• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

First look at the Bears offseason (mock free agents and full draft)

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one local writer's take on a possible 9-8 season:

Is the man being logical or infected with homerism? He actually brings up some salient points as to how our roster has greatly improved, almost unit by unit, compared to last year. The trouble is, many other teams have improved their rosters as well. It's not as if our club operates in a vacuum. This is the one x-factor few diehard fans rooting for their respective teams take into account- that other teams are not just idly standing by. Many have also improved their rosters.

Still, when it's all said and done, playing better than .500 cannot be totally dismissed. Our roster has improved, perhaps significantly, and we do play a relatively favorable schedule this year. So who knows.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's one local writer's take on a possible 9-8 season:

Is the man being logical or infected with homerism? He actually brings up some salient points as to how our roster has greatly improved, almost unit by unit, compared to last year. The trouble is, many other teams have improved their rosters as well. It's not as if our club operates in a vacuum. This is the one x-factor few diehard fans rooting for their respective teams take into account- that other teams are not just idly standing by. Many have also improved their rosters.

Still, when it's all said and done, playing better than .500 cannot be totally dismissed. Our roster has improved, perhaps significantly, and we do play a relatively favorable schedule this year. So who knows.

Well I kinda predicted a 9-10 win season myself........the schedule favors that.
But early August,Ill take a look at what our opponents have added in the draft and freeagency,not to mention if they had major players with season ending injuries coming back this season......

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Possibility........??......His name has been kicked around here for some time.
Im extremely puzzled as to why no one has singed this guy:

I think hes a no brainer......

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have to believe that Poles will sign at least one of these still-available pass rushers in the coming days:

It just makes too much sense.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least for the time being, it looks like we still lead the league in one category:

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that make you go hmmmm. I'm linking an article from Fansided describing the 5 best offseason moves by the Bears:

But this is what caught my eye in particular with respect to our revised RB group:

What makes it impressive is the cost. On a per-year basis, the Chicago Bears will be paying these four a combined $5.2M, while David Montgomery signed a three-year deal worth $18M, so he will be making $6M per year.

In terms of first-year cap hits, the Chicago Bears are paying slightly more this year, but for the next two years, it is not close, the Lions are paying more for Montgomery than the four Chicago Bears runners combined.

So in summation, who would you rather have for relatively the same amount of coin, David Montgomery.....or Kahlil Herbert, D'Onta Foreman, Roschon Johnson, and Travis Homer. I'm telling you this Poles guy is dumb.....like a fox.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Things that make you go hmmmm. I'm linking an article from Fansided describing the 5 best offseason moves by the Bears:

But this is what caught my eye in particular with respect to our revised RB group:

What makes it impressive is the cost. On a per-year basis, the Chicago Bears will be paying these four a combined $5.2M, while David Montgomery signed a three-year deal worth $18M, so he will be making $6M per year.

In terms of first-year cap hits, the Chicago Bears are paying slightly more this year, but for the next two years, it is not close, the Lions are paying more for Montgomery than the four Chicago Bears runners combined.

So in summation, who would you rather have for relatively the same amount of coin, David Montgomery.....or Kahlil Herbert, D'Onta Foreman, Roschon Johnson, and Travis Homer. I'm telling you this Poles guy is dumb.....like a fox.

I like Foreman myself,but dont know anything about Johnson or Homer........
I think Kahlil and Foreman will be splitting the carries at 50/50.......I actually like Foreman over Kahlil,but we will see how it pans out.

And I think with what hes saving on the rbs, could be money used for a new JF contract if ends up being what we all hope for.......smart move.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Bears dodge a bullet here?

While my personal take is the statement carries an element of perhaps being a bit overdramatic, we can't dispute that it's yet another distraction for Carter. And any further such distractions could start to take its toll.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did the Bears dodge a bullet here?

While my personal take is the statement carries an element of perhaps being a bit overdramatic, we can't dispute that it's yet another distraction for Carter. And any further such distractions could start to take its toll.

Poles knew what he was doing......so Id say we didnt dodge a bullet....
Hell even Stevie Wonder could see this was gonna happen....

Carter is getting his just do,so its just the begining for him......it couldnt happen to a bigger peice of shit.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would think there would be another lawsuit after the guy signs his NFL contract?

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who would think there would be another lawsuit after the guy signs his NFL contract?

Itll probably be the insurance company paying it.....but I dont know how it works.

But to dig deep in his walllet will too damn funny and well deserved.

justanidiot

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Itll probably be the insurance company paying it.....but I dont know how it works.

But to dig deep in his walllet will too damn funny and well deserved.
Pretty sure the insurance portion is over, its been long enough, I figured it must be a civil suit.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears sign Cole Kmet to a 4 year/$50 mil ($32.8 guaranteed) extension:

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bears sign Cole Kmet to a 4 year/$50 mil ($32.8 guaranteed) extension:

We love our Notre Dame boys...

Be interesting if Eddie extends (which has been rumored)...I have a feeling he may want to test the FA market.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We love our Notre Dame boys...

Be interesting if Eddie extends (which has been rumored)...I have a feeling he may want to test the FA market.
And it's been reported on numerous sites that the Bears are just as agreeable to wait on his extension, being they want to see how he performs post-injury. Plus, while Eddie's far from being ancient, he's no spring chicken either in entering his age 30 season.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And it's been reported on numerous sites that the Bears are just as agreeable to wait on his extension, being they want to see how he performs post-injury. Plus, while Eddie's far from being ancient, he's no spring chicken either in entering his age 30 season.

I think I meant Jaylon there...LOL...Yeah...We're not re-signing Jackson unless it's super team friendly.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was reading today on NFL.com that Jonathon Taylor was a Bears top 5 landing spot.........??

Im not sold on him coming here,for if they were gonna spend more money which we have the most yet to spend,I would have thought we we wouldve landed NGokwe by now and surprised we havnt........
Hell we picked up Foreman and still have Herbert on a rookie contract......

I tend to think Dallas would be a great landing spot,they are/were a playoff off team,as to where we probably are not,but could be the next last years Detroit surprise team.......

I doubt we do,but I would welcome the idea.......it would take a little more heat off Fields.

Anyone with thoughts???

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Chicago might not be done, either. Rapoport reported Yannick Ngakoue, one of the top free-agent pass rushers still available, is gaining interest among teams and that the Bears might be a sensible landing spot."

Reported off the NFL website.......(the site wont let me copy the address)

It just amazes me why he has not signed with a team by now........