• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Projecting which Bears should return next year

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a quarterback, Fields is gone. Ain't gonna be no Taysom Hill stuff going on.
Long, long before there's any draft we'll learn about Fields status as a Bear. It's not like Poles is going to wait until draft day to decide whether or not to trade him. Drafting a QB, then trading Fields would cut his value in half.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft a quarterback, Fields is gone. Ain't gonna be no Taysom Hill stuff going on.

Altho I agree......JF would be perfect for that.

But JF will want out before he plays that role.......

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't gonna be no Taysom Hill stuff going on.

And let's be honest...nor should there be. They aren't the same type of player.

Brought to you by the same fanbase that thought Kmet was Kelce and Tarik Cohen was Darren Sproles.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Long, long before there's any draft we'll learn about Fields status as a Bear. It's not like Poles is going to wait until draft day to decide whether or not to trade him. Drafting a QB, then trading Fields would cut his value in half.

Still not sure what anyont will give us for him.......but I think youre right,he will be traded before the draft.

Here we are sitting back and watching Jordan Love lead the Pack to another playoff run(gawd I hope not) as us Bear fans sit and hope JF becomes the starter we have been waiting for......

Sorry JF,but I think your time as a Bear is nearing......

Last edited:

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty cool to see JF1 go to a competent team and light up the NFL after the bears trade him.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be pretty cool to see JF1 go to a competent team and light up the NFL after the bears trade him.
No it wouldn't you sick fuck!? :D
LOL, kinda feeling the same BD, perhaps not as strongly. I wouldn't use the word cool to describe that potential scenario. Maybe "it would serve the Bears right" might be more fitting.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, kinda feeling the same BD, perhaps not as strongly. I wouldn't use the word cool to describe that potential scenario. Maybe "it would serve the Bears right" might be more fitting.
Fields has to hold up his end of the deal too. I realize he's had musical chairs for coaches, but it's ultimately up to the players on the field to show us what they've got. I think the kid has a huge upside still, but he just seems to lack something, the "it" factor, if you'll permit me? Just seems to play small when it matters most.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fields has to hold up his end of the deal too. I realize he's had musical chairs for coaches, but it's ultimately up to the players on the field to show us what they've got. I think the kid has a huge upside still, but he just seems to lack something, the "it" factor, if you'll permit me? Just seems to play small when it matters most.
Could not agree more my brutha. He's fast running out of reasons for the Bears to keep him another year, assuming of course that Poles hasn't already made up his mind.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No it wouldn't you sick fuck!? :D

Eh,if he played great,would not bother me a bit.....kinda like watching Roquan Smith play,he is killin it,and wish him well....

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eh,if he played great,would not bother me a bit.....kinda like watching Roquan Smith play,he is killin it,and wish him well....
It's less that I would root for Fields or any ex-Bear to play poorly than it is bagging on the Bears for giving up on them too early.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's less that I would root for Fields or any ex-Bear to play poorly than it is bagging on the Bears for giving up on them too early.
Speaking of giving up too early, one has to think Poles would be nuts to let Johnson walk this offseason:

FTR, I see zero chance of Poles just letting Johnson walk, especially when he's having the best season of his career. To me the only question is whether he receives an extension or gets tagged. Personally, I'd prefer to see an extension, but one or the other is a must, plain and simple.

steve59

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Denver game I think JF1 has earned his 4th year to prove himself. The games we lost didn't seem like it was the QB position that let us down. and when I say it would be great to see JF1 to thrive in another uniform I mean it would serve the whiners right that blame him for every dropped pass on the team. Stats don't tell Justin Fields true value on the team.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the Denver game I think JF1 has earned his 4th year to prove himself. The games we lost didn't seem like it was the QB position that let us down. and when I say it would be great to see JF1 to thrive in another uniform I mean it would serve the whiners right that blame him for every dropped pass on the team. Stats don't tell Justin Fields true value on the team.

I dont think anyone here is blaming Fields for those dropped passes,sure his numbers would be better if they were caught,but the thing is"Every qb has had dropped passes"......Its part of being a qb......

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TJ Edwards is playing better.

Kinda easy to wish him well, when he's not missed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of giving up too early, one has to think Poles would be nuts to let Johnson walk this offseason:

FTR, I see zero chance of Poles just letting Johnson walk, especially when he's having the best season of his career. To me the only question is whether he receives an extension or gets tagged. Personally, I'd prefer to see an extension, but one or the other is a must, plain and simple.
Best CB in the game this year and it's not really even close.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The disappearance of Darnell Mooney's role despite him constantly being on the field is so odd to me. That guy is too talented to just disappear like this. I'm sure he wants out and I get it.

That dude spent a whole NFL season just getting his cardio in.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Altho I agree......JF would be perfect for that.

But JF will want out before he plays that role.......
Yeah, Taysom Hill wound up as "Taysom Hill" because no one ever wanted him as a starting QB. This was the best opportunity he had in the NFL. Even if I don't love JF - I totally understand that there will be multiple teams inquiring about a trade for him. Should we go that route come spring.