• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

What do the RAIDERS need

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get how some D player in more important than a young QB that showed promise..Elway just needs to pay Osweiler and let Malik walk to us, then everybody is happy..

And yeah, i think RG3 can regain his ROY play, if and only if he becomes a TEAM player that gains the respect of his teammates, his skill is there, but that's not his problem.. A strong Vet team like Denver would be good for him.. And i agree with Dak Prescott and Lynch.. Good players that can hurt teams running and throwing..

Not sure everybody would be happy. I mean Malik having to play for the Raiders I can't see him being all that happy. He would just have to keep looking at his bank account saying "suckers thanks for paying me way above what I am worth!" to be happy. Just messing man.

It is not so much a D player being worth more. Right now it could boil down to contract numbers. I mean Osweiler while he showed promise still only has 7 games under his belt. There is talk that his value on the market could reach clear up to $19 million. If he wants to chase the money then I can't see the Broncos being the ones paying him. They are talking more in the $10-12 million range. So if Osweiler wants to stay with the Broncos it could be at the cost of a lot of money. That is why they might sign Malik because they know his market value so much more than that of Oswieler and from what I understand the contracts were not as far off as some first thought. Sounds like the Broncos want him for $10 million a year where he is wanting closer to $12 million a year. He did say the Broncos are the only team he would be willing to give a small discount to so maybe they can find common ground. Just going to have to see what happens.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure everybody would be happy. I mean Malik having to play for the Raiders I can't see him being all that happy. He would just have to keep looking at his bank account saying "suckers thanks for paying me way above what I am worth!" to be happy. Just messing man.

It is not so much a D player being worth more. Right now it could boil down to contract numbers. I mean Osweiler while he showed promise still only has 7 games under his belt. There is talk that his value on the market could reach clear up to $19 million. If he wants to chase the money then I can't see the Broncos being the ones paying him. They are talking more in the $10-12 million range. So if Osweiler wants to stay with the Broncos it could be at the cost of a lot of money. That is why they might sign Malik because they know his market value so much more than that of Oswieler and from what I understand the contracts were not as far off as some first thought. Sounds like the Broncos want him for $10 million a year where he is wanting closer to $12 million a year. He did say the Broncos are the only team he would be willing to give a small discount to so maybe they can find common ground. Just going to have to see what happens.
cd, i see a little cheap shot there by ya.. It's all good man, i like to throw them out myself here and there..

Anyways, from the way i see it cd, it seems you are ok letting Osweiler walk in order to keep Malik.. Hmmmm
You must be alot more high on Malik then you letting on, just for the simple fact that he could end up in Oak.. Now im not saying we will get him, or even heard any legit rumors of us going after him, im just saying..
Is Malik Jackson worth the Cash he wants..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cd, i see a little cheap shot there by ya.. It's all good man, i like to throw them out myself here and there..

Anyways, from the way i see it cd, it seems you are ok letting Osweiler walk in order to keep Malik.. Hmmmm
You must be alot more high on Malik then you letting on, just for the simple fact that he could end up in Oak.. Now im not saying we will get him, or even heard any legit rumors of us going after him, im just saying..
Is Malik Jackson worth the Cash he wants..

Have to get in a few cheap shots now and then.

It is not that I am higher on Malik or Osweiler. It comes down to contract though. From what I understand the Broncos are closer to getting deals done with Malik and Von than they are with Osweiler. I think the Broncos have a price ceiling with all 3 players that they are not willing to go above and if any of them want above that the Broncos will pass. Now given Von's is probably as the highest paid defensive player so I can't see him getting away especially when they can use the Franchise Tag if nothing gets done.

As for Osweiler and being ok with letting him go. I am honestly torn on that one. I like Osweiler but not like I love Osweiler. He has some great attributes to his game but a 7 game sample just isn't enough to know what he brings to the table. From what I understand the Browns are possibly ready to commit huge money to Osweiler that would make him a top-10 paid QB. To me that is way too much. So if he is wanting to chase money and go to a bad team then I say let him go as I do see some promising players in this draft like Lynch and Prescott. I like both of those guys and think they fit the Broncos system pretty well. It won't always be pretty with them as rookies but having them on a very controlled contract for 4-5 years does mean the Broncos can keep our historical defense together. Believe me I do hope they get someting done with Osweiler but just not at the expense of the franchise paying too much to an average player. Give him a more prove it kind of contract with escalators say he makes it to the Pro Bowl or something.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to get in a few cheap shots now and then.

