• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A little bit of this and a little bit of that, and we set baby!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These are some FAs i would like Reggie to go get..
Olivier Vernon, Malik Jackson, llloka, Gipson, either of the Rams FA Corners, Marvin Jones, etc, etc.. Pretty good FA class this year.. Alot of these guys will get resigned, tagged or whatever.. But there will be plenty of talent left for the pickings.. It's not always about the big name, but about the players that fit the system teams want to run..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Long cut from the Rams eh.. I would pick him up!! The offseason starting to heat up.. Im down with it..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an easier question would be what do the Raiders not need? :heh:

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think an easier question would be what do the Raiders not need? :heh:
I knew you would post that lol.. Dude we don't need as much as you think.. Word has it, Malik walking?? Hmmm could the RAIDERS be in Malik Jacksons future?? Maybe!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew you would post that lol.. Dude we don't need as much as you think.. Word has it, Malik walking?? Hmmm could the RAIDERS be in Malik Jacksons future?? Maybe!!

Well here is my opinion for the Raiders...

QB--obviously set at the starter
HB--Murray has shown flashes but has an injury history and seems very hot and cold. Could use a guy to split carries with him
WR--Top-2 options look good but could use some depth
LT--Don't have a clear starter. Either need to sign Penn again or find another option
LG--Set
C--Set
RG--Upgrade could be needed
RT--Depends on Watson coming back
TE--Looks good with Rivera and Walford showing good potential

RE--All depends on Edwards and his recovery from his injury. From the sound of it much more serious than first thought.
NT--Ellis looks good but could use better depth
DT--Williams good and Orr decent back up
RE--Obviously set with Mack

SLB--Could use an upgrade
MLB--looks pretty set
WLB looks set

Cornerback--Could use some major depth and an upgrade at one of the starter spots. Probably weakest position in my opinion
Safety--With Woodson retiring could definitely use an upgrade as well.

Special Teams looks good.

So yeah not as many holes as some teams have but there is still plenty of work to do this off season. They have the money to do it just fine. Just a matter of how do the draft classes continue to grow and can they find the right fits in FA?

As for Malik yeah looking liking money will take him away from the Broncos. He is wanting to be the 2nd highest paid 3-4 DE in the league only behind JJ Watt. You guys don't play a 3-4 but he does have experience in the 4-3. Just a matter of do you think it is worth paying him something like $13-14 million a year? To me that is overpaying for his services. He is a great player but not elite. Benefited from being surrounded by a lot of talent in Denver and getting a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities. I don't think he would ever quite live up to the contract. Again a good player just not elite in my book and you only pay that kind of money for elite talent.

Rockinkuwait

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line I think is really good if they re-sign their FA guys.

Offensively another RB (come cheap usually, good names out there) and depth is really the only holes I see.

D... I think the above post hit the nail on the head. DB's (ALL OF THEM), Sam LB, D-line depth.

The positive is they have the picks and especially the money to make things happen.

I think this division really could be wide open. Denver has a lot of guys to work at re-signing/replacing and Brock is an unknown if they sign him. KC I like, but hard to be sold on that team. SD needs a lot of help. I wouldn't pick them to win the division, but it wouldn't be an overly big upset if they did, especially if Carr and the offense continues to improve at a high rate.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well here is my opinion for the Raiders...

QB--obviously set at the starter
HB--Murray has shown flashes but has an injury history and seems very hot and cold. Could use a guy to split carries with him
WR--Top-2 options look good but could use some depth
LT--Don't have a clear starter. Either need to sign Penn again or find another option
LG--Set
C--Set
RG--Upgrade could be needed
RT--Depends on Watson coming back
TE--Looks good with Rivera and Walford showing good potential

RE--All depends on Edwards and his recovery from his injury. From the sound of it much more serious than first thought.
NT--Ellis looks good but could use better depth
DT--Williams good and Orr decent back up
RE--Obviously set with Mack

SLB--Could use an upgrade
MLB--looks pretty set
WLB looks set

Cornerback--Could use some major depth and an upgrade at one of the starter spots. Probably weakest position in my opinion
Safety--With Woodson retiring could definitely use an upgrade as well.

Special Teams looks good.

So yeah not as many holes as some teams have but there is still plenty of work to do this off season. They have the money to do it just fine. Just a matter of how do the draft classes continue to grow and can they find the right fits in FA?

As for Malik yeah looking liking money will take him away from the Broncos. He is wanting to be the 2nd highest paid 3-4 DE in the league only behind JJ Watt. You guys don't play a 3-4 but he does have experience in the 4-3. Just a matter of do you think it is worth paying him something like $13-14 million a year? To me that is overpaying for his services. He is a great player but not elite. Benefited from being surrounded by a lot of talent in Denver and getting a lot of 1-on-1 opportunities. I don't think he would ever quite live up to the contract. Again a good player just not elite in my book and you only pay that kind of money for elite talent.
Good post dude!! Look for the RAIDERS to add a WR like say Marvin Jones, a S in the mold of Gipson, lloka, or mabe even Weddle, as well as depth through out the roster.. I will get in greater detail as we move along..

