• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who should redskins select #2

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMG_2712.png

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all of us as well
:hope:

one small problem. One can't avoid hits at this level.
:trash:
Very true just ask David Carr and how that worked out for him or RG3 or how Troy will tell you that first year shortened his career.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should’ve traded it for fields and the bears number 9 pick. Now they’re screwed.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The owner wants JJ McCarthy lol. We all saw what happened with Bryce Young :pound:
I can’t see this owner interfering in football decisions. At least I hope not

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can’t see this owner interfering in football decisions. At least I hope not

Well either way I hope it happens because that'll make the draft pretty damn amusing and I can give out my first F grade early.

Maybe they'll up the pass attempts from 620 or so to 700 for McCarthy! :pound:

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the football guys like JJ that’s fine

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maye is the easy choice
Im Not No Way GIF

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have been looking for their franchise QB for some time and they will regret it if they don’t take Daniels. He reminds me of Stroud how he navigates the pocket, this is just instincts taking over, somehow feeling pressure one sudden movement to dodge the rush. Some guys have it and some don’t-you can’t teach it. He does a great job going through his progressions, the best in this class. You combine that with his athleticism. They say he is a boom or bust prospect and I believe it but I am all about the boom. The kid is the real deal.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably trade down if I were the Commanders. But I think they will take Jayden Daniels.

I would hate to be a GM whose job depended on trying to nail this draft pick, because I think Maye and Daniels will both likely be busts.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would probably trade down if I were the Commanders. But I think they will take Jayden Daniels.

I would hate to be a GM whose job depended on trying to nail this draft pick, because I think Maye and Daniels will both likely be busts.
Trading down should not be an option unless they hate Daniels and Maye

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maye was dogshit in the 5 unc games i saw.

I'm assuming those were all from this season and yes, he does have issues. He'll show that arm talent and make some amazing throws, then bounce one on an easy gimmie throw. There's an issue there whether it's mechanics or head/focus.

However, he was also not working with targets like Daniels (or Penix) had at their disposal. Maye's best WR was held out for the first month or so over his transfer status (sure, let's pick on him when everyone is seemingly in the portal every year lol). Daniels is an athletic freak, but his arm really does not match up to Maye's.

Maye is also a true junior with two years of production. Other than Caleb and JJ, these other guys are super seniors with extra years of starting (due to the lockdown season and injuries). He's going to be a bit more raw as a result (just not as raw as JJ, since Michigan's passing offense was often an afterthought).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Likely? That's a very strong take.

Trading down would likely put them in the Nix/Penix mix. If they were going to do that, they could've stuck with last year's starting QB, whom they already dealt away. Their current starting QB would be Mariota; they HAVE to come out of this draft with a day 1 starting QB.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my take, yes. Likely busts.

I think Daniels is the guy I would gamble on of these two, and I think that is what the Commanders will do, for the record. Daniels has potential with a good coordinator to be a real offensive weapon due to his dual-threat abilities. I think he is going to be scheme dependent.

But I could also EASILY see him bust. Teams will scheme to keep him in the pocket and force him to win that way, from the pocket in rhythm to small windows in zones. And he won't have a huge advantage in the NFL throwing to two top 25 players like he did with Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr. that were clearly better than the people they matched against, even in the SEC.

I think Maye is a very likely bust, due to his actual performance to date. He's an arm traits prospect, unlike Daniels who at least has put up wild numbers and won with two programs.

I guess it comes down to what Shanemans said though: These teams have to use the lottery ticket, because in this league you can't win without a talented QB, so you have to try.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's my take, yes. Likely busts.

I think Daniels is the guy I would gamble on of these two, and I think that is what the Commanders will do, for the record. Daniels has potential with a good coordinator to be a real offensive weapon due to his dual-threat abilities. I think he is going to be scheme dependent.

But I could also EASILY see him bust. Teams will scheme to keep him in the pocket and force him to win that way, from the pocket in rhythm to small windows in zones. And he won't have a huge advantage in the NFL throwing to two top 25 players like he did with Malik Nabers and Brian Thomas Jr. that were clearly better than the people they matched against, even in the SEC.

I think Maye is a very likely bust, due to his actual performance to date. He's an arm traits prospect, unlike Daniels who at least has put up wild numbers and won with two programs.

I guess it comes down to what Shanemans said though: These teams have to use the lottery ticket, because in this league you can't win without a talented QB, so you have to try.
People focus too much on what weapons a guy had or didn’t. That matters very little. Mechanics, tendencies, qb iq, progressions, etc. Those things matter.

People were saying that Stroud would be a bust bc he had a ton of weapons and no other Ohio St QB succeeding in the NFL. Stupid reasoning.