• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does LeBron need to go to make 2018-2019 NBA season interesting?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does he have to go or what needs to change in Cleveland if he stays to make next year even remotely interesting? Otherwise it's Golden State as champions in 2018-2019.

I don't think Cleveland has the money to get LeBron the help he will need to overcome the Warriors. I also don't think the Cavaliers can attract any young all-stars due to their inability to pay them. So if LeBron stays in Cleveland, they may try to help him and we will see a roster similar to that we saw in Cleveland to start this year, with a bunch of old former all-stars. But experience matters come playoffs right?! No, the only excitement for the NBA season this move creates is, can an Eastern team finally prevent LeBron from reaching the finals.

Houston: I don't see this working out. I think LeBron prefers the East because he is a smart man and knows getting the Finals in the East is far easier than trying to get there in the West. I also think he would prefer to meet the Warriors on the grand stage and not in the WCF. Also there could be hope if he stays in the East that somehow the Warriors get knocked out and his Eastern conference team faces the Rockets or someone else. Additionally, it seems the Rockets are starting to form their own unique identity revolved around Harden, CP3, and D'Antonio and that entire system and style of play. A style of play I don't see LeBron enjoying or fitting in well with. So LeBron going to Houston could mean changing that identity the Rockets currently have to adjust to LeBron.

Boston: See Houston. Honestly, if I am Boston and Ainge I rely on my success and future around Stevens as the coach. We all know what LeBron can do to coaches and I think Boston is just fine without LeBron James. Also would Kyrie want him to come to Boston? Nah.

Philly: Makes the most sense. Ton of young talent and stars starting to grow. Seems like the perfect fit in this chapter of LeBron's career. He can be more of the mentor to the young Sixers and maybe finally get some rest during the season. Be a leader and get the 76ers to the post season and come Playoffs start to put in your minutes. Philly is talented and will be a force to be reckoned with in the East for years to come, LeBron can help accelerate this young teams success.

Miami: I wouldn't rule it out. We all thought he burned the bridge with Cleveland when he left, but in the end winning and money can rebuild bridges fast. Riley I am sure would welcome LeBron back to reunite with Wade and co, to try and get one more run at a title. No idea of Miami's cap room, but if they can afford LeBron bring him back and try to recruit a couple all-stars or make some trades to bring them to Miami. Easy place to give a sales pitch.

Golden State: Game over.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part here is we are taking about just two entities, the Warriors and LeBron, to make any excitement or interest in a league of 28 other teams.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The sad part here is we are taking about just two entities, the Warriors and LeBron, to make any excitement or interest in a league of 28 other teams.
We? This conversation appears to be you and you only

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We? This conversation appears to be you and you only

"we" as in collectively fans as a whole. Don't kid yourself, the Bucks aren't winning an NBA title anytime soon. In fact, I'd be greatly concerned that your roster could be plucked by LeBron if he so chooses to stay in Cleveland. He may want Gionnis.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"we" as in collectively fans as a whole. Don't kid yourself, the Bucks aren't winning an NBA title anytime soon. In fact, I'd be greatly concerned that your roster could be plucked by LeBron if he so chooses to stay in Cleveland. He may want Gionnis.

This is about LeBron, why bring up the Bucks? Are you sure they're my team? Are you this stupid in real life or is this your message board persona only?

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is about LeBron, why bring up the Bucks? Are you sure they're my team? Are you this stupid in real life or is this your message board persona only?
How dare I assume a guy with the Badgers and Packers as his favorite team would also be a fan of the Bucks...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where does he have to go or what needs to change in Cleveland if he stays to make next year even remotely interesting? Otherwise it's Golden State as champions in 2018-2019.

I don't think Cleveland has the money to get LeBron the help he will need to overcome the Warriors. I also don't think the Cavaliers can attract any young all-stars due to their inability to pay them. So if LeBron stays in Cleveland, they may try to help him and we will see a roster similar to that we saw in Cleveland to start this year, with a bunch of old former all-stars. But experience matters come playoffs right?! No, the only excitement for the NBA season this move creates is, can an Eastern team finally prevent LeBron from reaching the finals.

Houston: I don't see this working out. I think LeBron prefers the East because he is a smart man and knows getting the Finals in the East is far easier than trying to get there in the West. I also think he would prefer to meet the Warriors on the grand stage and not in the WCF. Also there could be hope if he stays in the East that somehow the Warriors get knocked out and his Eastern conference team faces the Rockets or someone else. Additionally, it seems the Rockets are starting to form their own unique identity revolved around Harden, CP3, and D'Antonio and that entire system and style of play. A style of play I don't see LeBron enjoying or fitting in well with. So LeBron going to Houston could mean changing that identity the Rockets currently have to adjust to LeBron.