Oh Malik wanting that kind of money is sort of crazy, let's see what kind of figure comes out..
And as much as this pains me to say?? Congrats on the SB win!! We are now tied at 3!! And we have the makings of a good team.. 4 baby is the objective!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Line I think is really good if they re-sign their FA guys.

Offensively another RB (come cheap usually, good names out there) and depth is really the only holes I see.

D... I think the above post hit the nail on the head. DB's (ALL OF THEM), Sam LB, D-line depth.

The positive is they have the picks and especially the money to make things happen.

I think this division really could be wide open. Denver has a lot of guys to work at re-signing/replacing and Brock is an unknown if they sign him. KC I like, but hard to be sold on that team. SD needs a lot of help. I wouldn't pick them to win the division, but it wouldn't be an overly big upset if they did, especially if Carr and the offense continues to improve at a high rate.
Yeah we going heavy on DBs this year im thinking.. And i agree, the division is wide open for all 4 teams.. With of course my RAIDERS winning it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we will target DB, Pass Rush, WR, RB, and OL in FA and the draft..
There's some good players out there to be had in FA.. And the AFC West has some good ones to be had!!
Mostly on the D side of the ball though, and that's ok cuz our division has some of the best ones!!
Although Wilkerson would be a coup to get.. I don't think the Jets could keep him though, and they already drafted his replacement in Big Cat.. Wilkerson on our DL?? Dang!! But Malik Jackson or Vernon would be a coup as well..
Then we have Berry, Sean Smith from KC and Weddle from the Bolts to be had.. Hmmmm??

flaraider

The Real Deal
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think money is indeed an issue for MD and the team, which is clearly implied by our wealth of room under the cap. What has improved to a very manageable number is the dead money, not paying much for players no longer on team. How much we can afford to pay is the issue, so bang for the buck is important, maybe Billy Beane could come in and crunch the metrics for us.

I think most of us can look at our depth chart and easily see where there are needs, CD summed it up pretty well in that respect.

With the combine coming up it will be time for Reggie to sharpen his pencil and find some diamonds in the rough, again.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think money is indeed an issue for MD and the team, which is clearly implied by our wealth of room under the cap. What has improved to a very manageable number is the dead money, not paying much for players no longer on team. How much we can afford to pay is the issue, so bang for the buck is important, maybe Billy Beane could come in and crunch the metrics for us.

I think most of us can look at our depth chart and easily see where there are needs, CD summed it up pretty well in that respect.

With the combine coming up it will be time for Reggie to sharpen his pencil and find some diamonds in the rough, again.

Both of our teams understand the idea of working under a budget. Broncos have been fortunate that they have been a playoff caliber team because I do think it has helped in contracts where players haven't demanded the huge signing bonus type money as the Broncos cannot afford to put that kind of money aside. A lot of people don't know how contracts go in that it is not always a year to year business. Let's say you guys go sign Khalil Mack to a huge contract with $50 million guaranteed. Well on that day the Raiders have to put that $50 million into an account that they cannot touch even though half that money might not go to Mack until year-3 of the deal. So teams sometimes have to come up with a ton of money in a hurry and while that doesn't matter to the very cash loaded owners like in Seattle or Dallas it definitely matters to the Broncos and Raiders.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

With the combine coming up it will be time for Reggie to sharpen his pencil and find some diamonds in the rough, again.[/QUOTE
Hey FlaRaider.. We will get some FAs this year, and some pretty good ones.. We got this man..
Money will not be the problem..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both of our teams understand the idea of working under a budget. Broncos have been fortunate that they have been a playoff caliber team because I do think it has helped in contracts where players haven't demanded the huge signing bonus type money as the Broncos cannot afford to put that kind of money aside. A lot of people don't know how contracts go in that it is not always a year to year business. Let's say you guys go sign Khalil Mack to a huge contract with $50 million guaranteed. Well on that day the Raiders have to put that $50 million into an account that they cannot touch even though half that money might not go to Mack until year-3 of the deal. So teams sometimes have to come up with a ton of money in a hurry and while that doesn't matter to the very cash loaded owners like in Seattle or Dallas it definitely matters to the Broncos and Raiders.
Hey cd.. You guys giving Malik 5/50 or what.. I thinking it will cost at least 60 to pry him from you guys..
And im also waiting to see what Von Gets, as i think that will be Mack's starting price..
Money is not a problem man, teams keep players they want..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey cd.. You guys giving Malik 5/50 or what.. I thinking it will cost at least 60 to pry him from you guys..
And im also waiting to see what Von Gets, as i think that will be Mack's starting price..
Money is not a problem man, teams keep players they want..

Cap Space is rarely a problem. Cash Flow is. Our 2 owners are cash deficient compared to many owners in the league. Where they can put $100 million in a bank account somewhere no problem for future use like the league requires coming up with that actual cash for our owners is a bit tougher. Most of their value is more tied up in assets than in actual cash flow available. I can show you plenty of articles showing that.

