• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Bielema so much. Maybe more than I hate Kiffin. Seriously, Bielema is the biggest fucking douche bag in the CFB world. I think my hatred in CFB top 5 is ranked as the following.

1. Washington
2. Bret Bielema
3. Colorado
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Oregon State

You just went up a few notches in my book. I can't thank Arkansas enough for getting that limp-wristed, lard sucking crybaby out of the B1G. Wisconsin deserved much, much better. One of the things I hate the most about him is how hot his vapid, gold-digging wife is, though:

jen-bielema-lead.jpg

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If flopping in the NBA is a huge fine, it should be a penalty in football, too. It's poor sportsmanship. If you aren't conditioned enough to keep up with the opposing offense, get your tubby ass on the treadmill.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. How in the heck is any Bama fan insecure?

Lord. Imagine if they ever lost. These people would be unbearable.

1 in what??? 1 in 3? 1 in 4? very insecure. dont get it... OP is a tad insecure? What say?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just went up a few notches in my book. I can't thank Arkansas enough for getting that limp-wristed, lard sucking crybaby out of the B1G. Wisconsin deserved much, much better. One of the things I hate the most about him is how hot his vapid, gold-digging wife is, though:

jen-bielema-lead.jpg

yiou know she is only in it for the money. What a douche bag tool that dude is. There is a Iowa poster on here who actually has met Bielema a few times, said the douche hit on his wife. WTF is this idiot doing with a hot ass wife and yet hitting on other women? I hope she leaves him and takes all his money and possession with her.

Go fucking rot in the SEC with your oversized windbreaker jacket and stupid beat headphones like you're 18 years old. DOUCHE.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If flopping in the NBA is a huge fine, it should be a penalty in football, too. It's poor sportsmanship. If you aren't conditioned enough to keep up with the opposing offense, get your tubby ass on the treadmill.

Flopping is to draw a foul. This isn't to get a penalty. It's not a great comparison.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know. How in the heck is any Bama fan insecure?

Lord. Imagine if they ever lost. These people would be unbearable.

1 in what??? 1 in 3? 1 in 4? very insecure. dont get it... OP is a tad insecure? What say?

Well I think it is established by now that the OP is nothing but a troll. But if Alabama doesn't win a title, I cant imagine how depressed this place will get.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yiou know she is only in it for the money. What a douche bag tool that dude is. There is a Iowa poster on here who actually has met Bielema a few times, said the douche hit on his wife. WTF is this idiot doing with a hot ass wife and yet hitting on other women? I hope she leaves him and takes all his money and possession with her.

Go fucking rot in the SEC with your oversized windbreaker jacket and stupid beat headphones like you're 18 years old. DOUCHE.

Could't have said it better myself. What a scumbag. I wish that Iowa poster would've decked him.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think it is established by now that the OP is nothing but a troll. But if Alabama doesn't win a title, I cant imagine how depressed this place will get.

It's still faking something in order to gain an unfair advantage. It's equal in my mind in that it is nothing but a dramatic production intended to hinder the opposition because you aren't able to stop them otherwise.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Flopping is to draw a foul. This isn't to get a penalty. It's not a great comparison.

Actually it is a fair comparison. Both are insincere acts of fraud designed to trick the referee into seeing something that didn't really happen in order to gain an unearned advantage.

In basketball's case, you are tricking the ref into giving an opposing player a foul they didn't really commit.

In football, you are tricking the ref into giving your team a timeout without being charged for one.

Fair enough comparison.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... fake injuries.

All the rules benefit the offenses. That makes it tough on programs that build their teams around solid hard nosed defense. The irony in all this is the old saying of "defense wins championships." Maybe it's because of this, all the changes continue to work for the offenses. It's even caused a few coaches to make bold statements that the rules should be reviewed. They say these fast paced offenses could cause more injuries, takes coaching out of the game and creates a game that that doesn't resemble what has become so popular.

The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

It's not fair that a team might have different personnel or schemes to attack different situations but because the offenses control everything, they are unable to do something as simple as play THEIR game. Fans of these teams say they can always call timeout. Seriously? A team has a few precious timeouts and you think they should have to use it to do something as simple as switch personnel?

Think about it. I believe faking an injury is just a good strategy to slow down these offenses. It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

Why is it wrong or right? Let the piling on begin. Now if I get hurt I'm not calling a timeout, I expect the clock to stop! :whistle:

The irony in all this is the old saying of "defense wins championships." Maybe it's because of this, all the changes continue to work for the offenses.

Defense wins championships, but offense sells tickets!! Part of what made USC so much fun during the Pete Carroll era was that we had the offense to sell tickets and the defense (usually) to win championships.