It is not that I am higher on Malik or Osweiler. It comes down to contract though. From what I understand the Broncos are closer to getting deals done with Malik and Von than they are with Osweiler. I think the Broncos have a price ceiling with all 3 players that they are not willing to go above and if any of them want above that the Broncos will pass. Now given Von's is probably as the highest paid defensive player so I can't see him getting away especially when they can use the Franchise Tag if nothing gets done.

As for Osweiler and being ok with letting him go. I am honestly torn on that one. I like Osweiler but not like I love Osweiler. He has some great attributes to his game but a 7 game sample just isn't enough to know what he brings to the table. From what I understand the Browns are possibly ready to commit huge money to Osweiler that would make him a top-10 paid QB. To me that is way too much. So if he is wanting to chase money and go to a bad team then I say let him go as I do see some promising players in this draft like Lynch and Prescott. I like both of those guys and think they fit the Broncos system pretty well. It won't always be pretty with them as rookies but having them on a very controlled contract for 4-5 years does mean the Broncos can keep our historical defense together. Believe me I do hope they get someting done with Osweiler but just not at the expense of the franchise paying too much to an average player. Give him a more prove it kind of contract with escalators say he makes it to the Pro Bowl or something.
Alot of new developments with the Broncos here in the last few days.. PM set to retire, Von Miller not reaching a deal, and they will tag him.. Still have to work on Osweiler, Malik, and some of the other FAs you have..
So you are willing to let Osweiler walk and roll with a rookie QB eh cd.. Now, those guys you mentioned are good, but to roll with one of them would take balls from Elway to do that..
It seems to me that it boils down to Malik or Osweiler.. And you would rather roll with Malik.. Crazy!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Alot of new developments with the Broncos here in the last few days.. PM set to retire, Von Miller not reaching a deal, and they will tag him.. Still have to work on Osweiler, Malik, and some of the other FAs you have..
So you are willing to let Osweiler walk and roll with a rookie QB eh cd.. Now, those guys you mentioned are good, but to roll with one of them would take balls from Elway to do that..
It seems to me that it boils down to Malik or Osweiler.. And you would rather roll with Malik.. Crazy!!

It is not so much that I want the team to roll with a rookie or whoever else. I want them to sign Osweiler and really hope they get something done. I also know that with the QB market the way it is some team is going to be willing to overpay for his services. So if he can stay with the Broncos at a fair price that doesn't destroy the team then yeah bring him back but if he wants to chase the big contract right now then I would rather take a risk with somebody else.

The reason I keep bringing up the idea of signing Malik has more to do with the fact that the Broncos have a much better idea of what his market is. There is a pretty clear price of what it will take to get it done. With Osweiler I have heard clear from $8 million up to $20 million per year. That is a huge range and so little game to gamble on him with if we are talking the top end of that scale.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not so much that I want the team to roll with a rookie or whoever else. I want them to sign Osweiler and really hope they get something done. I also know that with the QB market the way it is some team is going to be willing to overpay for his services. So if he can stay with the Broncos at a fair price that doesn't destroy the team then yeah bring him back but if he wants to chase the big contract right now then I would rather take a risk with somebody else.

The reason I keep bringing up the idea of signing Malik has more to do with the fact that the Broncos have a much better idea of what his market is. There is a pretty clear price of what it will take to get it done. With Osweiler I have heard clear from $8 million up to $20 million per year. That is a huge range and so little game to gamble on him with if we are talking the top end of that scale.
I understand that cd.. But you know the value QBs bring to the table.. I don't know what Osweiler is worth in the open market, but does that matter?? What matters is, what is he worth to you guys?? What are you willing to pay is what this all comes down too.. Like you said, QB are always in demand, and Osweiler while a small sample size, did show he could play.. So what are you willing to pay is what it comes down too, cuz he will get paid, but will it be by you guys..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the RAIDERS lockup King long term!! That's GREAT News!! King is one badazz punter!!

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that cd.. But you know the value QBs bring to the table.. I don't know what Osweiler is worth in the open market, but does that matter?? What matters is, what is he worth to you guys?? What are you willing to pay is what this all comes down too.. Like you said, QB are always in demand, and Osweiler while a small sample size, did show he could play.. So what are you willing to pay is what it comes down too, cuz he will get paid, but will it be by you guys..

