• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How serious are the Osweiler to the Texans rumors?

From what I can tell (follow reporters for both teams on twitter) it is pretty serious. I mean they did just make the playoffs with terrible QB play so even getting an average QB could make that a dark horse team with the defense they have. Throw in not like the cream of the crop QB's in the draft will be available when they pick in the 1st.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just heard they are talking right now.. Osweiler is a big fish FA dude.. And i think teams would rather have him than some draft pick.. You guys can afford to take a hit in FA cuz you have a great core, but man losing Osweiler would be a blow to you guys imho..

To me depends who we bring in. Rumor right now is Kaepernick is the Bronc's back up plan. I know he has struggled the last couple of years but the 49ers have also been probably the most unstable team in the entire NFL during that time. He also fits athleticism wise what Kubiak loves to do on offense. Honestly at this point I could be happy with either. Kaepernick is cheaper and would be on a prove it style contract so they could get out if it didn't work well plus would get a 3rd round comp pick for Osweiler signing such a huge deal elsewhere. I view it as win/win either way but hey I am always an optimist when it comes to the Broncos and the decisions Elway makes.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Idaho just keep in mind with all the signings that rarely does the team that "wins" FA actually go on and have a great season. Spending big seems to backfire in the NFL. Broncos are the only team to have won the Super Bowl in the last 15 years with 50% of their cap going to FA players they brought in.
It's not about winning FA dude.. It's about getting FA that fit the system teams run.. Teams like Philly and us in the past, etc, just went and got the big name that didn't fit, but made the fan base happy.. Look at our FAs last year, they fit our team, and when that happens they impact the team..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about winning FA dude.. It's about getting FA that fit the system teams run.. Teams like Philly and us in the past, etc, just went and got the big name that didn't fit, but made the fan base happy.. Look at our FAs last year, they fit our team, and when that happens they impact the team..

Oh I agree it is more about fit. I just know you wrote earlier that the Raiders got 2 of the top 5 FA's. Well that doesn't mean much until we see them actually playing for the Raiders. I mean I do like the Ose signing for the OL but he does have very little starting experience at the LT spot. He played a lot more guard so far in his NFL career. So while he had some success at the LT spot in his few starts teams still don't have a great scouting report on him at the spot so we just need to wait and see if he can hold up long-term at the spot. Same with the Broncos and Osweiler and why I am hoping they don't overpay or commit long-term. He has shown promise in what he has done but still very few starts and teams are still gathering game tape on him.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me depends who we bring in. Rumor right now is Kaepernick is the Bronc's back up plan. I know he has struggled the last couple of years but the 49ers have also been probably the most unstable team in the entire NFL during that time. He also fits athleticism wise what Kubiak loves to do on offense. Honestly at this point I could be happy with either. Kaepernick is cheaper and would be on a prove it style contract so they could get out if it didn't work well plus would get a 3rd round comp pick for Osweiler signing such a huge deal elsewhere. I view it as win/win either way but hey I am always an optimist when it comes to the Broncos and the decisions Elway makes.
Kap eh?? Dude has played in some big games in his career..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap eh?? Dude has played in some big games in his career..

Yup he does have Super Bowl experience and like I said is a good fit in what Kubiak likes to do with his offense. So I could see the upside if he came to Denver. Just have to wait and see. Most likely though we are still keeping Osweiler and I will be happy with that too and glad to see what our investment in drafting him 4 years ago looks like.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I agree it is more about fit. I just know you wrote earlier that the Raiders got 2 of the top 5 FA's. Well that doesn't mean much until we see them actually playing for the Raiders. I mean I do like the Ose signing for the OL but he does have very little starting experience at the LT spot. He played a lot more guard so far in his NFL career. So while he had some success at the LT spot in his few starts teams still don't have a great scouting report on him at the spot so we just need to wait and see if he can hold up long-term at the spot. Same with the Broncos and Osweiler and why I am hoping they don't overpay or commit long-term. He has shown promise in what he has done but still very few starts and teams are still gathering game tape on him.
Yeah i said 2 of the top FAs but i meant it more as system fits that just happened to be ranked in the top 5..
Osemele is going to be real good man, everybody wanted him.. Heck we got into a bidding war over him, and notice he was our first target, not Malik or other players, but Osemele.. Says a lot man..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup he does have Super Bowl experience and like I said is a good fit in what Kubiak likes to do with his offense. So I could see the upside if he came to Denver. Just have to wait and see. Most likely though we are still keeping Osweiler and I will be happy with that too and glad to see what our investment in drafting him 4 years ago looks like.
Kap can be good in the right system imo.. But Osweiler would be my guy if i were Elway..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i said 2 of the top FAs but i meant it more as system fits that just happened to be ranked in the top 5..
Osemele is going to be real good man, everybody wanted him.. Heck we got into a bidding war over him, and notice he was our first target, not Malik or other players, but Osemele.. Says a lot man..

