• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does LeBron need to go to make 2018-2019 NBA season interesting?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right. The Sixers probably won't be any better next year and they were basically just as experienced in the playoffs as the Celtics.

Sure, 4 of the Sixers starting 5 players had ZERO playoff experience but that's irrelevant I'm sure.

I'm just saying, the Celtics and Sixers were at least comparable in experience. The Cavs had tons more than either of them.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, I think Mikal could be off the board when you pick this draft.

Think you guys would move up to get him or Porter?

If Colangelo was still running the show, maybe. But it's hard to imagine a new GM, or Brett Brown, being willing to make a big move with that pick.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm just saying, the Celtics and Sixers were at least comparable in experience. The Cavs had tons more than either of them.

The Celtics and Sixers were NOT really comparable in experience. The only key player on the Sixers with ANY playoff experience prior to this season was Reddick. Brown was in the playoffs last year. Rozier and Smart have been in the playoffs several times. The Celtics had one player with no playoff experience, Tatum.

The Celtics shot really well and Stevens did some great coaching to get wins from games they probably should have lost. If you think that definitively means that the Celtics are the better team next year then you and I see things differently.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If LeBron doesn't come, George will probably stay in OKC or he could end up choosing the Rockets.

Not sure I agree with this. Getting Lebron or any other max guy has never been presented as a prerequisite for George to go to the Lakers that I have ever seen.

In fact, when the rumors of him wanting to come to the Lakers first started, there was no speculation about anyone coming with him.

I agree that Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers by himself. Not convinced that George wouldn't.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Celtics and Sixers were NOT really comparable in experience. The only key player on the Sixers with ANY playoff experience prior to this season was Reddick. Brown was in the playoffs last year. Rozier and Smart have been in the playoffs several times. The Celtics had one player with no playoff experience, Tatum.

The Celtics shot really well and Stevens did some great coaching to get wins from games they probably should have lost. If you think that definitively means that the Celtics are the better team next year then you and I see things differently.

Fair enough. Now why would a guy who's been known to surround himself with veterans want to go to such an inexperienced team?

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I agree with this. Getting Lebron or any other max guy has never been presented as a prerequisite for George to go to the Lakers that I have ever seen.

In fact, when the rumors of him wanting to come to the Lakers first started, there was no speculation about anyone coming with him.

I agree that Lebron isn't coming to the Lakers by himself. Not convinced that George wouldn't.

Yeah, this is just my own speculation.

Paul has never given any indication that this is more than a two team race.

But, that was before the Rockets went thermonuclear..

I know he's intrigued by playing at home.

But, if the Rockets came calling and LeBron was not headed to tinsel town?

I don't know....

They have a easier path to George because I could see OKC having interest in both Ariza and Gordon.

jon2tanman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,129.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is one reason why people will never consider Lebron the GOAT. The top few players in the history of the NBA had long careers with 1 or 2 teams. Competition and rivalry was something that drove a player to be at his best.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. Now why would a guy who's been known to surround himself with veterans want to go to such an inexperienced team?

He's surrounded himself with talent. He went to a Cavs team that had a very young Kyrie and an assumption of bringing in Kevin Love who had never been in the playoffs.

If winning championships is his primary concern he is going to go to the team that he feels gives him the best chance of winning championships. It's that simple. Maybe that is the Sixers. Maybe it is the Spurs. Or Celtics. Or Rockets. Or Lakers.

There is no perfect fit for Lebron.

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's surrounded himself with talent. He went to a Cavs team that had a very young Kyrie and an assumption of bringing in Kevin Love who had never been in the playoffs.

If winning championships is his primary concern he is going to go to the team that he feels gives him the best chance of winning championships. It's that simple. Maybe that is the Sixers. Maybe it is the Spurs. Or Celtics. Or Rockets. Or Lakers.

There is no perfect fit for Lebron.

The majority of players on LeBron teams are vets. He sent Wiggins packing right after being chosen #1 in the draft. Wiggins was supposed to be the next face of the Cavs.

Well, it's not the Sixers in my opinion. I started off saying maybe in a few years they could compete for a championship and you essentially agreed with me by saying they were too young and inexperienced to get past an injured Celtics team. Apparently that's just this year though, next year they could definitely win it all.

The Celtics had injuries, the Cavs were weaker than previous years, the Raptors have yet to perform in the playoffs/against LeBron, Philly is young, the rest probably wouldn't even make it in the West. What about this year's EC made you feel like it wasn't weak?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The majority of players on LeBron teams are vets. He sent Wiggins packing right after being chosen #1 in the draft. Wiggins was supposed to be the next face of the Cavs.

Yeah. Lebron didn't want to teach a kid who never played in the NBA how to play. That isn't the same situation.

Well, it's not the Sixers in my opinion. I started off saying maybe in a few years they could compete for a championship and you essentially agreed with me by saying they were too young and inexperienced to get past an injured Celtics team. Apparently that's just this year though, next year they could definitely win it all.

Well if they get Lebron they could certainly challenge for a title. I don't think I'm going out on a limb by saying that. In fact I doubt you would find too many people that would disagree with that.