Well if I had to put a value on him I would say no more than $14 million a year. He is just too much of an unknown to join the ranks of being paid like a top QB. My guess is they do a 2-3 year deal to where he can still if he plays well get that top paying gig. Again this is just my assessment. The Broncos get to see him practice every day so maybe they have a higher or lower value on him than I do. Just based on the 7 games that is where I would put my cap at.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the RAIDERS lockup King long term!! That's GREAT News!! King is one badazz punter!!

Very good signing. He is a top-10 player at his position and you guys have plenty of cap space to get him locked up. I heard they were now turning towards Penn to see if they can get him locked up. His value though just went way up considering the top LT on the FA market just got Franchise Tagged by the Bills.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if I had to put a value on him I would say no more than $14 million a year. He is just too much of an unknown to join the ranks of being paid like a top QB. My guess is they do a 2-3 year deal to where he can still if he plays well get that top paying gig. Again this is just my assessment. The Broncos get to see him practice every day so maybe they have a higher or lower value on him than I do. Just based on the 7 games that is where I would put my cap at.
14 is a good starting point imo.. Home grown talent that proved he can not only run Kubaik's O but win in it as we.. Im a RAIDER fan so you know how it is, but the truth is he did look good.. You guys have some big choices to make.. You guys have some good FA talent that want to get paid.. And plenty of teams have cap money.. Then you throw in JDR and Fox that might want to snag one or two of those players.. The Jags that are not afraid to spend big,etc.. To me, QB is the most important player and number one objective.. It seems like winning a SB comes at a huge price, but worth it..

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very good signing. He is a top-10 player at his position and you guys have plenty of cap space to get him locked up. I heard they were now turning towards Penn to see if they can get him locked up. His value though just went way up considering the top LT on the FA market just got Franchise Tagged by the Bills.
Yeah im really happy we locked him up long term.. And yeah, Penn is now the focus but he wants big money!!
And we are really in a corner here as far as having to pay him good cash.. Who's out there?? Glenn looks like he will get tagged, Beachum along with Okung seem like there injury prone.. Osemele is real good!! But small sample size at playing LT, and even then i would still take him.. Draft pick like Conklin would be good as well.. But i think we lock up Penn on a two year or three year deal, here pretty soon if the numbers are right of course..

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders aren't really looking at Pacman are they? They need some secondary help, but damn.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Raiders aren't really looking at Pacman are they? They need some secondary help, but damn.
Yeah, that's the internet chatter man.. But in truth?? Pacman has skills and is shutdown, but the drama the guy brings is another story.. Im warming up just a tiny bit on the Pacman front.. Stay tuned for sure man.. A few more days and it's open season on FAs!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the RAIDERS put a second round tender on McGloin.. Hmmmm
McG is better than most of the QBs in this draft, and ALL the FAs QBs in this market!!

You want a starting QB, PAY US!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the RAIDERS are favored to land Malik.. So they say!!

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So KC is interested in Streater!! While we are interested in Smith!! Rotating AFC West players..

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice possible signing of Osemele for the Raiders. I have heard the money is outrageous though so have to wait and see the contract but it should give the Raiders one of the better interior OL groups in the NFL.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the deal is for more than $11 million a year. So not only the highest paid OG in the NFL but one of the 5 highest paid OL players in general. Got to pay to get talent though and you guys have the money.

idahoraiderfan33

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like the deal is for more than $11 million a year. So not only the highest paid OG in the NFL but one of the 5 highest paid OL players in general. Got to pay to get talent though and you guys have the money.
We just landed the top 3 FA by everybody.. The RAIDERS want to run the ball down the throat of other teams.. And this guy will help us do that.. Im sure Mike Tice is doing backflips at this signing.. Well, they have to put pen to paper first, but ya know.. I think you are looking at our new starting LT.. Assuming we don't get Penn or another guy on the cheap.. The Vikings, Ravens, etc put up a great fight for him, but ya know how it is man..
Is Malik Jackson next?? Or maybe Vernon??

stillmatic32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We just landed the top 3 FA by everybody.. The RAIDERS want to run the ball down the throat of other teams.. And this guy will help us do that.. Im sure Mike Tice is doing backflips at this signing.. Well, they have to put pen to paper first, but ya know.. I think you are looking at our new starting LT.. Assuming we don't get Penn or another guy on the cheap.. The Vikings, Ravens, etc put up a great fight for him, but ya know how it is man..
Is Malik Jackson next?? Or maybe Vernon??

I like it. Weddle, Sean Smith, Doug Martin and Malik Jackson? Give them big money up front that is easy to get out from under in a year or two. Like Reggie has been doing.