• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Wilson has done what other QBs would not be able to do:

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And that is make us daydream about the likes of Trevor Siemian, Paxton Lynch, Drew Lock, and Teddy Bridgewater.

Seriously, I don't look at this man and think "he's the problem." Wilson is not THE problem. But he's also not the solution, and that's the problem. Wilson's salary is what you pay a guy who is the solution. Wilson himself may not be the problem but he's not the solution. He's not elevating this team and his absurd salary says he should be.

I don't get too into the contract implications. I was excited about the trade when they made it, but I wasn't on board when they extended him before he played a snap with them.

At this point I've seen enough, so if any contract/cap nerds can enlighten me if there's any way out for the Broncos without eating a lottery size dead cap hit, please, fire away. I'm hopeful we can move forward after 2023. At this rate we will be in a prime position to do so, draft-wise.

• Bullseye
Reactions: LGM

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has played much better this year. Not a great game last night but his previous 5 were way better. I do feel he is beatdown and confidence shaken though with coaches, media, fans, former teammates bashing the guy like no other over the past year.. It has done a number on his mental health, IMO.... He doesn't seem like he is having fun but he is playing better.

You forgot to mention Joe Flacco and Case Keenum too. ;)

Biggest problem for Wilson this year is he hasn't been clutch while playing better.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson has played much better this year. Not a great game last night but his previous 5 were way better. I do feel he is beatdown and confidence shaken though with coaches, media, fans, former teammates bashing the guy like no other over the past year.. It has done a number on his mental health, IMO.... He doesn't seem like he is having fun but he is playing better.

You forgot to mention Joe Flacco and Case Keenum too. ;)

Biggest problem for Wilson this year is he hasn't been clutch while playing better.
Naw...Not even the 2022 and 2023 RW can make me miss those guys. :heh::D

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you are seeing with him is decent play not winning playing

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost all these games for a reason and no Wilson is not the man reason ...but at this point no reason to try an fix it . vance should stay tell 10 minuets after the last of the season

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We lost all these games for a reason and no Wilson is not the man reason ...but at this point no reason to try an fix it . vance should stay tell 10 minuets after the last of the season
So we lost those games and Wilson was not the main reason.

But...

His contract is the reason we should be winning those games. He's being paid to be a difference maker. He isn't. So even when he's not the problem he's the problem.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Wilson had his shit together Jerry Judy would not be acting like a scorn toddler

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chears brother. A round of drinks for the broken man.
We're in this together, my friend. If it makes you feel better, some of us Broncos fans wanted Kirk Cousins a couple years ago!

:D:L

Football is a weird sport.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But...

But...

His contract is the reason we should be winning those games. He's being paid to be a difference maker. He isn't. So even when he's not the problem he's the problem.
His contract was for what he did in Seattle he is not adjusting for blitzs and not throwing contested passes or throwing the WR's open .

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
His contract was for what he did in Seattle he is not adjusting for blitzs and not throwing contested passes or throwing the WR's open .
Which is what the Broncos are paying him to do.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But...

Nailed it.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't the reason you guys allowed 70 to Miami.

And before you say they didn't score a lot vs KC....it's all about matchups. And the KC DL controlled the LOS.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Denver OL isn't very good and JJ was MIA.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wasn't the reason you guys allowed 70 to Miami.

And before you say they didn't score a lot vs KC....it's all about matchups. And the KC DL controlled the LOS.

Yes.

Wilson is playing much better this year like mentioned. I think the frustration people have with him this year is for what we gave up and what we paid him we can't really rely on him to "win" us games either. I'm not one to sit here and say a QB solely wins or loses you games but for what we invested we still expected better. Wilson has been better he isn't the reason we are 1-5 but it would also be nice to see him step up in those clutch moments to lead us to victory. The Commanders and Jets game he was the opposite of clutch when we needed him. He had his opportunity and wet the bed.

I am much much happier with Wilson this year but it still isn't exactly what we spent on him when we acquired him. Improvement is great but I can see where people have their doubts he will ever be the Russ we had hoped for.

As I said earlier.. I think mentally the guy is beat down. He's been the brunt of jokes in media, former players, current players, fans, coaches... For a guy who has really been a pretty good guy he has really been torn down as a person. Everyone is laughing. Imagine Russell mentally right now. I like how he went out in the offseason and got himself in the best shape of his life. He could have said screw it but you can tell it means something to him. He went out and worked his tail of this offseason but everytime something goes wrong he is the one people are pointing a finger at. It comes with the QB position but he is mentally broken. He isn't having fun out there. He is being nitpicked. He isn't the same Russ but he is way better then what we have had... Now he has such a spotlight on him that he can't make a mistake without people laughing or poking at him.

Imagine the adversity of going through what Russ goes through? It would be tough.