• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the AFC West?

Who will win the AFC West

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What example? Bronco's SB hopes rested on the defense last year not the QB.

Right. You are of the opinion that the Peyton Manning of last year and Mark Sanchez of this year (or any year) are equals. I find that fascinating.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You would think ravens fans would understand supporting teams with strong defense and shitty QBs. They have been doing it for over a decade.

Please tell me you don't consider the Ravens' defense of 2012 to have been strong.

Keystone

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right. You are of the opinion that the Peyton Manning of last year and Mark Sanchez of this year (or any year) are equals. I find that fascinating.

Manning at his worst is a better QB than Sanchez but without the defense we wouldn't have made it past the first round last year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I find it fascinating that you think Manning was anything but a bottom-3 QB in the league this past year. It didn't matter if he knew what the defense was doing he struggled to throw it past 15 yards and defenses knew it and dared him to do it. He failed so then they had 11 guys near the LOS stopping the run game and making his passing lanes that much harder to throw into. Manning threw more pick-6's this past year than any other QB in the league and he only played in 9 games.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You keep rationalizing Mark Sanchez by talking about shit QB play last year. He was still Peyton Manning. He was still the focal point of defensive game plans. He was still able to pinpoint what opposing defenses were doing. You think Mark Sanchez brings the same things to the table???

Broken down Peyton Manning >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Mark Sanchez.
So you're just another person who can't separate Manning the legend from Manning the qb last year. Mark Sanchez is not a good quarterback, but he's never had a season as poor as the one Manning just had for the Broncos. He may have been able to pinpoint what defenses were doing, but he didn't have the physical skills to beat it the majority of the time.

If they're completely honest, there's not an NFL fan in the world who would take last year's Manning over Mark Sanchez right now.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're just another person who can't separate Manning the legend from Manning the qb last year. Mark Sanchez is not a good quarterback, but he's never had a season as poor as the one Manning just had for the Broncos. He may have been able to pinpoint what defenses were doing, but he didn't have the physical skills to beat it the majority of the time.

If they're completely honest, there's not an NFL fan in the world who would take last year's Manning over Mark Sanchez right now.

You're right. I thought Peyton was as good as ever :L

If they're completely honest, there's not a Bronco fan in the world who has even given an afterthought to Mark Sanchez (unless it was to laugh at him) until he became a Bronco.

I also love how Broncos fans completely ignore the fact that Sanchez was signed to be the team's backup QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If they're completely honest, there's not a Bronco fan in the world who has even given an afterthought to Mark Sanchez (unless it was to laugh at him) until he became a Bronco.

I also love how Broncos fans completely ignore the fact that Sanchez was signed to be the team's backup QB.

See this is where you don't know what all is going on with the Broncos. Mark Sanchez was brought in because at the time all we had on our roster was Trevor Siemian who had 1 single snap for a kneel down. Sanchez comes in with multiple years starting so if need be we at least have a veteran on the roster who is competing for a starting job. Then of course the Broncos used a 1st round pick on Lynch to also add to the competition. No starter has been named and from the start of it all 3 have looked very good at practice. So right now your guess is as good as mine of who will be starting day 1 for us.

And yes I don't usually care all that much about players of other teams. I've watched Mark Sanchez before. I've seen some great games from him and some down right terrible games. I've watched him in the playoffs actually do quite well and beat some teams nobody thought they stood a chance against with Mark being a big contributor to that. I've also seen the what the heck are you thinking moments. So I do think we can win with Sanchez if that is who our starter is because our run game will be the focus of the offense this year and our defense should still be a top notch unit. Winning won't be completely on the shoulders of whoever is asked to start for us. Sanchez when given that kind of set up has won in the past. No reason to think he can't do it again.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's definitely true. But why would we? He didn't matter to us until he became our qb.

Yeah, I'm going to need a source on that one please. In fact, when we traded for him (not signed), Elway specifically said he would "compete."

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Manning at his worst is a better QB than Sanchez but without the defense we wouldn't have made it past the first round last year.
Without that defense Denver might not have made the playoffs, and one pissy poster might still be around.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without that defense Denver might not have made the playoffs, and one pissy poster might still be around.

