• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And one to grow on?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
pretty good for a thread that was suppose to be dead after one post! :suds:

Bamabino

No Limit Holdem Refugee
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is tough. GT could have very well doubled that score had it been against them. No shame in that though. A triple option isn't what Bama's defensive scheme is built to defend. If they played them 10 years in a row that would probably be a lot different, but anytime you play that shit sporadically and only with a week or less of prep time and I would definitely be worried no matter how good my team is.

Bama had 3 of their best 4 d-lineman out for that game,including 2 NG's.. A 3rd string undersized DE had to play noseguard. In the 2nd half a true freshman NG came in and shut them down.

TexasMan

mfw reading SportsHoopla
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a mild, late spring morning at a resort in the Florida Panhandle, a football coach unveiled what he figured was a fairly modest proposal. Arkansas' Bret Bielema is a fan of "normal American football" – as he termed it later, and the way he said it, that should probably be Normal American Football. With huddles. And maybe two tight ends, and probably a fullback, too. But most certainly with huddles.

Anything but the stuff currently being played at warp speed, like a video game: Fastandthenfasterandthenevenfaster. In real time, the defense sometimes degenerates into grasping at tackles and gasping for air. Unlike in a video game, you can't hit pause.

College football's greatest debate picks up pace