• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Why do fans of fast paced offenses whine when defenses...

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... fake injuries.

All the rules benefit the offenses. That makes it tough on programs that build their teams around solid hard nosed defense. The irony in all this is the old saying of "defense wins championships." Maybe it's because of this, all the changes continue to work for the offenses. It's even caused a few coaches to make bold statements that the rules should be reviewed. They say these fast paced offenses could cause more injuries, takes coaching out of the game and creates a game that that doesn't resemble what has become so popular.

The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

It's not fair that a team might have different personnel or schemes to attack different situations but because the offenses control everything, they are unable to do something as simple as play THEIR game. Fans of these teams say they can always call timeout. Seriously? A team has a few precious timeouts and you think they should have to use it to do something as simple as switch personnel?

Think about it. I believe faking an injury is just a good strategy to slow down these offenses. It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

Why is it wrong or right? Let the piling on begin. Now if I get hurt I'm not calling a timeout, I expect the clock to stop! :whistle:

GreenNickle

Go Buckeyes Beat Michigan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fantasy-Football.jpg

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER seen anyone "fake" an injury against a fast-paced offense. What are you talking about?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tell that to a fan of those offenses. You hear it all the time. If not, you might want to get out a little more. I don't think they do it either to the degree they say but I see NO problem if it is being done like they think.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the way Aggy was having their way with the Bama defense in the 1st half, Bama needed to do something, or it was going to get very ugly in Tuscaloosa that day.

TonyTheGator

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have NEVER seen anyone "fake" an injury against a fast-paced offense. What are you talking about?

Tell that to a fan of those offenses. You hear it all the time. If not, you might want to get out a little more. I don't think they do it either to the degree they say but I see NO problem if it is being done like they think.

Sure, there are crybabies that make accusations, but I'm sticking by my original statement. :suds:

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmw9zasK19E]California Aaron Tipoti Faking Injury vs Oregon Ducks - YouTube[/ame]

24seven

Biggest Cock Around Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... fake injuries.

All the rules benefit the offenses. That makes it tough on programs that build their teams around solid hard nosed defense. The irony in all this is the old saying of "defense wins championships." Maybe it's because of this, all the changes continue to work for the offenses. It's even caused a few coaches to make bold statements that the rules should be reviewed. They say these fast paced offenses could cause more injuries, takes coaching out of the game and creates a game that that doesn't resemble what has become so popular.

The game certainly has changed and that by itself is not an earth shattering statement. However, if that is the case why is it a big deal if defenses fake an injury. I hear all the fans of these type offenses complain, moan and joke about how a team lays there so the defense can rest. Oregon fans do it all the time. Texas A&M fans singled out Florida and LSU as teams doing it. They beat Alabama and complimented them for not doing it. So what!!! I think a defense has all the right in the world to lay there so his team can rest or, better yet, substitutions can be made.

It's not fair that a team might have different personnel or schemes to attack different situations but because the offenses control everything, they are unable to do something as simple as play THEIR game. Fans of these teams say they can always call timeout. Seriously? A team has a few precious timeouts and you think they should have to use it to do something as simple as switch personnel?

Think about it. I believe faking an injury is just a good strategy to slow down these offenses. It's one of the few ways to do it. My point is if it is ok for teams to run plays every 10 seconds then it should be ok for defenses to slow them down and substitute by doing this. Most of us associate a defense faking injuries at the end of the game with no timeouts and out of desperation. It seems wrong because our experience with it is associated with the above illustration but when it's to just slow down an offense that is strategically running plays quickly I think faking an injury becomes a strategy!

Why is it wrong or right? Let the piling on begin. Now if I get hurt I'm not calling a timeout, I expect the clock to stop! :whistle:

Clearly you are just buying time with that long post.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only people bitching about fast paced offense is Alabama/Nick Saban. Funny since Texas AM was the only team to beat Bama.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It happened like 3 times for sure vs Oregon. THen Cal got caught doing it. Havent been any problems since.

It is embarrasing when fanss of fast paced offenses now believe every time a player goes down they could be faking. It happened years ago.

Doesnt happen any more...

btw. Well done BamaTee. Learned from the best:nod:

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... fake injuries.

Whining is NOT a good look for a back to back National Champion!!:L

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense isn't supposed to set the pace. The offense is. Faking an injury is cheating.

That said, who cares? If you can't prove it it might as well not be.

Doing it to the extent of claiming it as a strategy is dumb as shit though.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
dont forget about fat Bielema

I hate Bielema so much. Maybe more than I hate Kiffin. Seriously, Bielema is the biggest fucking douche bag in the CFB world. I think my hatred in CFB top 5 is ranked as the following.

1. Washington
2. Bret Bielema
3. Colorado
4. Lane Kiffin
5. Oregon State

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Faking injuries is the football equivalent of flopping.