• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Welcome Duane Brown: O line savior

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clayton nailed it. Called Battle getting cut this morning on 710. I still say he is a boring radio host, but he has good access.

He's not entertaining, but he has a fuck ton of football knowledge. I respect anything he says over anyone else in the Seattle area. He looks like a nerd, but he lives this shit.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was gonna say, if they wanted a third back after his physical we lost in that portion of the deal. I love-love-love getting Brown pretty much at any cost, but looks like Houston had us on the ropes after Lane failed.

It's an amazing deal in the short term. The loss of those picks may hurt us in the long-term, but the window for this team is closing.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because I can't assess an offensive tackle and as fans we don't really have any stats to go off of sometimes a good barometer of how good of a player we are getting is Madden.

Video game or not, the ratings are pretty accurate for most players and they hire a top team of stat guys to put in everyone's abilities and ratings.

For what it's worth

Most of the Seahawks line is around a 60-68 (pretty bad). Justin Britt is an 80.

Duane Brown is an 86. That's how big of an upgrade we're getting.

We saw how Russell looks when he gets time. This guy is elite. On pace for 4500 yards 34 touchdowns and 9 ints. That's Drew Brees type numbers with less interception + mobility and without a run game. We're watching this generation's Steve Young fellas.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not entertaining, but he has a fuck ton of football knowledge. I respect anything he says over anyone else in the Seattle area. He looks like a nerd, but he lives this shit.
He has the access to get the most information in the quickest amount of time. I don't think he is an Xs and Os genius or anything, far from it. Brock is the best around here for that. Clayton screws up names all the time, has complete tools who call in on his Saturday show, and is "errrrr....." and "duhhhhh....." too much, but he's got great info for sure.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I wish you were as active on these boards as you were on CBS.
I was in San Diego the other day. Looked up Kagezilla. Popped a cap in his ass, banged his wife, banged his dog, banged his mom, ate his parakeet, and took a dump on his front porch.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has the access to get the most information in the quickest amount of time. I don't think he is an Xs and Os genius or anything, far from it. Brock is the best around here for that. Clayton screws up names all the time, has complete tools who call in on his Saturday show, and is "errrrr....." and "duhhhhh....." too much, but he's got great info for sure.
Brock is the most obnoxious fuck on Seattle sports radio. He's worse than Mitch.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brock is the most obnoxious fuck on Seattle sports radio. He's worse than Mitch.
That's your opinion I suppose. Don't get the "obnoxious" thing at all though. He's intelligent, polite, respectful, not a bragger. To each their own....I think he's fantastic.

EDIT: also, my only comment with Brock was about his Xs and Os smarts, and I don't know what "obnoxious" has to do with his credibility there.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was in San Diego the other day. Looked up Kagezilla. Popped a cap in his ass, banged his wife, banged his dog, banged his mom, ate his parakeet, and took a dump on his front porch.

Holy crap, there he is!

Thought we lost you old friend.

Kagezilla, haven't heard that name in years!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy to get Brown but I am tempering my excitement. If the board thinks he will be the OL savior, watch out below.
He played pretty good against Freeney, Bennett schooled him, and Frank did ok but didn't face him much.
My opinion is he will help out, but wont be a massive difference maker.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am happy to get Brown but I am tempering my excitement. If the board thinks he will be the OL savior, watch out below.
He played pretty good against Freeney, Bennett schooled him, and Frank did ok but didn't face him much.
Yeah, "savior" is probably overdoing it a notch or 2, but I don't know if anyone is thinking it's that degree of an upgrade.

But for sure an upgrade, however. We've just replaced like the 70th ranked OT (according to PFF) with a pro bowl quality player at the most important position on the offense other than QB. Not only will he represent a talent upgrade, but there are some intangibles at play here as well, as in all the other vets on the team who may have 1 or 2 more realistic shots at a SB now get the message loud and clear that the front office is doing whatever they can to help get them there.

So maybe not "savior" but just think how pissed we would all be if we hadnt made the trade, get to the NFCC, and it's like 4th & goal for the win and Odhiambo gives up a sack and we lose. Maybe we get there now and maybe we don't, but at least we wont have that mental nightmare to worry about and all the griping and bitching that would go along with it.

And here's another thought: wouldnt it be funny/ironic if we look back at this season and say that George Fant's injury won us the SB?

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, "savior" is probably overdoing it a notch or 2, but I don't know if anyone is thinking it's that degree of an upgrade.

But for sure an upgrade, however. We've just replaced like the 70th ranked OT (according to PFF) with a pro bowl quality player at the most important position on the offense other than QB. Not only will he represent a talent upgrade, but there are some intangibles at play here as well, as in all the other vets on the team who may have 1 or 2 more realistic shots at a SB now get the message loud and clear that the front office is doing whatever they can to help get them there.

So maybe not "savior" but just think how pissed we would all be if we hadnt made the trade, get to the NFCC, and it's like 4th & goal for the win and Odhiambo gives up a sack and we lose. Maybe we get there now and maybe we don't, but at least we wont have that mental nightmare to worry about and all the griping and bitching that would go along with it.

And here's another thought: wouldnt it be funny/ironic if we look back at this season and say that George Fant's injury won us the SB?

:hope:

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

What would cause someone to "fail" an NFL physical? I know that Lane has a thigh bruise and "likely" won't play against the Redskins, but that doesn't seem significant enough to fail it and nix the trade?

What do players even undergo during physicals? Obviously many of us had to undergo a physical when we played high school football, but I recall that being more of a "check-up" than anything else.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, savior is too strong of a word... If we had started the season with Brown, then it would've been appropriate... The way I look at is like this, when you replace the worst Left Tackle in Odhiambo (Statistically and figuratively) with a top 5 LT, that's a notable difference imo... You automatically get much, much better at that position... Plus Browns experience will go along ways with the young bucks on that OL... I think by week 12, we'll be seeing how much of an improvement our OL is due to his presence... JMO...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Question:

What would cause someone to "fail" an NFL physical? I know that Lane has a thigh bruise and "likely" won't play against the Redskins, but that doesn't seem significant enough to fail it and nix the trade?

What do players even undergo during physicals? Obviously many of us had to undergo a physical when we played high school football, but I recall that being more of a "check-up" than anything else.
Good question, and I don't know the answer. Maybe range of motion? Looseness or "play" in the joints?

There was a theory going around that Houston failed him on purpose as a ploy to tease better draft pick competition out of the deal.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a theory going around that Houston failed him on purpose as a ploy to tease better draft pick competition out of the deal.

That was honestly my first thought when I find out he failed...

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I meant compensation up there, not competition. I'm losing it....