Boston: See Houston. Honestly, if I am Boston and Ainge I rely on my success and future around Stevens as the coach. We all know what LeBron can do to coaches and I think Boston is just fine without LeBron James. Also would Kyrie want him to come to Boston? Nah.

Philly: Makes the most sense. Ton of young talent and stars starting to grow. Seems like the perfect fit in this chapter of LeBron's career. He can be more of the mentor to the young Sixers and maybe finally get some rest during the season. Be a leader and get the 76ers to the post season and come Playoffs start to put in your minutes. Philly is talented and will be a force to be reckoned with in the East for years to come, LeBron can help accelerate this young teams success.

Miami: I wouldn't rule it out. We all thought he burned the bridge with Cleveland when he left, but in the end winning and money can rebuild bridges fast. Riley I am sure would welcome LeBron back to reunite with Wade and co, to try and get one more run at a title. No idea of Miami's cap room, but if they can afford LeBron bring him back and try to recruit a couple all-stars or make some trades to bring them to Miami. Easy place to give a sales pitch.

Golden State: Game over.

No Lakers? Rumors have it they're one of the favorites to land him, but you include Boston?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're overrating Philly as a destination a bit. This was a historically weak year for the Eastern Conference. If he goes there I think more than a few guys are getting traded. It makes the most sense if he wants to stay in the EC, but there are more competitive situations for him out West. He openly complained about a lack of playmakers. I wouldn't count Houston out of the conversation.

I don't think Simmons, Embiid and LeBron at your core beats the Warriors right now. Maybe a few years down the line.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're overrating Philly as a destination a bit. This was a historically weak year for the Eastern Conference. If he goes there I think more than a few guys are getting traded. It makes the most sense if he wants to stay in the EC, but there are more competitive situations for him out West. He openly complained about a lack of playmakers. I wouldn't count Houston out of the conversation.

I don't think Simmons, Embiid and LeBron at your core beats the Warriors right now. Maybe a few years down the line.

But few years down the road LeBron won't be the same LeBron we have seen. Guy will be in his upper 30's at that point.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to the Lakers.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers have anyone on their roster that interests LeBron. Plus, and I am being serious here, I don't think LeBron wants to deal with Ball's dad and all that spotlight that comes with it. LA is huge, but I don't think it's big enough for Ball's dads ego and LeBron's.

OregonDucks

Oregon Is Faster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is funny to think people still, after the last 8 finals consisting of a team LeBron is on, and the last 4 finals consisting of the Warriors and no signs of slowing down, that just maybe there is hope the next few NBA seasons won't be a Warriors/LeBron finals.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not leaving the East. That's one guarantee.

Miami should be one of the favorites.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep.

But Miami is flat broke with bad contracts. But watch Pat Riley work. Gonna be another shocker.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sizers have better odds of winning it all next season than Boston does at 3rd best. Hmmm, I wonder why that is....

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think the Lakers have anyone on their roster that interests LeBron.

The Lakers have cap space for 2 max guys. They could sign Lebron and another top level player like Paul George or CP3.

They actually could even sign 2 max guys plus put together a trade for another max guy or at least a 2nd tier level player. They are about the only team that could do all of that.

Additionally, Lebron is said to like the Lakers young guys (who knows what that means though).

None of that says he is definitely coming to the Lakers of course. But they are actually considered one of the favorites to get him and are said to have a better chance than at least 3 of the teams you mentioned.

Plus, and I am being serious here, I don't think LeBron wants to deal with Ball's dad and all that spotlight that comes with it. LA is huge, but I don't think it's big enough for Ball's dads ego and LeBron's.

The only one's interested or concerned about Lavar Ball are some members of the media and people on message boards...and even the media is starting to lose interest in him.

No one in the NBA gives him a second thought anymore.

Plus, the Lakers appear to have figured out how to shut him up.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's going to Seattle. Adam Silver is gonna grant him his own personal expansion team

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting thing I read (or heard, can't remember):

NBA HOF players go through three stages in their career nowadays:

Stage 1: Establish yourself as a great player - try to score as much as you can, pad your stats, aim for ROY, NBA All-Star games etc. Basically get noticed as a young guy

Stage 2: Win Championships. Get that bling

Stage 3: Focus on what comes AFTER the NBA; on the business end of things.

Where do people think lebron is in his career. And what team would be the best option for that without taking a pay cut?