The Celtics had injuries, the Cavs were weaker than previous years, the Raptors have yet to perform in the playoffs/against LeBron, Philly is young, the rest probably wouldn't even make it in the West. What about this year's EC made you feel like it wasn't weak?

You said that this year's East was historically weak. I asked how it was notably weaker than the East the year before. Or the year before that?

If Lebron stays in the East he will have an easier time getting to the finals. Going to Philly or Boston gives him the best chance in the East. That's how this conversation started. I asked what other teams would offer Lebron a better chance outside of the Rockets. You said, the Spurs. Which may be the case but there are certainly plenty of questions with that team as well.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, this is just my own speculation.

Paul has never given any indication that this is more than a two team race.

But, that was before the Rockets went thermonuclear..

I know he's intrigued by playing at home.

But, if the Rockets came calling and LeBron was not headed to tinsel town?

I don't know....

They have a easier path to George because I could see OKC having interest in both Ariza and Gordon.

Yeah, the Rockets could be interesting. The one thing I could see that he might not like is that he just spent a season playing with 2 ball dominant players that didn't turn out too well.

But, Harden and CP3 seemed to work pretty well, so he may decide it's a better situation than he had in OKC based on how far they were able to go in the playoffs.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This thread is one reason why people will never consider Lebron the GOAT. The top few players in the history of the NBA had long careers with 1 or 2 teams. Competition and rivalry was something that drove a player to be at his best.

The majority of top players in NBA history didn't have the freedom to move to other teams that players do today. So we really have no idea what they would have done if they did.

Folks, including the players themselves, like to say that they weren't looking to join forces, they were looking to beat each other. But one has to wonder whether Magic, Bird, MJ, etc. would have joined forces like players do today if they had the freedom to do so.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that this year's East was historically weak. I asked how it was notably weaker than the East the year before. Or the year before that?

So it's been historically weak for a few years then.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it's been historically weak for a few years then.

Sure. I wasn't arguing that it was good. I was trying to understand why LAST year was so notably different than previous years.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Lebron stays in the East he will have an easier time getting to the finals. Going to Philly or Boston gives him the best chance in the East. That's how this conversation started. I asked what other teams would offer Lebron a better chance outside of the Rockets. You said, the Spurs. Which may be the case but there are certainly plenty of question with that team as well.

He definitely would have an easier path if he stayed in the East. The question is...is there a team in the East where he can not only make the finals, but also beat the Warriors?

If he goes to Philly, he's at least getting to the ECF, imo. This is where I actually hope he goes if he doesn't choose the Lakers. Not only would it revive the Sixers/Celtics rivalry, but you'd have the Lebron vs. Kyrie storyline as well.

If he goes to Boston, what do they do with Kyrie? I think Lebron on that team probably has the best shot at taking down the Warriors if they don't have to give up much beyond Kyrie. It would be kind of funny to see Kyrie traded from the team he went to get away from Lebron...only to get traded again because Lebron is coming to his new team. lol

I just don't see things working in Houston. Not saying he won't go there. I just don't see it working. With his injuries, CP3 is basically D-Wade the last couple of years in Miami. His injuries were part of why Lebron left. Plus, they are all 3 ball dominant...who's giving up the ball?

The Spurs are also very interesting. LA, Kawhi and Lebron could make for a helluva big 3 and could be a real threat to the Warriors. But what are Pop/the Spurs FO going to say when Lebron starts his drama?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You're skipping over some guys missing from that Celtics playoff run. All-star caliber players.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely would have an easier path if he stayed in the East. The question is...is there a team in the East where he can not only make the finals, but also beat the Warriors?

If he goes to Philly, he's at least getting to the ECF, imo. This is where I actually hope he goes if he doesn't choose the Lakers. Not only would it revive the Sixers/Celtics rivalry, but you'd have the Lebron vs. Kyrie storyline as well.

If he goes to Boston, what do they do with Kyrie? I think Lebron on that team probably has the best shot at taking down the Warriors if they don't have to give up much beyond Kyrie. It would be kind of funny to see Kyrie traded from the team he went to get away from Lebron...only to get traded again because Lebron is coming to his new team. lol

I just don't see things working in Houston. Not saying he won't go there. I just don't see it working. With his injuries, CP3 is basically D-Wade the last couple of years in Miami. His injuries were part of why Lebron left. Plus, they are all 3 ball dominant...who's giving up the ball?

The Spurs are also very interesting. LA, Kawhi and Lebron could make for a helluva big 3 and could be a real threat to the Warriors. But what are Pop/the Spurs FO going to say when Lebron starts his drama?

How are the Spurs going to clear cap space for $35M or so? Or, what do they have to complete a trade without touching that 3 player core?

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are the Spurs going to clear cap space for $35M or so? Or, what do they have to complete a trade without touching that 3 player core?

I remember seeing an article where they showed a way that it could be done.

Unless I'm mixing up articles. I believe they can get to $22 million if they move Gasol and then would have to get rid of some expiring deals.

Not sure how accurate that is, but I remember seeing that it didn't seem as difficult as I'd have thought.