• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Who goes where when the PAC dissolves?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean the Pac is not going anywhere. Sure they have a few short term issues, but the geography and history dictate that the core members aren't going to break up. For many reasons. Even if a few members left (Which I would be 100% in favor of) they would go the way of the Big12 that really hasn't been 12 for some time. They would go back to 8-10 or whatever and do things the way they always have.

It really is amazing how short term the memory of posters is up here. It's not like the Pac has been some bottom dweller for decades. It was one bad year. One.

They aren't going anywhere.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about dollar bills and the PNW doesn't deliver
Yeah, better quit while you are way behind lol.

You clearly have no clue about football economics.

Like at all.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, better quit while you are way behind lol.

You clearly have no clue about football economics.

Like at all.

No one cared about Washington before Peterson arrived. I'm sure he will be fine after the Pac dissolves.

Oregon has FU money so they should find a nice landing spot. Stanford is sorta the same. The rest, eh.

Coming from a fan of a perennial top 25 program no one cares about it really sucks when you find out how little your school means in the grand scheme of things doesn't it.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one cared about Washington before Peterson arrived. I'm sure he will be fine after the Pac dissolves.

Oregon has FU money so they should find a nice landing spot. Stanford is sorta the same. The rest, eh.

Coming from a fan of a perennial top 25 program no one cares about it really sucks when you find out how little your school means in the grand scheme of things doesn't it.
Just stop before you dig yourself a deeper hole on here than you already have. Only USC has more wins among PAC teams, including Rose Bowl wins than Washington.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw this national championship trophy sits just inside the entrance of Husky Stadium.

natty1.jpg

huskystadium1.jpg

huskystadium6.jpg

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just stop before you dig yourself a deeper hole on here than you already have. Only USC has more wins among PAC teams, including Rose Bowl wins than Washington.

Yeah see nobody cares. The PAC is USC, Oregon for a while and no one else. Oklahoma State fan here so I get it but no one gives a shit about Washington. Honestly if there was a random fan pole I'd bet Wazzou would be the more popular program in the state because they have a more dynamic coach. Hell you add Boise and its possible you finish 3rd in that bad boy.

If it makes you feel better I think you are a bigger deal than Oregon State.

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah see nobody cares. The PAC is USC, Oregon for a while and no one else. Oklahoma State fan here so I get it but no one gives a shit about Washington. Honestly if there was a random fan pole I'd bet Wazzou would be the more popular program in the state because they have a more dynamic coach. Hell you add Boise and its possible you finish 3rd in that bad boy.

If it makes you feel better I think you are a bigger deal than Oregon State.
I'm guessing you're a millennial by the looks of your post in this thread. In that case your opinion means a big zero.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's about dollar bills and the PNW doesn't deliver

Yeah, Nike all the most advertising dollars in the conference doesn't deliver money.

Larry Scott is the reason the PAC12 is so far behind in money because he sucks donkey nuts at negotiating. Right now it sucks balls but if cord cutting keep going the way it is, the Pac12 is set to be the only conference not left with an IOU from Disney.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You specifically mentioned money and yet your school doesn't hit anything close to a national radar in that category. Not even close bro.

You also specifically mentioned the PNW not having any and yet UW has been at the forefront for some time.

You are also now showing even more stupid with the idea there wasn't football here before Petersen. The football tradition goes way back at UW with many decades of pure dominance and you kind of have to be a total noob not to have heard of Don James and what this program did all through the 70's - 90's.

So yeah, you just might still want to quit while you are falling much MUCH farther behind.

:laugh:

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing you're a millennial by the looks of your post in this thread. In that case your opinion means a big zero.

Actually my opinion means quite a bit.

I didn't wake up this morning and think let's shit on Washington fans. It was kind of a random question-if the Big 12 raids the Pac who do you want?

I want the mountain schools. All are better adds than any eastern option. If we go to 16 I want the blue bloods in the huge tv market. The rest are of diminishing value to the conference.

And if you want to say who gives a shit about your school remember 8 years ago you were about to welcome us and Tech with open arms because Texas and OU said so. I kinda wish that would have happened as the current life would better for all but it is what it is. At this stage I'm not sure you have that kind of backing though.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, Nike all the most advertising dollars in the conference doesn't deliver money.

Larry Scott is the reason the PAC12 is so far behind in money because he sucks donkey nuts at negotiating. Right now it sucks balls but if cord cutting keep going the way it is, the Pac12 is set to be the only conference not left with an IOU from Disney.

I said nice things about you. Keep up

Sorry I like Wazzou. It started with my opinion and now I'm screwing with the village idiot. No offense to your school as the coach is awesome and I loved your stadium when I visited the campus a few years ago (almost did a PHD there so if multiverse theory is to be believed there are versions of me out there that are alums).

Last edited:

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually my opinion means quite a bit.

I didn't wake up this morning and think let's shit on Washington fans. It was kind of a random question-if the Big 12 raids the Pac who do you want?

I want the mountain schools. All are better adds than any eastern option. If we go to 16 I want the blue bloods in the huge tv market. The rest are of diminishing value to the conference.

And if you want to say who gives a shit about your school remember 8 years ago you were about to welcome us and Tech with open arms because Texas and OU said so. I kinda wish that would have happened as the current life would better for all but it is what it is. At this stage I'm not sure you have that kind of backing though.
You have the college football IQ of a peanut. If you had a clue you'd know Washington could buy Okie St. out ten times over and still have change leftover.

Cowboyinexile

I have spoken
Hoopla Cash
$ 52,518.49
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have the college football IQ of a peanut. If you had a clue you'd know Washington could buy Okie St. out ten times over and still have change leftover.

Eh. It isn't a question of who is bigger. Honestly I'd guess we are fairly equal in stature right now (you guys have old history, we have scoreboard, both are top 15ish type schools recently).

The question was who would the Big 12 take. Colorado has history and Utah is a traveling partner. The AZ schools are the next two logical options. The blue bloods in the mega tv market are right there as well. Not saying you guys suck, just that if one conference is raiding the other you are low on the pecking order

AlaskaGuy

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,312.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh. It isn't a question of who is bigger. Honestly I'd guess we are fairly equal in stature right now (you guys have old history, we have scoreboard, both are top 15ish type schools recently).

The question was who would the Big 12 take. Colorado has history and Utah is a traveling partner. The AZ schools are the next two logical options. The blue bloods in the mega tv market are right there as well. Not saying you guys suck, just that if one conference is raiding the other you are low on the pecking order
There's a reason the Big 12 lost four conference members in five years to three different conferences.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is an entirely different argument than your first stance which was entirely about money.

Wouldn't argue with just pure geography. The PNW is about as far away from most Big12 teams as you can get.

But trust us, it wouldn't be a case of money that had leagues passing up UW. Seattle is the 12th largest media market in the country and the athletics department brings in more than $125m/yr.