• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who goes where when the PAC dissolves?

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's why they paid to not make their return trip of a home and home with us in Seattle. Pussies, Wisconsin is lucky they play in a conference where having a QB isn't required.
I guess Michigan State is better than Alabama then, using that logic.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Michigan State is better than Alabama then, using that logic.

No one said better, but Wisconsin is a nice little program but I'd say even Michigan State is a better program than Wisconsin. Alabama rules college football, you can't blame them for backing out of a deal. Nick Saban gets to make up rules all by himself, they are in a different league.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any PR is good PR, Cincinnati being like 9th banana in Ohio brings more than a team with cute little yellow uniforms.

Like what exactly? Since a wazzu fan knows so much here.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
USC benefits from playing in a weak conference. The PAC got pounded come bowl season with the only win for the entire conference was over West Virginia. Shit, they lost to Purdue. Again, outside of Stanford and USC, the PAC is pretty much all undesirables.
It was only a couple of years ago that so called pundits were all over the place claiming the PAC had caught up with the SEC, or at least was solidly in second place. Now the B1G is top heavy and the PAC had a down turn.

It's all cyclical at best.

No reasonable person would really conclude this is a permanent thing.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most should probably consider going FCS.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was only a couple of years ago that so called pundits were all over the place claiming the PAC had caught up with the SEC, or at least was solidly in second place. Now the B1G is top heavy and the PAC had a down turn.

It's all cyclical at best.

No reasonable person would really conclude this is a permanent thing.

The only exception I see with this is realignment. When the Big 12 lost Nebraska and aTm it changed the Big 12 forever.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one conference were to disappear, the ACC would make the most sense. Or rather more of a merger with the SEC.

Big 12 moves a couple of the western/northern most teams to the PAC, the ACC/SEC conference pushes teams to the B1G and Big12 and the conferences are now more regional. You would have a West coast conference a southern conference, an East coast conference and a northern conference.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If one conference were to disappear, the ACC would make the most sense. Or rather more of a merger with the SEC.

Big 12 moves a couple of the western/northern most teams to the PAC, the ACC/SEC conference pushes teams to the B1G and Big12 and the conferences are now more regional. You would have a West coast conference a southern conference, an East coast conference and a northern conference.

7Sam, it's clear you don't understand a lot about conference dynamics. The SEC isn't likely to push any of its teams away (with the remote possibility of Missouri), and it's pretty unlikely that the ACC does, either. That being said, there is a minute chance that the SEC & Big 10 could each lure a team away from the ACC; but if that happened, they would quickly backfill with teams from the American or Big 12.

The Big 12 remains the Power-5 league in the most precarious position, as they could lose teams to the SEC (most likely from the states of Texas & Oklahoma), the ACC (West Virginia), and the Big 10 (Kansas, Iowa St.); and possibly to the Pac-12, as well (Texas/Oklahoma leftovers & Kansas St.), although the latter scenario is much less likely than it was a few years ago.

Due to the plight of the Pac-12's pitiful television package & its grossly overpaid commissioner, there is at least a chance that the B-12 could either lure the Arizona schools away, or snatch up Utah & bring Colorado back into the fold. But none of the old Pac-8 members are going anywhere. If they lost some members, they would just grab the most enticing members of the MWC - and maybe even bite the bullet & invite BYU. But the core of the Pac isn't going to break up because they depend on each other too much for scheduling all those sports that other conferences & fan bases don't really care about.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7Sam, it's clear you don't understand a lot about conference dynamics. The SEC isn't likely to push any of its teams away (with the remote possibility of Missouri), and it's pretty unlikely that the ACC does, either. That being said, there is a minute chance that the SEC & Big 10 could each lure a team away from the ACC; but if that happened, they would quickly backfill with teams from the American or Big 12.

The Big 12 remains the Power-5 league in the most precarious position, as they could lose teams to the SEC (most likely from the states of Texas & Oklahoma), the ACC (West Virginia), and the Big 10 (Kansas, Iowa St.); and possibly to the Pac-12, as well (Texas/Oklahoma leftovers & Kansas St.), although the latter scenario is much less likely than it was a few years ago.

Due to the plight of the Pac-12's pitiful television package & its grossly overpaid commissioner, there is at least a chance that the B-12 could either lure the Arizona schools away, or snatch up Utah & bring Colorado back into the fold. But none of the old Pac-8 members are going anywhere. If they lost some members, they would just grab the most enticing members of the MWC - and maybe even bite the bullet & invite BYU. But the core of the Pac isn't going to break up because they depend on each other too much for scheduling all those sports that other conferences & fan bases don't really care about.
Yep nobody cares about sports other than football. Meanwhile SEC recruits still can't speak fvkng English after four years of pseudo college.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I didn’t say it would happen. I said it would make the most sense since you have two conferences that are occupying the same area. The ACC also has an absolute shit TV deal.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I dont think it would happen IF IF IF it did I could see the Big XII going after the AZ schools and the LA schools.
I would expect the remaining 8 do their best to stick together and try to absorb the top of the MWC
going to something like

North
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Boise State
Wyoming

South
Cal
Stanford
Colorado
Utah
San Diego State
Colorado State

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
while I dont think it would happen IF IF IF it did I could see the Big XII going after the AZ schools and the LA schools.
I would expect the remaining 8 do their best to stick together and try to absorb the top of the MWC
going to something like

North
Washington
Washington State
Oregon
Oregon State
Boise State
Wyoming

South
Cal
Stanford
Colorado
Utah
San Diego State
Colorado State
Jesus, that looks like a complete shit show.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colorado Utah and the AZ schools.

If we want to take the socal schools to get to 16 I'm cool.

NW schools nah I'll pass.
I can't imagine any of the Cal - 4 schools nor Washington for that matter, joining a conference with Big 12 type academics. I believe Texas and maybe Iowa St. are the only AAU schools in that conference.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't imagine any of the Cal - 4 schools nor Washington for that matter, joining a conference with Big 12 type academics. I believe Texas and maybe Iowa St. are the only AAU schools in that conference.

It's about dollar bills and the PNW doesn't deliver

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3