• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

Which team will have more wins this upcoming year?

• Cleveland Browns

• NY Giants

• They will tie in wins

Results are only viewable after voting.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed, i expect him to be a pass catching monster in a Shurmer offense, and I love that he is coming in with a reputation as a ferocious blocker (For a RB)
Where does this idea come from that Shurmer just bombards his RBs with targets? That wasn't the case either of the last two years in Minnesota, nor was it when he was the Browns coach.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kareem Hunt is the reason why Alex Smith got $94m and Matt Nagy got a HC position.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does this idea come from that Shurmer just bombards his RBs with targets? That wasn't the case either of the last two years in Minnesota, nor was it when he was the Browns coach.

McKinnon had 51 receptions as mostly a part time back

Dalvin Cooke looked well on his way to a big catch year also

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gonna be yet another year where the Pats are dead last in pass/run ratio when adjusted for gameflow. Hoody is some kind of dumbfuck.
Nice anomalous example. "Everyone can just run the Patriots offense without Tom Brady" :laugh:

They use their backs a ton anyway.
3 guys in the top 32 in receptions
4 guys in the top 70 in touches
Top guy had 250 touches
10th in rushing yards
12th in ypc
6th in rushing touchdowns
6th in rushing first downs

Adjust yourself.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McKinnon had 51 receptions as mostly a part time back

Dalvin Cooke looked well on his way to a big catch year also
If Cook hadn't gotten hurt, McKinnon would've been lucky to crack 20 catches. I mean, McKinnon was their primary receiving back and he finished 13th in the NFL among RBs in receptions.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never said the running game is worthless or isn't worth having. Having a good running game can finesse several problems. Some of the better Romo teams and the 2016 Cowboys are a good example of this. Last year's Chiefs are another one. As far as brute scoring goes, it's better to pass the ball than running by a solid margin. Running the ball, for the most part, is more akin to bringing in a closer the way the clock works in the NFL. The Eagles passed almost 70% of the time in the first half against the Vikings in the NFCCG while the game had any kind of doubt to it.

The passing rules have broken the value of running the ball for the most part if you were to ask me.

Here's the top 6 scoring teams.
Todd Gurley
Patriots
Eagles
Ingram/Kamara
Leonard Fournette
Kareem Hunt

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyreek Hill is the reason why Alex Smith got $94m and Matt Nagy got a HC position.
Fixed. Mostly.

Its probably evenly split between Hill, Kelce and Hunt.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Moose is overstating the case a bit. But it is hard to argue that elite running backs can carry teams. The days of Barry Sanders are long over.

That doesn't mean that Barkley can't be great for the Giants. But if their OL stinks he probably won't be.
Fournette had the most touches in the entire league. He remade the entire offense which enabled them to remake the entire way they play. Instantly the Defense took off.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Cook hadn't gotten hurt, McKinnon would've been lucky to crack 20 catches. I mean, McKinnon was their primary receiving back and he finished 13th in the NFL among RBs in receptions.

And Cooke would have had 80 catches

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly (they have made pretty significant OL improvements)

Moose comes from a place where he is talking about a basher that will get 30 carries

I understand that guy being phased out

But the impact of a dual threat back, the likes of Bell, Hunt, Zeke, Gurley, David Johnson

What those guys do for an offense? Huge, Gurley was almost the league MVP

Youre a Seattle fan, they were destroyed by a lack of a running threat last season
Most Seattle fans will always be a little delusional about it because they are incentived to give Lynch's credit to Wilson since they have him longer. Understandable, but also explainable.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fixed. Mostly.

Its probably evenly split between Hill, Kelce and Hunt.
Neither Hill nor Kelce fully blew up until Hunt showed up to lead the NFL in rushing.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was on the Barkley board, just for the pure entertainment value, but I was in the minority in NY, most thought the wiser move was a QB, but our GM kept hinting at not loving any of these QB's, so I guess if thats the case....But Yeah, I dont expect any turn back the clock from Eli, all im hoping is that Barkley, a better Oline, a healthy WR corps, he wont be asked to do as much as last season
He has 3 incredible weapons at all levels now. Beckham, Engram, Barkley. That'll turn the clock back. Look at all the resources the Patriots have been pouring into the skill positions now for old ass Brady. Same thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Neither Hill nor Kelce fully blew up until Hunt showed up to lead the NFL in rushing.
The 2 biggest changes in the Chiefs offense last year was Alex Smith finding the deep ball and Hunt having Home Run potential. It seems everyone I run into gives Alex Smith or Hunt the credit and they deserve some credit but Hill is also one of the fastest people on the planet and also deserves a little bit of credit.

Kelce has been a cog for the past few seasons so that doesnt really have anything to do with Hunt.

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 biggest changes in the Chiefs offense last year was Alex Smith finding the deep ball and Hunt having Home Run potential. It seems everyone I run into gives Alex Smith or Hunt the credit and they deserve some credit but Hill is also one of the fastest people on the planet and also deserves a little bit of credit.

Kelce has been a cog for the past few seasons so that doesnt really have anything to do with Hunt.
Kelce's TDs doubled because they finally had an elite RB that could move the ball into position for him to get them.

Smith has been in the NFL for over a decade, I doubt it's a coincidence that all of the sudden he just "found the deep ball". Hunt was the missing piece for that offense last year.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's 32 teams. He didn't even play the whole year.