It's even caused a few coaches to make bold statements that the rules should be reviewed. They say these fast paced offenses could cause more injuries, takes coaching out of the game and creates a game that that doesn't resemble what has become so popular.

The only ones I've seen say anything like that are Nick Saban and a new coach to the SEC trying to be looked at favorably by his new contemporaries!! Oh, and whining is NOT a bold statement, even when it's Saban!!

Faking an injury is :lame: and hurts the integrity of the game!! The same thing will happen with these fast paced offenses that happens with every "offensive innovation" from the forward pass to the wishbone to the "west coast offense" to the current "fast break" offenses!! Defensive coordinators will figure out how to slow them and eventually stop them and then offensive coordinators will have to come up with something else!!

It's why, as much as I respect him, it didn't break my heart to see Monte Kiffin step down as USC's Defensive Coordinator!! His Tampa 2 is a great scheme, but it just doesn't work vs. offenses like Oregon's (for example). The new DC has a scheme that should work better because it's a more aggressive approach than the Tampa 2 and puts more players closer to the line of scrimmage!!

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only people bitching about fast paced offense is Alabama/Nick Saban. Funny since Texas AM was the only team to beat Bama.

A few points, 1) I got the correct quote and addressing the right person! :yahoo:

2) There are other coaches talking.

3) Alabama plays many teams that run the hurry up offense and seem to do fine. I'm not rehashing the A&M game. It's been done over and over! They will get another chance this year. Pretty sure A&M still running it.

4) I don't want this thread to be about whether teams fake injuries or not. I'm saying THEY SHOULD FAKE INJURIES AS LONG AS THESE OFFENSES HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL THE RULES HAVE GIVEN THEM. If they need to substitute have a player lay down. As far as out of shape and needing a break I have no problems with a team creating that but then again substitutions help with that and should be a part of the game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that there's a benefit, but you can't really disprove someone getting the wind knocked out of them, or a lot of other small shit.

They should just not stop play without the belief it's a serious injury. If you're banged up, deal with it.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate Bielema so much. Maybe more than I hate Kiffin. Seriously, Bielema is the biggest fucking douche bag in the CFB world. I think my hatred in CFB top 5 is ranked as the following.

1. Washington
2. Bret Bielema
3. Colorado
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Oregon State

Wow, that's serious!! And Kiffin only at #4!! That practically makes you a fan these days!!:lol:

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few points, 1) I got the correct quote and addressing the right person! :yahoo:

2) There are other coaches talking.

3) Alabama plays many teams that run the hurry up offense and seem to do fine. I'm not rehashing the A&M game. It's been done over and over! They will get another chance this year. Pretty sure A&M still running it.

4) I don't want this thread to be about whether teams fake injuries or not. I'm saying THEY SHOULD FAKE INJURIES AS LONG AS THESE OFFENSES HAVE COMPLETE CONTROL THE RULES HAVE GIVEN THEM. If they need to substitute have a player lay down. As far as out of shape and needing a break I have no problems with a team creating that but then again substitutions help with that and should be a part of the game.

Faking injuries is dishonest.

Nice to know that you believe people should be dishonest if there is an advantage to be had.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, that's serious!! And Kiffin only at #4!! That practically makes you a fan these days!!:lol:

Kiffin is a douche, but he such a bad coach he makes USC beatable, so I cant really put him in the #2. Although he did fuck us in his terrible coaching abilities against ND.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It amazes me that almost ALL Oregon fans cry troll if, either, anything is said that negatively impacts their team or disagree with them. It's like clockwork! :bawling:

What about this is trolling? I stated what I believe. Sorry it doesn't jive with what your team does! I will take your Alabama comment as a compliment. Damn, even other fans think Alabama is the favorite to win the NC. Well are they? :laugh3:

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kiffin is a douche, but he such a bad coach he makes USC beatable, so I cant really put him in the #2. Although he did fuck us in his terrible coaching abilities against ND.

And don't forget beating you at Autzen the season before!! He's "fucked the Ducks" coming and going!!:laugh3:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It amazes me that almost ALL Oregon fans cry troll if, either, anything is said that negatively impacts their team or disagree with them. It's like clockwork! :bawling:

What about this is trolling? I stated what I believe. Sorry it doesn't jive with what your team does! I will take your Alabama comment as a compliment. Damn, even other fans think Alabama is the favorite to win the NC. Well are they? :laugh3:

it doesn't jive with about 99% of the CFB fan base, and it doesn't jive with the ethics of the game.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Claiming people should brag about cheating, for one, is pretty troll-like.