Not completely disagreeing with you on him. I do think he will pan out for you guys. AT the same time a big part of that signing is in what you think he will more so than what he has for sure proven. Again I think he will live up to the billing but we have seen players look really good for a bit then when teams get film on the player start seeing some tendencies and figuring out how to beat them. Switching from LG to LT is a pretty big jump in style of play and what you need to do.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap can be good in the right system imo.. But Osweiler would be my guy if i were Elway..

I think Elway wants Osweiler back. The biggest thing though is that it has to be at the right price. Elway is not going to jump through hoops to keep a player. It is why negotiations until today stalled after the combine because Elway put his foot down and said this is what we will pay you take it or leave it. Osweiler's side is trying to play chicken with Elway and well so far Elway has not blinked during his time as GM.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freakin KC putting up a fight with us over Smith!! I don't blame them, he is good and their starter..

We get him? Or just interested him? That would be a nice #1 CB to have. Carrie is a solid #2 CB and Amerson showed flashes as well (4 INT's).

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Elway wants Osweiler back. The biggest thing though is that it has to be at the right price. Elway is not going to jump through hoops to keep a player. It is why negotiations until today stalled after the combine because Elway put his foot down and said this is what we will pay you take it or leave it. Osweiler's side is trying to play chicken with Elway and well so far Elway has not blinked during his time as GM.

It's a risky game to play when Manning just retired and you could lose him to Houston if they overpay him.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaep wouldn't be a bad backup plan at all in Denver.....with their defense and a solid running game.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a risky game to play when Manning just retired and you could lose him to Houston if they overpay him.

It is for sure. Still the quickest way to destroy your team is have a ton of bad contracts on the books and make it impossible to build a great team. We see about half the teams in the league with terrible QB contracts and they continue to be stuck in mediocrity. I think there is something like 17 QB's in the league making $17 million or more a year. Only 5 of those QB's make the playoffs this past season.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is for sure. Still the quickest way to destroy your team is have a ton of bad contracts on the books and make it impossible to build a great team. We see about half the teams in the league with terrible QB contracts and they continue to be stuck in mediocrity. I think there is something like 17 QB's in the league making $17 million or more a year. Only 5 of those QB's make the playoffs this past season.

Good point.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get him? Or just interested him? That would be a nice #1 CB to have. Carrie is a solid #2 CB and Amerson showed flashes as well (4 INT's).
Those are the rumors from the world wide web.. It's a bidding war for him now, whoever pays more gets him.. And KC is not going down without a fight..

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,756.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are the rumors from the world wide web.. It's a bidding war for him now, whoever pays more gets him.. And KC is not going down without a fight..

We had around 60 million to spend....we spent on the 2 we got but we still have a lot to spend....I'd say max at 14-15 million per season.....we still have other needs.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had around 60 million to spend....we spent on the 2 we got but we still have a lot to spend....I'd say max at 14-15 million per season.....we still have other needs.
I do think he is high on our list of must have type player.. Smith is real good, and would fit right in perfectly!!
We would have some bigazz Corners if we add him to our team.. We will know here real soon..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oak and KC really fighting over Smith.. Come join the DarkSide Smith!!