• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What Happens If Steve Nash Retires?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about go fuck yourself?

I think everyone, based on their answers thought you were asking what I thought.

Why not just a ask a general question asking how does the salary cap work if/when a player retires instead of naming Nash?

Better yet, why not do a 1 minute google search?

:L Everybody understood the question. Maybe you are just that stupid.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
False. The money is in the bank whether he is healthy enough to play or not. If Nash and the doctors feel that by playing he risks his long term health, he doesn't play. HE STILL GETS PAID!

This isn't an opinion. It is a fact. I love debating different points of view but in this case, you are missing the facts.

Not necessarily - according to the CBA-if the doctors rule that he can play, but that it's a risk to his long term risk - then Nas has to decide if to play or not - the Lakers can then file a protest and demand that he plays - if Nash decides to retire, but collect the money -then they would have to discuss a buyout. First Nash has to decide what to do - if he says he will play if able, then it's up to the doctor to clear him - in that case he gets paid as long as Nash wants to play, but isn't cleared by the doctor

If the Doctors clear Nash, then Nash says he won't play - then the Lakers can file a protest as I said and it is not automatic that he gets paid. I read the article on the link - I suggest you read it - It is quite informative

I do agree, however that it is more likely that Nash will atleast pretend to play so that he can collect that 9 million.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I thought it was a very simple hypothetical question - If Nash retires - what happens to the 9.0 million contract. Botslayer answered the question. I am always amazed at what some of them try to read into a simple question. I know I shouldn't be but..........

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you say so, but if he was just seeking a simple rules answer vs opinion, why not do a google search?
It would have been much easier, faster, then creating a thread here.

He basically was so dumb/ lazy that he needed Bot to do it for him:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was a very simple hypothetical question - If Nash retires - what happens to the 9.0 million contract. Botslayer answered the question. I am always amazed at what some of them try to read into a simple question. I know I shouldn't be but..........

Yet it's turned into 3 pages of opinion, lead by you telling us about Nash's long term health repercussions.:wtf2:

Sorry. You were fishing for opinions.
No other reason to start a thread to just find out a rule, when that could have been accomplished in less than a minute.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you say so, but if he was just seeking a simple rules answer vs opinion, why not do a google search?

I dont care about how this thread turned out, the point is, that you didn't understand a simple question that everybody else understood.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont care about how this thread turned out, the point is, that you didn't understand a simple question that everybody else understood.

Some of you Laker fans are getting beyond desperate.

Read post 7, which was before mine.
Trojan started the conversation about him not going retire, instead of addressing the rule.
That was immediately followed by a counter opinion from TLF.

At that point why didn't TLF just say his questioned was already answered by Bot?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of you Laker fans are getting beyond desperate.

Read post 7, which was before mine.
Trojan started the conversation about him not going retire, instead of addressing the rule.
That was immediately followed by a counter opinion from TLF.

At that point why didn't TLF just say his questioned was already answered by Bot?

Dude - everyone in here understood the question except for you. Everyone in here already knows that Nash wants to play next season and intends to because he wants the money. It was a hypothetical question what if Nash were to retire. Having a classic example of a player that could retired(but probably won't as we already know) helps to understand both the question and the rule behind the question.

So why are you still whining like a two year old?
:noidea:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because sometimes there are others in here who are considerably smarter than you that can give me the link in minutes without having to go through multiple sites and it gives everyone a chance to discuss it. I am sorry that you're so stupid that you don't understand the concept of a message board, but why do you come here if discussion about basketball bothers you that much.

But before you answer that question - let me explain why you come here - YOU'RE A TROLL:laugh3:

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude - everyone in here understood the question except for you. Everyone in here already knows that Nash wants to play next season and intends to because he wants the money. It was a hypothetical question what if Nash were to retire. Having a classic example of a player that could retired(but probably won't as we already know) helps to understand both the question and the rule behind the question.

So why are you still whining like a two year old?
:noidea:

You were the one whining.
All I did was ask you if you knew he wasn't not banking the 9M no matter what?

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God bless TurnuptheHeat and his thinking.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because sometimes there are others in here who are considerably smarter than you that can give me the link in minutes without having to go through multiple sites and it gives everyone a chance to discuss it. I am sorry that you're so stupid that you don't understand the concept of a message board, but why do you come here if discussion about basketball bothers you that much.

But before you answer that question - let me explain why you come here - YOU'RE A TROLL:laugh3:

Smarter than me? You're the dumb fuck who says he can't find a link.

As far as discussion, you said you weren't looking for that.
You just wanted to have someone find the link with the rule because you aren't savvy enough to do a google search.

You are smart enough to know that Nash could cripple himself for life if he plays next year :L

Please, just like in every other argument, you should just STFU already.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were the one whining.
All I did was ask you if you knew he wasn't not banking the 9M no matter what?

It was clear that he knew that. He even mentioned it the post before yours. You weren't smart enough to see that. Then you thought nobody else understood his question, when in fact, everybody did. Why do you push yourself into a corner with every argument you have on here?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God bless TurnuptheHeat and his thinking.

Nothing in my post offered anything to think about.
He said he wanted the 9M, regardless of being worth probably nothing.

Be glad u can just eat all of his salary in one year vs 3.

Then, after the following season when u can use Kobe's cash,
you might be able to start rebuilding a roster.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was clear that he knew that. He even mentioned it the post before yours. You weren't smart enough to see that. Then you thought nobody else understood his question, when in fact, everybody did. Why do you push yourself into a corner with every argument you have on here?

You better go back and read post 7.
My post was after that one, and based on it.

Lakers+USC=#1

Fuck CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

:L Dude, your first post was quoting TLF's question. You then went on to explain what Nash quoted last week and try to be a smartass, asking TLF did he miss that. TLF even made it clear, a post before yours, that he knew what Nash said. He was asking a hypothetical question about if Nash would retire. Everybody understood this thread but you.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th

:whistle:

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L Dude, your first post was quoting TLF's question. You then went on to explain what Nash quoted last week and try to be a smartass, asking TLF did he miss that. TLF even made it clear, a post before yours, that he knew what Nash said. He was asking a hypothetical question about if Nash would retire. Everybody understood this thread but you.

Sometimes - you just can't fix stupid and Turnip brain I'm afraid is one of those times

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I am understanding that is if Nash were to retire and forego the entire last year of his salary - then it would come off the books, but as the article says - then they can negotiate a buyout

For example if Nash agreed to a buy out of 6.3 million -then the Lakers would waive him and the 6.3 gets divided by three over the next three years. From what I have heard from nash, however I think the Lakers are screwed for that money - Nash intends to stay and collect

Hey Turnip Ass - read what I said before you started with your ignorant questions - I acknowledged from the beginning that Nash wasn't quitting. In my opinion the only way that happens is if Nash tries to play and gets hurt every time he tries and it becomes blatantly obvious that he simply can't - then I think it's possible that he will walk away - especially if he was to get other offers that would replace a portion of what he walks away from.

Granted Turnip never learned to speak hypothetical - but good God what a dumb ass:L