players skills, size..etc.. It's really not the case...

Example BETA 2 Agonists are considered a PED by the NCAA..what is it you ask...mostly medication that assists people who have asthma...medications like albluteral and symbicort

Or HGH...which your body produces naturally in your adolescent years...athletes take them as they get older to assist in injury recovery...

IF a kid has a prescription for ADD or ADHD medication it is also considered a PED...which is crazy to me...basically the NCAA who keeps saying they are all about the student athlete, bans a medication that is intended to help a kid in the classroom!

Caffeine over a certain percentage in the blood stream is considered a PED...

And here's the kicker the PED regulations are open to interpretation and changed on the fly when the NCAA deems so... basically if a kid registers some kind of irregularity on a pee test the NCAA can make a decision on the spot if it classify's as a PED...

So I have no idea what Grier took but it's very possible he or even the school didn't know it could be potentially viewed as a banned substance..

Anotherwvufan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF a kid has a prescription for ADD or ADHD medication it is also considered a PED...which is crazy to me...basically the NCAA who keeps saying they are all about the student athlete, bans a medication that is intended to help a kid in the classroom!

May sound crazy, but look at the potential for abuse. It is easy to get a prescription for ADD drugs. How many players will do it just to help them do better on the field.?

And here's the kicker the PED regulations are open to interpretation and changed on the fly when the NCAA deems so... basically if a kid registers some kind of irregularity on a pee test the NCAA can make a decision on the spot if it classify's as a PED...

I think this was meant to combat designer drugs. Now concoctions of legal stuff that does the same thing as a PED. The synthetic drug market changes constantly. Once one becomes illegal, new ones are invented. Limitless possibilities of new drugs. The NCAA needs some flexibility on this.

I do note however, that the penalties are unduly harsh given that kids like Grier may injust something they think is legal only to find out later it is not.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did I pour piss on Marshall? Of course, you will not be able to produce it, but I'm sure you can make something else. Better go back and reread previous posts. As for Doc being HC, I'm against it. He was overlooked for almost 20 years at WVU and only Marshall looked at him.

So you admit that Dana had to go the JUCO route plus look at kids who are questionable. I wonder why? Aren't you the sanctified one who doesn't want to bring kids like this in? You know, ties into your money grab theory.
WVU had a HOF fame coach while Doc was here, and had his wagon hitched to Nehlen. Holgorsen HAS to go to other teams castoffs and JUCO kids because he can not develop talent, a kid never gets any better. Holgorsen is a poor coach, period.

mad2mc

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WVU had a HOF fame coach while Doc was here, and had his wagon hitched to Nehlen. Holgorsen HAS to go to other teams castoffs and JUCO kids because he can not develop talent, a kid never gets any better. Holgorsen is a poor coach, period.

What does this have do with your claim that I poured pissed on Marshall? What does Doc's association with Nehlen have to do with anything? Hitching his wagon to Nehlen didn't do anything for him. It didn't get him the HC in Morgantown. It didn't put him on anybody's radar for a HC gig. Not even in your beloved MAC conference. Not even at OWU. Out of curiosity, how many of Nehlen's assistants went off to have successful head coaching careers? Nehlen was good but what apples were produced? I seriously don't know nor care enough to look it up.

Dana had to go JUCO for obvious reasons that you fail to either grasp or believe. Can't develop talent? There's a few WRs out of just WVU alone that would probably have a different opinion than yours. Not to mention a few from this class. Everybody goes after talented castoffs, from the Pros on down.

Slaton10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

May sound crazy, but look at the potential for abuse. It is easy to get a prescription for ADD drugs. How many players will do it just to help them do better on the field.?

I think this was meant to combat designer drugs. Now concoctions of legal stuff that does the same thing as a PED. The synthetic drug market changes constantly. Once one becomes illegal, new ones are invented. Limitless possibilities of new drugs. The NCAA needs some flexibility on this.

I do note however, that the penalties are unduly harsh given that kids like Grier may injust something they think is legal only to find out later it is not.

It can't be arbitrary though..somehow there needs to be a middle ground...if not..a player who maybe hiding an injury not to lose his starting spot could take some form of PED to assist in the healing process and reduce the risk of further injury or even a potential permanent injury should be taken into consideration