• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Vikings be a dark horse?

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They haven't played that bad this year, and have lost to two of the best teams in the entire league in their 4 losses so far. Cousins is once again putting up good numbers, and over their next 6 games, they are likely to be favored in every game.

The NFC North may come down to the last 3 games of the season. The Lions and the Vikings play twice in the last three games. Plus the Lions have the Cowboys too in that stretch at the end of the season.

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 8.26.51 AM.png

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Short answer: no.

Likely playoff team imo but not quite good enough to beat the top teams when it counts. Niners without Deebo and maybe a little overrated at QB. Cousins meanwhile a veteran in his prime who can win in regular season but likely to be exposed by good defenses when coaches have time to plan for him.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might make the playoffs, but I doubt it. However, the lions packers and bears suck, so if making the playoffs and losing is considered a “dark horse” then maybe. I chalk last night up to a fluke. 9ers beat them 9 times out of 10.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Likely playoff team imo but not quite good enough to beat the top teams when it counts. Niners without Deebo and maybe a little overrated at QB. Cousins meanwhile a veteran in his prime who can win in regular season but likely to be exposed by good defenses when coaches have time to plan for him.
Yeah, I meant dark horse as in coming back from what appeared to be a hopeless 0-3 start to winning the NFC North and maybe snagging a playoff win at home. Possibly even upsetting a top team. I wouldn't bet on them going to the SB for sure, but with their remaining schedule, 11 wins is not out of the question for sure.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might make the playoffs, but I doubt it. However, the lions packers and bears suck, so if making the playoffs and losing is considered a “dark horse” then maybe. I chalk last night up to a fluke. 9ers beat them 9 times out of 10.

Here is their remaining 10 games:

Screen Shot 2023-10-24 at 8.40.30 AM.png

I think they have a good chance at winning 7 of them. I'm hoping that two of those losses come to Detroit! :nod:

Although, would it be a good time to trade Cousins to a desperate team (if one pops up the next 2-3 weeks)? He could command a nice return for a team that is desperate and in playoff mode. They could restart the rebuild with a QB in the draft. Although, I imagine the fans would be angry if they gave up on the season after they won last night and with their upcoming schedule. I know I would be if I were a Vikings fan.

Last edited:

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

inevitable the vikings won,nfl teams don,t turn the ball over and win usually.rare exception when they do.don,t care how good the team is,a decent team wins with 3 turnovers by the opposite team.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 344063

I think they have a good chance at winning 7 of them. I'm hoping that two of those losses come to Detroit! :nod:

Although, would it be a good time to trade Cousins to a desperate team (if one pops up the next 2-3 weeks)? He could command a nice return for a team that is desperate and in playoff mode. They could restart the rebuild with a QB in the draft. Although, I imagine the fans would be angry if they gave up on the season after they won last night and with their upcoming schedule. I know I would be if I were a Vikings fan.
Cousins has a no trade clause and 0 chance he waves it

He's playing well and is a free agent this off-season. He doesn't want to go new system where his play might tail off and lower his value in his upcoming free agency. I also think KC is hoping MN gives him 2-3 year deal, I think his preference is to stay here, but not at a discount

Had MN lost vs SF and GB upcoming, I think they would've dealt Hunter and maybe KJ Osborne, hunter would've gotten a 2nd, Osborne probably only a 5th or so, but still

If they win, they might try to hunt for elusive first round playoff exit

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cousins has a no trade clause and 0 chance he waves it

He's playing well and is a free agent this off-season. He doesn't want to go new system where his play might tail off and lower his value in his upcoming free agency. I also think KC is hoping MN gives him 2-3 year deal, I think his preference is to stay here, but not at a discount

Had MN lost vs SF and GB upcoming, I think they would've dealt Hunter and maybe KJ Osborne, hunter would've gotten a 2nd, Osborne probably only a 5th or so, but still

If they win, they might try to hunt for elusive first round playoff exit
You know the Vikings better than I do, so when I disagree it is out of ignorance here, but I don't think there is a "0 chance" he would wave his no trade clause. If the Vikings lose a few over the next 6 games, they could go into sell mode. I'm not sure why Cousins wouldn't allow them to move him to a legit SB contender, especially if they start selling assets from his team. It could significantly enhance his portfolio.

I hate the Browns (my brother in law always wants to come to my house and watch them because I have Sunday Ticket :puke:), but they have a freakish defense. If they had Cousins, I feel like they would be legit SB contenders. He wouldn't even have to be great, just above average. The defense would do the rest. I don't know if the Browns would even entertain that type of trade, but it would be a perfect one year fix if they could swing it.

Having said all that, I don't see the Vikings losing very many more games this season. So I don't know why they would want to dump Cousins.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a dark horse SB team, especially out of the NFC, this year it'd be the Lions, imo.

Vikings all of the sudden look like a potential playoff team somehow though. They're already .5 back of a WC spot. We're not even sure if Danielle Hunter is a Viking for the stretch run, keep in mind.

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know the Vikings better than I do, so when I disagree it is out of ignorance here, but I don't think there is a "0 chance" he would wave his no trade clause. If the Vikings lose a few over the next 6 games, they could go into sell mode. I'm not sure why Cousins wouldn't allow them to move him to a legit SB contender, especially if they start selling assets from his team. It could significantly enhance his portfolio.

I hate the Browns (my brother in law always wants to come to my house and watch them because I have Sunday Ticket :puke:), but they have a freakish defense. If they had Cousins, I feel like they would be legit SB contenders. He wouldn't even have to be great, just above average. The defense would do the rest. I don't know if the Browns would even entertain that type of trade, but it would be a perfect one year fix if they could swing it.

Having said all that, I don't see the Vikings losing very many more games this season. So I don't know why they would want to dump Cousins.
Kirk has already stated he's not going to wave it

Expecting him to learn an all new offense, get up to speed, and play at his current level is a big ask and Kirk wants to get his final paycheck this offseason so he's not going to put his numbers at risk

PnkPanther

Hoopla Cash
$ 253.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's a dark horse SB team, especially out of the NFC, this year it'd be the Lions, imo.

Vikings all of the sudden look like a potential playoff team somehow though. They're already .5 back of a WC spot. We're not even sure if Danielle Hunter is a Viking for the stretch run, keep in mind.
They're one game off where I thought they'd be at this point in season

losing to bucs and baker mayfield stings and had MN not been in love with turning the ball over, they'd have 1-2 more wins

but here we are

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 344063

Nobody wants cousins.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFCN comes down to the Lions vs. Vikings. Figured that going into the season and nothing has changed but I think the Lions win the division when all is said and done simply because the Vikings might have too much ground to gain after the slow start. I would bet a head to head split. Vikings could possibly somehow manage the 6 or 7 seed simply because the conference is so weak overall but they would likely be one and done anyway. Their schedule and the Lions pretty much the same so they get no added benefit there.