There is no might about it. The Broncos without our defense playing like they were would be lucky to be an 8-8 team this past year. The defense not only played well throughout the game but saved some of their best plays for the very end of games to seal the victory.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree. Denver has a phenomenal defense that will most likely be stellar again this year. That's not my point though. My point is that with Mark Sanchez Denver wouldn't have made it past the first round last year either. You can argue and start throwing out Peyton's horrible stats...it won't change my mind. Peyton was still a huge factor (in a way that Mark Sanchez will never be able to duplicate).

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Denver has a phenomenal defense that will most likely be stellar again this year. That's not my point though. My point is that with Mark Sanchez Denver wouldn't have made it past the first round last year either. You can argue and start throwing out Peyton's horrible stats...it won't change my mind. Peyton was still a huge factor (in a way that Mark Sanchez will never be able to duplicate).

So when Mark Sanchez won in the playoffs with a lesser defense in NY that doesn't count? I mean you keep making these ABSOLUTE statements when history hasn't shown that to be true. Ravens fans always love to hang on the fact that Flacco is a playoff QB that shows up in the big games. Well Sanchez actually has a higher QB rating than that of Flacco in the playoffs. He has shown up big for his team too when the games matter most.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So when Mark Sanchez won in the playoffs with a lesser defense in NY that doesn't count? I mean you keep making these ABSOLUTE statements when history hasn't shown that to be true. Ravens fans always love to hang on the fact that Flacco is a playoff QB that shows up in the big games. Well Sanchez actually has a higher QB rating than that of Flacco in the playoffs. He has shown up big for his team too when the games matter most.

Not only that Jets didn't have the offense weapons like Sanders, DT, Anderson etc.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not only that Jets didn't have the offense weapons like Sanders, DT, Anderson etc.

Right so to sit here and make a statement like "Well Mark can't win in the playoffs" is just completely ignoring the fact that he already proven that he can. Heck he did it with a lesser team around him. Yes he is not a great QB. If he is starting for the Broncos I don't see him dominating for us and I see once again a lot of close games that could go either way. At the same time there are a lot worse options out there.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Manning certainly did play better when he came back from injury. And Denver definitely needed it as they didn't have much margin of error in the playoffs.

But at the same time, Sanchez has that Flacco trait of actually performing better in the playoffs. Small sample size, but he has shown the tendency to elevate his game and actually has good numbers in the playoffs. So who knows.

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That 2010 Jets team was pretty talented, though. Tomlinson and Greene splitting carries, Santonio Holmes, Braylon Edwards, and Jericho Cotchery is a pretty good top 3 receiving corps, and Keller was a solid tight end. That's not a bad collection of playmakers on offense.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. Manning certainly did play better when he came back from injury. And Denver definitely needed it as they didn't have much margin of error in the playoffs.

But at the same time, Sanchez has that Flacco trait of actually performing better in the playoffs. Small sample size, but he has shown the tendency to elevate his game and actually has good numbers in the playoffs. So who knows.

Even Manning playing better though was with 2 games below a 75 QB Rating, really low completion percentage, and honestly it became more about him not throwing interceptions and fumbling than about him driving the team down the field. So pretty much the Broncos told him just please don't lose the game by throwing a stupid interception.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude. I'm stating my opinion (of course) just like everyone else is. I can start writing "IMOP" at the beginning of every post, but would rather not have to do that if at all possible.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right so to sit here and make a statement like "Well Mark can't win in the playoffs" is just completely ignoring the fact that he already proven that he can. Heck he did it with a lesser team around him. Yes he is not a great QB. If he is starting for the Broncos I don't see him dominating for us and I see once again a lot of close games that could go either way. At the same time there are a lot worse options out there.

Absolutely I saw him take the 1 team I despise to the AFCG twice. Once when Brady was out for the year and another year. If OZ didn't overcome that 14 point deficit to NE, they have HFA and almost guaranteed to beat PM in Gillette, and OZ was a rookie to boot.

Your D scored more points than PM before he was pulled and score more points in the SB, he had a 2 point conv. That strip on Pitt RB was huge to in first playoff game and so many reg season games. VS KC, Balt etc etc