• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Where does LeBron need to go to make 2018-2019 NBA season interesting?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He definitely would have an easier path if he stayed in the East. The question is...is there a team in the East where he can not only make the finals, but also beat the Warriors?

If he goes to Philly, he's at least getting to the ECF, imo. This is where I actually hope he goes if he doesn't choose the Lakers. Not only would it revive the Sixers/Celtics rivalry, but you'd have the Lebron vs. Kyrie storyline as well.

If he goes to Boston, what do they do with Kyrie? I think Lebron on that team probably has the best shot at taking down the Warriors if they don't have to give up much beyond Kyrie. It would be kind of funny to see Kyrie traded from the team he went to get away from Lebron...only to get traded again because Lebron is coming to his new team. lol

I just don't see things working in Houston. Not saying he won't go there. I just don't see it working. With his injuries, CP3 is basically D-Wade the last couple of years in Miami. His injuries were part of why Lebron left. Plus, they are all 3 ball dominant...who's giving up the ball?

The Spurs are also very interesting. LA, Kawhi and Lebron could make for a helluva big 3 and could be a real threat to the Warriors. But what are Pop/the Spurs FO going to say when Lebron starts his drama?

I've stated all along SA is his best destination but not sure they can swing signing him or trade for him. And SA is kind of a small market for him, even if they are winning franchise.

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would he go to Miami?

Miami may not have enough to get by Boston with LBJ and defintely aren't beating GS.

I disagree. Miami's role players + LeBron is enough to beat the Celtics. I agree about GS though.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've stated all along SA is his best destination but not sure they can swing signing him or trade for him. And SA is kind of a small market for him, even if they are winning franchise.

Yeah, basketball wise...they are probably the best fit for him. Everything else wise...not so much.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember seeing an article where they showed a way that it could be done.

Unless I'm mixing up articles. I believe they can get to $22 million if they move Gasol and then would have to get rid of some expiring deals.

Not sure how accurate that is, but I remember seeing that it didn't seem as difficult as I'd have thought.

Moving Gasol won't be easy since he makes 16 million and he's done.

San Antonio Spurs Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

If they trade Gasol and got like a 2nd rounder in return, they'd have 27 million since the salary cap is 110 million next season.

They'd need to unload at the very least.....another 8 million somewhere. Gay only makes about 8 million, they could trade him easily.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree. Miami's role players + LeBron is enough to beat the Celtics. I agree about GS though.

I don't hate your roster, but I think you're overvaluing it. Even with Lebron, I don't see you guys beating a healthy Celtics. As a Lakers fan, I hate saying I don't see someone beating the Celtics, but I just don't.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broussard thinks James could very well go to the Lakers....thinks they should try and sign CP and James and then trade for PG.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LeBron should consider Denver. Maybe the altitude will slow his hair loss down?:noidea:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called in sick today......

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving Gasol won't be easy since he makes 16 million and he's done.

San Antonio Spurs Team Payroll | Basketball-Reference.com

If they trade Gasol and got like a 2nd rounder in return, they'd have 27 million since the salary cap is 110 million next season.

They'd need to unload at the very least.....another 8 million somewhere. Gay only makes about 8 million, they could trade him easily.

Cap next season hasn't increased; it's still 101M.

2018-19 NBA Salary Cap To Stay Same As Preseason Projections, Lakers Project To Have Most Cap Room To Sign Free Agents - Lakers Nation

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If To***to hadn't gone and fired the NBA Coach of the Year, I would suggest them as a likely alternative. And if Philly wasn't such as front office circus, I would suggest them. I just don't see him going West unless if's to a team that can clearly beat GSW with him as another weapon.

Pretty much means Houston to me although I wouldn't dismiss SAS. The lure of playing for Pop has to have some appeal.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Called in sick today......

giphy.gif

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm going to assume you didn't bother to watch his post game press conference.

It doesn't matter what stage we think he's in.

He has made his thoughts on the subject pretty clear...

"I still have so much to give to the game," James said. "Like I said, when you have a goal and you're able to accomplish that goal, it actually, for me personally, it made me even hungrier to continue to try to win championships, and I still want to be in championship mode."

I actually didn't watch his post game press conference TBH