• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POLL Who will win the AFC West?

Who will win the AFC West

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In your mind do Broncos fans think Sanchez is the second coming of Elway? It's hilarious to me that Broncos fans reaction to Sanchez of "not great, could be worse though, hopefully Lynch pans out quickly" is something you would label a "circle jerk."

You are right. We'll label it your "doesn't matter...fill in the blank" circle jerk. Better?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are right. We'll label it your "doesn't matter...fill in the blank" circle jerk. Better?
It's sort of like Ravens fans mantra of "In Ozzie We Trust."

But I mean honestly, how should we react? Should we be wringing our hands and giving up because Manning retired?

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll leave and let you guys continue your Mark Sanchez circle jerk...

No broncos fan was excited about Buttfumble. Please stop twisting our words.

In your mind do Broncos fans think Sanchez is the second coming of Elway? It's hilarious to me that Broncos fans reaction to Sanchez of "not great, could be worse though, hopefully Lynch pans out quickly" is something you would label a "circle jerk."

I think he likes to picture a bunch of dudes in a circle jerk. Which is fine; who am I to judge?

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos qb last year was John Doe and he performed exactly the same as Manning, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No broncos fan was excited about Buttfumble. Please stop twisting our words.

I think he likes to picture a bunch of dudes in a circle jerk. Which is fine; who am I to judge?

You know I wasn't speaking literally, so was this an attempt to insult me or be funny (or both)?

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I honestly don't understand. Is it seriously impossible to fathom that Mark Sanchez could be even slightly better than Manning last year? I guess for some it is.

Ravens fans love PM because he gave them that gift pick in OT a few years back and did the same last year, but your Bronco's D pushed back Flacco out of FG range with some nice sacks. I haven't heard one Bronco's fan rave or gush about having Sanchez, it's the old "it is what it is". I'm sure most people thought OZ was gonna hang around and already have a 1/2 season under his belt and did pretty good. That D would have given your team a 19-0 season provided you guys had a PM from 5 years ago or a decent QB this year. If Brady is suspended for teh first 4 games, I doubt we will be celebrating having Garopollo, but it will have to do. Paxton might turn out well for you guys, time will tell

Last edited:

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Broncos qb last year was John Doe and he performed exactly the same as Manning, we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Bro don't get carried away. True Peyton was horrible, but comparing him to a dead QB, isn't right

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I wasn't speaking literally, so was this an attempt to insult me or be funny (or both)?

I do know you were not literal but you stopped comprehending what we are saying a long time ago. Take it how you want.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't trust Ozzie?

I don't blindly trust Ozzie and I recognize he has made some serious mistakes the last few years. I also believe it's time for him to pass the torch to Eric DeCosta.

I still appreciate everything he's done for this organization though. One of the very best (when it's all said and done).

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do know you were not literal but you stopped comprehending what we are saying a long time ago. Take it how you want.

I comprehend just fine. I have a different opinion. That bugs the shit out of you. My opinion is Mark Sanchez is not capable of touching Peyton's contributions to the team (which reach much further than just his stats on field) even in Manning's worst year.

There isn't going to be a winner here. When (in my opinion) the Broncos disappoint this year, you will just start listing reasons that have nothing to do with the QB position.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll leave and let you guys continue your Mark Sanchez circle jerk...

That would be called a Dirty butt huddle up there in Shoot somebody Colorado....
f_1k0cggwbuj3m_542d14d.png:dhd:

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I comprehend just fine. I have a different opinion. That bugs the shit out of you. My opinion is Mark Sanchez is not capable of touching Peyton's contributions to the team (which reach much further than just his stats on field) even in Manning's worst year.

There isn't going to be a winner here. When (in my opinion) the Broncos disappoint this year, you will just start listing reasons that have nothing to do with the QB position.
Just curious, what exactly is your definition of disappoint?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Manning question is a somewhat complicated one given his health and skillset. Over the course of the regular season, he's quite easily the worst QB there was in the league with a sub 70 passer rating. At the same time, there were a few matchups he could exploit regularly such as in week 2 with X Denver receiver vs Jamell Flemming (nearly all other matchups produced terrible results) and his awareness is still top notch. It's a tricky question, but we're not really comparing Sanchez to Manning, we're comparing Sanchez to what the Broncos got out of the QB position last year which includes Osweiler. Essentially, Sanchez' career passer rating is very similar to what Broncos QB's produced, as a group, last year. Maybe it's true there will be moments where Sanchez simply can't see the correct decision like Manning could, but it's also true that Sanchez won't be as limited as Manning was when he does see the correct route coming open. It's probably closer to a push than anyone wants to admit.

It's likely Sanchez is still a turnover machine, sack machine, and just pretty terrible in general. Keep in mind though that it is still not far off from the baseline established by Broncos QB's last season. Maybe a little worse, maybe a little better. Some new and young faces on the O-line, and it could be messy again on offense for Denver. Or maybe the run game improves. I'd really be more concerned about the defense, because I don't think there can be all that much optimism the offense can bail itself out in most any kind of deficit; that defense has to be great for Denver to win. Worse yet- a team with a good enough defense can just play the conservative attrition game with Denver and wait for Sanchez to lose the game for them.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's probably closer to a push than anyone wants to admit.

This is what I am guessing for the same reasons you mentioned.

My hope is that the defense maintains top 5 D, run game improves a bit, and Sanchez or whoever is at QB can limit the mistakes. Even if he is throwing it away or taking the sack that would be better than 2-3 turnovers a game we were seeing last year.

Oldschool739

It's my Country, Flag, Bible, Gun. Don't try it !
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really hope I'm not the only one who appreciates the irony of a guy from BALTIMORE making fun of Colorado for gun violence.

Yes you are the only one that blind and stupid....Congrats, you win the Butt Fumble award of the day...
How fitting !!!!

donkey.jpg