• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Duane Brown: O line savior

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

What would cause someone to "fail" an NFL physical? I know that Lane has a thigh bruise and "likely" won't play against the Redskins, but that doesn't seem significant enough to fail it and nix the trade?

What do players even undergo during physicals? Obviously many of us had to undergo a physical when we played high school football, but I recall that being more of a "check-up" than anything else.

Many things they look at mostly though it's up to the teams doctors to say if he passes. The Bruise on his leg very well could be what they failed him for knowing Seattle was now between a rock and a hard place so they had to fork over compensation. They knew what they were doing and got out of paying Lane's 4 mill and Browns remaining Salary of close to 5mill. One Move got them a 3rd next year and a 2nd in 2019. ( they did lose a 5th rounder to Seattle in 2018 ). So one move got them two early round picks and freed up almost 10 million.

So in short yeah i think they failed him on purpose to wring out all they could from the Hawks. I find it funny though because Lane would have helped that Defense lol that is if he could stay on the field.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you are right in their thoughts on the money side. And I also wonder what they were thinking in terms of helping their team. That Houston secondary is awful and even though Lane isn't great, he would have been a big improvement from what they have. At least until their young guys get better. Like you say, provided he could stay healthy.
As for the Hawks, the only real damage I see is the hit financially. Where we draft late in the rounds, the 3rd rounder doesn't seem to be much. The 2nd rounder the year after could be but only if it ends up being a good one. The whole draft is a crap shoot, I think. Getting us an all-pro LT is worth it, even if it's only short term. It would have been nice to unload Lane and his salary though.
At any rate, Russell Wilson might be one of the happiest guys on the planet right now. Now if they can just get even a semblance of a run game going, the immediate future looks a lot brighter.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have used a hyperbolic word in the title, but "savior" wasn't it; "O line" is the stretch. Sure, Brown doesn't help Ifedi not be absolutely terrible at his job, but he does upgrade the LT position immensely. Just watch his technique, how he somehow avoids tripping over himself on a simple pass block or getting beat with the simplest move.

I hope he's not hurt too badly after tonight's game because Brown has absolutely solidified the LT spot for the moment. The improvement we gained from Odiambo to Brown is absolutely "savior" status. Russ was going to get killed with the former.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't sound like Brown's injury is a big concern, especially with 10 days of rest before the next game. I hope.

He's played well for sure. It's too bad Carson got hurt, leaving the remaining RB situation a mess, because I really think the run game could be decent if we still had him right now. I recall when he went down that there was an advertised chance that he could be back in Dec. I hope that ends up being true.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown is critical. Tobin was pretty horrible last night.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may have used a hyperbolic word in the title, but "savior" wasn't it; "O line" is the stretch. Sure, Brown doesn't help Ifedi not be absolutely terrible at his job, but he does upgrade the LT position immensely. Just watch his technique, how he somehow avoids tripping over himself on a simple pass block or getting beat with the simplest move.

I hope he's not hurt too badly after tonight's game because Brown has absolutely solidified the LT spot for the moment. The improvement we gained from Odiambo to Brown is absolutely "savior" status. Russ was going to get killed with the former.

Savior status for Wilson's blindside that's for damn sure. The line has looked better with Brown in the line-up, not a HUGE gain but a step above as a whole and a mile ahead at the LT spot. The amount of penetration on the left side has been reduced significantly.

I haven't seen any WIFF'S on blocking since Rees got benched. Was nice seeing Pocic get some playing time also. He looked good and is also an upgrade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Savior status for Wilson's blindside that's for damn sure. The line has looked better with Brown in the line-up, not a HUGE gain but a step above as a whole and a mile ahead at the LT spot. The amount of penetration on the left side has been reduced significantly.

I haven't seen any WIFF'S on blocking since Rees got benched. Was nice seeing Pocic get some playing time also. He looked good and is also an upgrade.

Well it's even worse now because Rees is on IR so if Brown goes down we are hoping that Matt Tobin figures out how to block.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's even worse now because Rees is on IR so if Brown goes down we are hoping that Matt Tobin figures out how to block.

Tobin is a upgrade over Rees.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the long rest and some treatment and Brown will be okay. What impresses me about Brown is that he comes in here new and only has one false start in 2 games when he isn't used to RW's cadence or anything. And zero holding penalties.
Meanwhile, Ifedi, Aboushi continue to take penalties that cost the team first downs and field position time after time. That has to be on Cable, imo. Call it bad footwork or lack of discipline or whatever. Hell, Bill Callahan brought an entire line of second stringers into the Clink and had them playing better then our guys.