• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who will this guy out run?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ku-xlarge.jpg
:wtf2:

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than outrunning people to the fridge...you only need to concern yourself with who he runs over.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With that said, it was just a bad angle. From all reports, Lacy is in shape.

From everything I have read Starks and Franklin look like the best of all the RBs right now.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've said this all along - I don't believe Lacy is an NFL starter-caliber back. He ran behind the best line (hell, team) in a decade, of course he was going to put up numbers. He's too slow for anything outside a short yardage mauler. That said, I like the way we hedged our bets and I think Franklin will end up being an excellent 3rd down back at worst. I think it'll be Starks, Franklin (3rd downs) and Harris (change of pace), with Lacy in short yardage and bulldog situations. If Green is on the team at the start of the season, there are injuries or someone really f'd up.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

From everything I have read Starks and Franklin look like the best of all the RBs right now.

Yea this got debunked last night by Jason Wilde. Bad angle. Another picture of Lacey from two days ago was put up and he looks to be in great shape.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green is cut/traded. I think Starks, Lacy, Franklin and maybe Harris make the cut. Kuhn could be on the chopping block if Starks can block and catch as well as has been reported from camp. Kuhn makes too much money for what he gives. I love the guy but he isnt a fan favorite for his production...

tk83

Semi-Senior Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Green is cut/traded. I think Starks, Lacy, Franklin and maybe Harris make the cut. Kuhn could be on the chopping block if Starks can block and catch as well as has been reported from camp. Kuhn makes too much money for what he gives. I love the guy but he isnt a fan favorite for his production...
No - Kuhn's a fan favorite because of his production.
The guy gives it everything he has, no matter what they ask him to do.
As far as blocking is concerned, I don't think Starks will hold up. When did Starks become the darling of the team? Where has he been since that Bears play-off game? Nowhere. I'm not jumping on that band-wagon . . . yet.
Training camp isn't the regular season. He's gonna have to show it when it counts.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No - Kuhn's a fan favorite because of his production.
The guy gives it everything he has, no matter what they ask him to do.
As far as blocking is concerned, I don't think Starks will hold up. When did Starks become the darling of the team? Where has he been since that Bears play-off game? Nowhere. I'm not jumping on that band-wagon . . . yet.
Training camp isn't the regular season. He's gonna have to show it when it counts.

Where's Kuhn's production? I mean seriously, it's not carrying the ball or catching the ball, and his blocking is sub-par for a fullback. Look up his stats and tell me where that production is. A couple years ago he was really good in short yardage until the other teams figured out he was going to get the quick-hitter 90% of the time, which certainly wasn't his fault.

As for the bolded part, so what? That also describes Tom Crabtree (cut), Ryan Grant (gone), and a host of others who are simply not talented (or healthy) enough to be top-end starters. Talent is part of the equation in professional football.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kuhn has maybe one year left. His production has been slipping and there are better ball carriers and pass catchers on the team. The era of the fullback is going away.

Blaise Winter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ Agreed. We drafted and later released the best pure fullback in the entire league (Vonte Leach) 8 years ago and I haven't heard a single Packer fan complain in the interim. Kuhn has a name that is fun to yell and he's that ungainly unathletic blue collar dude that people think they'd like to have a beer with or something.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

His hands are resting on his hips all practice long, by every report I read.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
other than outrunning people to the fridge...you only need to concern yourself with who he runs over.

That would be a load to stop in short yardage situations.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:agree: All the reports I hear is that he is doing quite well and ran in three TD's in practice today.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I have heard good things as well. I trust the words of Jason Wilde and Rob Demovsky over whatever yahoo report Noon sees