• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could the Vikings be a dark horse?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had the Vikes pegged at 9-8 in my preseason prediction. We all knew there was zero chance that they'd repeat last year's 11-0 record of wins by 8 points or less - the old reversion to the mean yada yada. Right now they sit at 3-4, so not only does 9-8 stand as a realistic target, but based on their remaining schedule, they could possibly hit double digits if enough goes right.
I kinda thought they were a rebuilding team and would want to move on from Cousins. I think they've been drafting better than I would have imagined, though, and with Love and Fields being bottom 5 QBs then I do think playoffs are realistic.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really hoping to see the Vikings go full on sell mode.

Mostly because it’s kinda humiliating that Ford Fields banners are all playoff participation ribbons.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really hoping to see the Vikings go full on sell mode.

Mostly because it’s kinda humiliating that Ford Fields banners are all playoff participation ribbons.

The Lions have had the Vikings number over the last couple of years. They should have swept last year. Except coach kneecap biter decided to make the worst of the 3 decisions of go for it, punt or long FG (which was missed).

I just don't see the Vikings taking both from Detroit and given the schedules of each team, that is what they will need to do.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions have had the Vikings number over the last couple of years. They should have swept last year. Except coach kneecap biter decided to make the worst of the 3 decisions of go for it, punt or long FG (which was missed).

I just don't see the Vikings taking both from Detroit and given the schedules of each team, that is what they will need to do.
Detroit has lost like 5 in a row at your place.

Campbell is a great motivator. Not a fan of his in game decision making, for sure.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Detroit has lost like 5 in a row at your place.

Campbell is a great motivator. Not a fan of his in game decision making, for sure.

Yeah, but in both 2021 and 2022 the Vikings had to pull out of their ass at the very end. The tide could well be turning in this series.

belcherboy

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I certainly feel better about it now that Cousins is gone (I'm not glad he's injured, just glad the Lions don't have to play him twice this year). I don't know if your backup can continue this winning streak you've got, but the schedule is VERY favorable. Even without Cousins, I could see you still winning 4 of the next 5 games, or even all 5 of them.

Regardless, I'd rather face your backup QB than Cousins at this point. It's good that the Lions don't face you guys till the very end of the season. By that time the Lions staff should have plenty of tape on the back up QB.