• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK 13 Playoffs on the line

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SF & Philly are the two best teams on football. they were last week too.

somebody in the AFC will get a chance
So will the Cowboys?

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Eagles have some real issues at linebacker and cornerback that are not going to get fixed. Their depth has run out at lb and their corners are looking their age.
Their corners got old in a hurry. Reminds me of 2012 Ryan Howard and Jimmy Rollins. Good productive players that have been held on to one year too long.

Additionally, Ricks in the dime package is a problem. He was getting picked on yesterday and he didn’t make a play all day.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last year people were giving the Niners a little too much credit but this year they are clearly the best team when healthy. They've recently blown out the Jags, Seahawks, and Eagles. They're the clear favorites atm.
Co-sign. That’s a great team. They’re my Super Bowl favorite at this point.

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eye roll…. What does making a comment about two bad calls on ONE drive have to do with the rest of the game? It was commentary about that drive only.

Anyway you can make that comment about the whole game on every game.

Are you saying there were only 2 bad calls on that last drive?

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I noticed fouls in the Dallas/Seattle game weren't fouls in the Philly/SF game.
Therein lies the biggest problem. It's far too subjective and inconsistent from one crew to the next. I don't know if there really is a solution to that because these people are human.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know if there really is a solution to that because these people are human.
I've posted this B4.

A twelve you old and his Dad sat on the 5 yard line at the end zone Duane Thomas fumbled the ball in SB5. Colts were screaming their football...refs pointed in their direction even when Dave Manders had the football for a touchdown. BOY what replay with all the different camera angles woulda shown back then AND how different that game woulda been.

new week, new chapter, new story to tell.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sad is that they had a “fix” in place with coaches being allowed to challenge PI calls. Sadly the egos got in the way of it ever being utilized properly and was a joke.
I think it was mostly a case of the replay officials not wanting to show up the on-field officials so they just chickened out most of the time and let bad calls stand.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They let the Niners eagles slug it out.
Most importantly, I thought they had a consistent standard throughout the game. It really doesn’t matter to me how a crew decides to officiate a game (let em play vs call the ticky tack violations and all things in between) as long as it’s clear to players what the standard is. I hate when officials change up mid game. The players have already adjusted to the way the game is being called and now what was a foul isn’t or the other way around. The inconsistencies in the same crew is what bothers me.

To be clear, I’m not saying that about Eagles Niners yesterday. I think they let them play and they were consistent with that model throughout the contest.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that the important thing is for the refs to be consistent with how they are calling any game. If it's tight, have it be tight all game against both sides. If it's loose, same thing.

The Niners-Eagles and Cowboys-Seahawks games were almost different sports though, it was wild.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought last year people were giving the Niners a little too much credit but this year they are clearly the best team when healthy. They've recently blown out the Jags, Seahawks, and Eagles. They're the clear favorites atm.
Been a bit of a roller coaster for the Niners this season. The first 5 games they were clearly the best team in the league. Then 3 straight losses and next thing you know everyone's wondering if they can even win their division. Now with the last 4 games with them demolishing their opponents, including last night's beatdown of the #1 ranked Eagles, I guess it's come full circle for the moment that again the Niners are clearly the best team in the league. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Been a bit of a roller coaster for the Niners this season. The first 5 games they were clearly the best team in the league. Then 3 straight losses and next thing you know everyone's wondering if they can even win their division. Now with the last 4 games with them demolishing their opponents, including last night's beatdown of the #1 ranked Eagles, I guess it's come full circle for the moment that again the Niners are clearly the best team in the league. Let's see how the rest of the season plays out.
All one has to do is look at Mccaffery's rushing stats during that 3 game skid and not having Trent williams. With that run game, they are virtually unstoppable. Without it, not so much. The defense didn't play well during the losing streak either but that can also be attributed to not playing complimentary ball.