• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: WEEK NINE: Lions head Norse, Battle Vikings

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And If I hear 1 more person complain about Prater I am going to kick them right in the nuts. ST won this game for the most part.

That's how I feel when people complain about Stafford.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I love the flying 'Kiss my ass' celebration by Tate. He could have just walked in the endzone, instead he decided; "I think I'll put my butt on this gentleman's chin."

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blair Walsh honestly needs to be cut.

I don't even know what kickers are available. But they're better than he is.

Can't cut a hobbit. the NFLPA is against that.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
e0e5d8982e684cb191e3598e7f409b59

I didn't know we were starting our DT at RT.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Corey Robinson obviously. NFL broadcasts are borderline moronic these days.
Hopefully with nobody watching anymore, they'll opt for local broadcasting contracts next time.

Nobody gives a shit aboot Moose's wife running a marathon. Or listening to the same points get brought up ery week like its news to the audience.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blair Walsh honestly needs to be cut.

I don't even know what kickers are available. But they're better than he is.

You can't blame him for the kick getting blocked. So if you want to blame him, it's for the missed pat. If he would have made that the V8kings would have been down 3 instead of 4 at the end of the game. In which case they kick the FG instead of going for it on 4th down. So they tie the game up and give Stafford more time to win it in regulation.

If you want to blame the loss on anyone, their coach called a TO on 3rd and goal with 29 seconds left and one TO left. If he runs the clock down to 10-15 seconds they have all the time they need to run 2 plays without leaving Stafford time to beat him. That loss is 100% on bad coaching/ time management decisions.

Rob

Forward down the field, Bitches.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Coming out of the half the broadcasters reported Caldwell said he wanted to run more. That conservative mindset led to 5 yards of offense in the third quarter. Caldwell gets a lead and shuts down the play calling every time.

So we had multiple 3-and-outs in a row where we didn't attack down the field until 3rd-and-long. That is impossible against a good defense.

Caldwell sucks. Unshackle Stafford and let him do his job all game long. If we had a good defense then maybe Caldwell would look smart... like when Caldwell's offense got carried by the Raven's defense a few years back.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't blame him for the kick getting blocked. So if you want to blame him, it's for the missed pat. If he would have made that the V8kings would have been down 3 instead of 4 at the end of the game. In which case they kick the FG instead of going for it on 4th down. So they tie the game up and give Stafford more time to win it in regulation.

If you want to blame the loss on anyone, their coach called a TO on 3rd and goal with 29 seconds left and one TO left. If he runs the clock down to 10-15 seconds they have all the time they need to run 2 plays without leaving Stafford time to beat him. That loss is 100% on bad coaching/ time management decisions.
Not just this week.

But I don't disagree on Zimmer shooting himself in the foot with that TO.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is the best QB in the league.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford is the best QB in the league.

Brady is still the best in the league.

I honestly don't think there is anyone I would trade Stafford for straight up though. He's either so much better than them currently that I wouldn't, or has so many more years left than them that it wouldn't make sense.

Well maybe for Andrew Luck. But that's probably it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brady is still the best in the league.

I honestly don't think there is anyone I would trade Stafford for straight up though. He's either so much better than them currently that I wouldn't, or has so many more years left than them that it wouldn't make sense.

Well maybe for Andrew Luck. But that's probably it.

Wouldn't trade for anyone. JBC has gotten him to use all his tools together. Which he never did and it drove me crazy. Whether JBC is around? IMO his work stay with Matty. I will keep to my thoughts the last few years, Matt is not the guy to do it alone. Top 15 run game and defense will go far(ther) with tPimp.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't trade for anyone. JBC has gotten him to use all his tools together. Which he never did and it drove me crazy. Whether JBC is around? IMO his work stay with Matty. I will keep to my thoughts the last few years, Matt is not the guy to do it alone. Top 15 run game and defense will go far(ther) with tPimp.

This is the perfect offense for him.

Stafford is a rhythm passer. All these little, easy completions are perfect for those intermediate to deep shots later when he is already feeling it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need to mix up the routes more. If Tate is always running short and MJ always long it gets much easier to defend. I think that is why Ebron is having more success lately.