• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Duane Brown: O line savior

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lane is obviously made out of glass. too fragile for football. and they’ve been trying to trade him since TC, no way the hawks keep his salary so he’s gonna get cut

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also in place of Lane is a 3rd round pick. Lane is definitely not a 3rd round worthy.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lane is obviously made out of glass. too fragile for football. and they’ve been trying to trade him since TC, no way the hawks keep his salary so he’s gonna get cut

Lanes Salary is 100% guaranteed for 2017 so cutting him saves them nothing. Best to keep him because all you do is lose a player but still pay his full 100% salary. The Hawks are over the cap they don't have "until" next off season to fix it. It has to be fixed very quickly as in ASAP. They can be fined by the NFL if it takes to long i do believe.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lanes Salary is 100% guaranteed for 2017 so cutting him saves them nothing. Best to keep him because all you do is lose a player but still pay his full 100% salary. The Hawks are over the cap they don't have "until" next off season to fix it. It has to be fixed very quickly as in ASAP. They can be fined by the NFL if it takes to long i do believe.
He's a bit of a cancer and keeping him now puts them over the 53 limit so someone has to go. They have to clear 2m more off the books and drop a player somewhere. Who else would you drop off the 53?

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup yup! after i posted this i realized it’s guaranteed. thanks! This dude continues to piss me off.

lost in all of this is Russell Wilson himself aa he reworked his contract to help bring in Brown.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn it Lane you can't even pass a physical!?

I'm still mad at him for taking that interception out of the end zone in the Superbowl. If Lane kneels, we get that ball at the 20, Lane doesn't get injured, and Edelman never torches our slot corners, we win by 13, Seahawks are back to back Superbowl champions, Brady retires and plays woman's JV tennis.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a bit of a cancer and keeping him now puts them over the 53 limit so someone has to go. They have to clear 2m more off the books and drop a player somewhere. Who else would you drop off the 53?

Dropping Lane clears NOTHING off the books, only a player but they have to still pay his FULL SALARY. No cap savings at all if Lane is cut and that is why they traded him. His Salary like i stated before is 100% guaranteed for 2017.

They have to do something with the oline as they now have 11 Olineman. Don't be shocked if Battle or Roos goes to the PS. They still need to rework a few peoples contracts to get them under the cap. I wonder what % of Joeckel's salary is guaranteed?

Ok so it seems the Hawks are 500,000 under the cap right now, they are going to want to free up around 1.5mill more some how.

Last edited:

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok so it seems the Hawks are 500,000 under the cap right now, they are going to want to free up around 1.5mill more some how.
At this point, with the season nearly half done, why do it before it's needed?

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, with the season nearly half done, why do it before it's needed?

Injuries. When a player is injured and placed on IR his salary is still paid. Now they have to bring in someone so they need the wiggle room. $500,000 isn't even close to enough wiggle room. Right now 8 million of the cap is on the IR ( 5 mill of that is Avril )

As for wanting to be 2 million under the cap i believe it was john That said they like to have at the least 2 million of cap space during the season for the just in case type deal with injuries.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries. When a player is injured and placed on IR his salary is still paid. Now they have to bring in someone so they need the wiggle room. $500,000 isn't even close to enough wiggle room. Right now 8 million of the cap is on the IR ( 5 mill of that is Avril )
Tracking...but what I'm saying is why not just wait until the injury happens to worry about making room for a replacement when we are 7 games in?

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on 710 that Ifedi is giving up 76 so Brown can keep his number. Ifedi switches to 65. Could be his best play of the year.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tracking...but what I'm saying is why not just wait until the injury happens to worry about making room for a replacement when we are 7 games in?

They might but that's not how Pete and John like to operate in the past. Hawks will be restructuring someones contract soon i am almost 100% sure. They might offer someone an extension that lowers their base salary this year. If they go that route i hope they sign Richardson to an extension, Lock him up for another 3-4 years. If he becomes a injury issue again he has done enough to warrant a little value ( 5th rounder? ) in a trade.

They could cut Lane and suck up his 4 mill dead money if they go status quo with Shead coming off the IR soon. They will need to make a few more moves when Looking at the players on IR if they return this season. Yeah the Hawks will be doing some money shuffling this week. They might have all ready did it and we may not hear about it till the end of the season or off season.

Last edited:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I fucking hate Lane. That fuckin' scrub, still screwing us over even when he sucks ass at football and is overpaid. He's worth a fuckin' 7th rounder at this point.

Auto have to bump this grade down to a B for both teams. It was an A for Seattle and a C for Houston prior to this. Now Houston gets to avoid a broken down shitty corner and get some mid round picks while Seattle is still stuck with Jeremy Lame.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just heard on 710 that Ifedi is giving up 76 so Brown can keep his number. Ifedi switches to 65. Could be his best play of the year.

That's more inline w/ Ifedi's grade for the year, and that's being generous... 65% is an F

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Seahawks are waiving tackle Isaiah Battle. The team had to make a subtraction to its 53-man roster after cornerback Jeremy Lane failed his physical with Houston and reverted back to Seattle."

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Seahawks are waiving tackle Isaiah Battle. The team had to make a subtraction to its 53-man roster after cornerback Jeremy Lane failed his physical with Houston and reverted back to Seattle."
Clayton nailed it. Called Battle getting cut this morning on 710. I still say he is a boring radio host, but he has good access.

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton nailed it. Called Battle getting cut this morning on 710. I still say he is a boring radio host, but he has good access.
Good call.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah he read my post and saw i had said Battle or Roos were going to the PS :P ( they have to be cut and clear waivers ) and i see them adding him back to the PS.

Nailed it :P anyway it was a no brainer call as we knew they wouldn't keep 11 Olineman on the team very long.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is a above average run blocker and a great ( not elite ) Pass blocker. Having both those grades together make him a probowl quality LT. I have seen many people/talking heads rate him as a High quality blocker in both Run and pass. Some have him rated 1 step lower on his run blocking over his pass blocking but lets be honest right here and now. He is a MASSIVE and i mean MASSIVE upgrade over Rees. Just go watch todays NFL Networks replay of the Texans @ Seahawks game and focus on Rees ( the LT ). He alone caused many and i mean MANY Run plays to go for ZERO or MINUS yards. All by his little self he did this. NFL Network showed a highlight reel of Brown and the reel they showed was Rees Odhiambo's last game against the Texans, showing how easy this moves automatically makes the Hawks better. That was kind of mean by NFL net but it was the cold hard truth. You Suck Rees and it's that plain and simple.

MJD said " he is only one piece of 5 he wont help much " i beg to differ. When you watch the play you see the LT's man in the backfield 8 times out of 10 on running OR passing plays. With Brown that should drop to around 1 or maybe 2 at the worst out of 10. Then Britt is a solid above average C, Aboushi is a below average RG but better than Glowinski at RG. Ifedi is bad at RT but he has improved from the start of the season and i think the Hawks just got to wait for Joeckel to come back and they should have a middle of the pack Oline. Maybe try Tobin at RT? Hey thats not a bad Idea no wait Pocic? he has been practicing there. Yeah they should stick Pocic in there and i think he upgrades the play over Ifedi. Then Move Ifedi Back to Guard where he played a little better than Aboushi is ( not much )
Good report. Thanks.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also in place of Lane is a 3rd round pick. Lane is definitely not a 3rd round worthy.

I was gonna say, if they wanted a third back after his physical we lost in that portion of the deal. I love-love-love getting Brown pretty much at any cost, but looks like Houston had us on the ropes after Lane failed.