As for Malik the Broncos are making a huge push to keep him from what I understand. They sat down with his agent today and both sides have said things look promising. The Broncos from the sound of it are sitting down with Ware's and Clady's agent tomorrow to discuss some restructuring of their contracts to help free up some cap space. The Broncos right now plan on having Malik and Osweiler for sure signed by next week and then Von at some point before July.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cap Space is rarely a problem. Cash Flow is. Our 2 owners are cash deficient compared to many owners in the league. Where they can put $100 million in a bank account somewhere no problem for future use like the league requires coming up with that actual cash for our owners is a bit tougher. Most of their value is more tied up in assets than in actual cash flow available. I can show you plenty of articles showing that.

As for Malik the Broncos are making a huge push to keep him from what I understand. They sat down with his agent today and both sides have said things look promising. The Broncos from the sound of it are sitting down with Ware's and Clady's agent tomorrow to discuss some restructuring of their contracts to help free up some cap space. The Broncos right now plan on having Malik and Osweiler for sure signed by next week and then Von at some point before July.
No need to show me any articles man.. There is an article out there for everything, just think of it and you will find it.. And i agree we ain't rich like other teams, but will keep Carr, Mack, etc.. Not trippin there man..

So, from what you say, Malik is pretty much a lock for you guys then eh?? Along with Ware!! Hmmmm
That's alot of Loot, in keeping Malik, Ware , and Osweiler along with some of your other guys..
Let's see what comes of it.. Gotta roll..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need to show me any articles man.. There is an article out there for everything, just think of it and you will find it.. And i agree we ain't rich like other teams, but will keep Carr, Mack, etc.. Not trippin there man..

So, from what you say, Malik is pretty much a lock for you guys then eh?? Along with Ware!! Hmmmm
That's alot of Loot, in keeping Malik, Ware , and Osweiler along with some of your other guys..
Let's see what comes of it.. Gotta roll..

Oh I am sure your team can come up with the money. I more meant it does make our teams a little more money conscious. It makes it where we form our contracts just a little different where we are not trying to have money put into a bank account that doesn't come out for 5 years. Instead we are looking more at a 2-3 year type period. Helps to keep the Cap in check though to not spend beyond your means.

As for locking all the guys up I'm not sure at this point. From what I have heard they are actually decently close to getting deals done with Von Miller and Malik Jackson. The one that could be on the way out is actually Osweiler. They have talked to his agent but doesn't sound like an offer has even been made at this point. Doesn't mean something can't get done but we shall see. I mentioned Ware and Clady because the Broncos are wanting them to take a cut/restructure to form more cap space so they can get these things done with these 3 main players. If they can get them to restructure then they should have the room to get things done for all 3. If either of them refuse though it might get to the point that either they have to cut Clady or Ware or lose one of their young talents. Going to be a fun off season for the Broncos.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand all that CD.. And Reggie is a master at those 2year type deals, along with good drafting.. But I'm just saying the good players will all be kept by most teams.. And that means locking them up for huge money, well the in their prime FAs that is.. So, no osweiler eh?? Hmmm I'm thinking RG3 to you guys if that's the case, and in truth it sort of makes me nervous.. RG3 was rookie of the year, and has skills, but would his head be in the game is the thing with him..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I understand all that CD.. And Reggie is a master at those 2year type deals, along with good drafting.. But I'm just saying the good players will all be kept by most teams.. And that means locking them up for huge money, well the in their prime FAs that is.. So, no osweiler eh?? Hmmm I'm thinking RG3 to you guys if that's the case, and in truth it sort of makes me nervous.. RG3 was rookie of the year, and has skills, but would his head be in the game is the thing with him..

Elway is still committed to Osweiler but from the sound of it Malik and Von are the bigger priorities of the 3. He is talking to all 3 of their agents though gauging what they will cost. I do know though that Malik and Von have both gotten multiple offers from the team where not sure the Broncos have even made an offer to Brock yet.

Yeah RGIII has definitely been a thought of mine. Also been hearing rumors (for whatever those are worth this time of year) that the Broncos are very interested in Paxton Lynch and Dak Prescott from the draft. They think both are a great fit for what Kubiak loves to do on offense plus allows the Broncos to have the most important position on the field at a very cheap price for a few years while they keep the historical defense the Broncos have together.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Elway is still committed to Osweiler but from the sound of it Malik and Von are the bigger priorities of the 3. He is talking to all 3 of their agents though gauging what they will cost. I do know though that Malik and Von have both gotten multiple offers from the team where not sure the Broncos have even made an offer to Brock yet.

Yeah RGIII has definitely been a thought of mine. Also been hearing rumors (for whatever those are worth this time of year) that the Broncos are very interested in Paxton Lynch and Dak Prescott from the draft. They think both are a great fit for what Kubiak loves to do on offense plus allows the Broncos to have the most important position on the field at a very cheap price for a few years while they keep the historical defense the Broncos have together.
I really don't get how some D player in more important than a young QB that showed promise..Elway just needs to pay Osweiler and let Malik walk to us, then everybody is happy..

And yeah, i think RG3 can regain his ROY play, if and only if he becomes a TEAM player that gains the respect of his teammates, his skill is there, but that's not his problem.. A strong Vet team like Denver would be good for him.. And i agree with Dak Prescott and Lynch.. Good players that can hurt teams running and throwing..