• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

An overall take on the state of the Bears after Week 7

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Fairly comprehensive, a nicely detailed 10 point take on how the Bears are faring going into Week 8. A bit on the upbeat side, but also anchored in realism. Let's face it, we're 2-5, not 5-2. I liked point #2 in particular, as it confirms what some of us have been saying in that the defense seems to be showing some much needed signs of life. But the entire article is a good read in general.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fuck there ain't a QB controversy. Fuck Fields.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's the going take in the NFL for Flus to say that Fields remains the starting QB. Coaches are generally loathe to replacing a starting QB due to injury, especially when that injury is of the short term nature. And they're even more loathe to stating this after just one week when the player is out. Chances are, unless Bagent has something akin to a 400 yard/3 TD/150 rating game, Fields will return as the starter, likely around Week 9 or 10 at the latest. Personally, I'm glad he's on he sideline at the present, injury or not. He needs to see how the position is handled from a different perspective.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it's the going take in the NFL for Flus to say that Fields remains the starting QB. Coaches are generally loathe to replacing a starting QB due to injury, especially when that injury is of the short term nature. And they're even more loathe to stating this after just one week when the player is out. Chances are, unless Bagent has something akin to a 400 yard/3 TD/150 rating game, Fields will return as the starter, likely around Week 9 or 10 at the latest. Personally, I'm glad he's on he sideline at the present, injury or not. He needs to see how the position is handled from a different perspective.
I'm glad he's on the sideline, cuz he fucking sucks. And the higher they hold him up on that pedestal, the shittier the team will be.

If Bagent stacks any amount of wins, it's gonna be tough to sit him.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so done watching Fields play. Please, roll out Bagent rest of the year. Just for my sanity. I can't watch him kill us anymore. He KILLS this football team.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am so done watching Fields play. Please, roll out Bagent rest of the year. Just for my sanity. I can't watch him kill us anymore. He KILLS this football team.
As much as I agree, it just sucks. Fields seems like a good dude. He’s not sulking, he’s taken it on the chin from the media with grace, and he still seems like a good leader. I just wish he could throw the ball with accuracy and timing on the short and intermediate throws.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With a 2-5 record there hasn't been much to cheer about with our beloved Bears, but if there's an unsung hero for them at this point in the season, it has to be Cairo Santos. The guy has been money with FGs, so far going 11-11. In fact, since he rejoined the Bears in 2020, he's been knocking them in at a scorching 92% rate. Not sure where that ranks with respect to the rest of the league's kickers, but it's probably a decent guess for him to be in the top 10, maybe even top 5. From 50+ yards out, he's been a bit more down to earth with a 69% rate, altho this climbs to 89% since the start of the '22 season, and so far this year he's 3-3.

His PAT production has been pretty good, but not great. Overall, he's knocking them in at a 93% clip, with last season dropping that rate after missing 5 EP. In fact this past Sunday was his first miss of '23. When you also consider that his kickoffs regularly result in touchbacks, it's fair to say his overall production has been solid, maybe even Pro Bowl worthy.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As much as I agree, it just sucks. Fields seems like a good dude. He’s not sulking, he’s taken it on the chin from the media with grace, and he still seems like a good leader. I just wish he could throw the ball with accuracy and timing on the short and intermediate throws.

Not to mention finding open recievers........

BearsWillWin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm glad he's on the sideline, cuz he fucking sucks. And the higher they hold him up on that pedestal, the shittier the team will be.

If Bagent stacks any amount of wins, it's gonna be tough to sit him.

They had to sub in the backup to throw a Hail Mary.

Sitting the kid won’t be that hard.

He balled out Sunday. Made smart decisions. Showed mental toughness and obviously had fun.

But let’s be honest. He’s raw and physically limited. He probably has a bright future as a backup that can spot start when needed.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They had to sub in the backup to throw a Hail Mary.

Sitting the kid won’t be that hard.

He balled out Sunday. Made smart decisions. Showed mental toughness and obviously had fun.

But let’s be honest. He’s raw and physically limited. He probably has a bright future as a backup that can spot start when needed.
I'm not buying the Hail Mary shit. For all we know, they didn't want to risk hurting him on a meaningless play, particularly after botching the time management right before. Dude's Dad is a world champion arm wrestler, with both arms...kinda hard to believe he wouldn't have the arm-strength to throw it barely 50 yards. Either way, I couldn't care less. The few times he needed to get it down the field, he did it, and he did it accurately. Arm strength is garbage. Jamarcus Russell had great arm strength. Tom Brady? Not so much.

Like I said...he starts stacking wins, and I think it will be tough to sit him. He definitely was a spark, that I haven't seen in awhile, and it was a joy to watch.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's fucking light years ahead of Fields, between the ears.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this on ESPN1000. What do these QB all have in common?

Zappe, Mac Jones, Howell, Hoyer, Trey Lance and Davis Mills.

QB the Bears have beaten in the Eberflus regime.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heard this on ESPN1000. What do these QB all have in common?

Zappe, Mac Jones, Howell, Hoyer, Trey Lance and Davis Mills.

QB the Bears have beaten in the Eberflus regime.

Without looking at the spoiler:

They suck.....??