• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: Texans vs Seahawks

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously they feel that plugging Pocic in at LG is the way to go.

5-2, tied for lead, and the coaching staff still can't walk and chew gum.

Well they couldn't really use their standard "Fire Bevell. Fire Cable" complaints after the Hawks dropped 41 on the Texans.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well they couldn't really use their standard "Fire Bevell. Fire Cable" complaints after the Hawks dropped 41 on the Texans.

Oh really? You think the Oline was great at run blocking? Something they use to do a lot better than they do now. I would say 2012 this was a ok runblocking team and a poor passblocking team, 2013 was about the same.

Back when Lynch was here i said he covers up for a lot of the short comings in the run blocking game. People laughed at me and ignored that he was always tops or top 2 in Yards after contact yet his YPC were around 4.2 average or so with a 3.7 Yards after contact, So .5 yards before contact. You know how many times i saw our RB getting hit 2, 3 and even 4 yards BEHIND the LoS yesterday? On all but 2 carries lol

Winning is nice and what a awesome game but to just let the sugar cover the shit? Just because someone brings you donuts doesn't mean he should keep his job when he never does it to begin with. "Oh but he brought donuts, who cares if his work sucks i love the donuts".

Russell had 452 yards passing and 30 yards rushing for 482-6(Sacks)=476 total yards. The Hawks finished with 479 ( 476 from Russell). Or 33 yards rushing as a team and Wilson accounted for 30 of those on 2 carries. The only people that can't bitch are those that scream Fire Bevell because his play calling allowed for a team that couldn't run to escape a 2 year old score 41 points and amass 479 yards, on the other hand those that scream Fire Cable even have more ammunition after that game.

Pass blocking looked ok and i will accept that but the run blocking was down right atrocious. No Atrocious means that they did something in the runblocking scheme ...... no it was nonexistent.

Once again you all get warm and fuzzy after a win and want to IGNORE the bad. Thats not the way you improve :L

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh really? You think the Oline was great at run blocking? Something they use to do a lot better than they do now. I would say 2012 this was a ok runblocking team and a poor passblocking team, 2013 was about the same.

I think it is a pretty poor offensive line. That's what happens when spend no money on it.
Back when Lynch was here i said he covers up for a lot of the short comings in the run blocking game. People laughed at me and ignored that he was always tops or top 2 in Yards after contact yet his YPC were around 4.2 average or so with a 3.7 Yards after contact, So .5 yards before contact. You know how many times i saw our RB getting hit 2, 3 and even 4 yards BEHIND the LoS yesterday? On all but 2 carries lol

The OL was much better at run blocking then. Having Wilson and Beast certainly helped.
Winning is nice and what a awesome game but to just let the sugar cover the shit? Just because someone brings you donuts doesn't mean he should keep his job when he never does it to begin with. "Oh but he brought donuts, who cares if his work sucks i love the donuts".

What do you propose? Hate to break the news to you but it wasn't the OL's fault that we nearly lost.

Russell had 452 yards passing and 30 yards rushing for 482-6(Sacks)=476 total yards. The Hawks finished with 479 ( 476 from Russell). Or 33 yards rushing as a team and Wilson accounted for 30 of those on 2 carries. The only people that can't bitch are those that scream Fire Bevell because his play calling allowed for a team that couldn't run to escape a 2 year old score 41 points and amass 479 yards, on the other hand those that scream Fire Cable even have more ammunition after that game.

When do the "Fire Travis Jones" chants start? Because our DL is probably the most of guilty of letting this game slip away.

Pass blocking looked ok and i will accept that but the run blocking was down right atrocious. No Atrocious means that they did something in the runblocking scheme ...... no it was nonexistent.

Once again you all get warm and fuzzy after a win and want to IGNORE the bad. Thats not the way you improve :L

I accept that we are never going to have a good offensive line. For whatever reason the Texans were keyed on our run D. We had 0 yards rushing and the play action STILL got them late in the game. For whatever reason the Texans game plan was to make Wilson beat them. And he most certainly did.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it is a pretty poor offensive line. That's what happens when spend no money on it.

The OL was much better at run blocking then. Having Wilson and Beast certainly helped.

What do you propose? Hate to break the news to you but it wasn't the OL's fault that we nearly lost.

When do the "Fire Travis Jones" chants start? Because our DL is probably the most of guilty of letting this game slip away.

I accept that we are never going to have a good offensive line. For whatever reason the Texans were keyed on our run D. We had 0 yards rushing and the play action STILL got them late in the game. For whatever reason the Texans game plan was to make Wilson beat them. And he most certainly did.

No excuses, the defense was down right bad in almost every phase, but this is also something we have seen since Richard took over as the DC, it's nothing new. They play great a few games then play like total crap. Tennessee game? Twice this year we have seen a fraud on the field dressed up as the Seahawks defense. We saw it 5 times last season also but thankfully we won a couple of those ( just like yesterday ). Never was high on Richard taking over the D but HOPEFULLY they play 9 more great games this season on Defense and some team will make him their HC.

See this is what i am looking for in a discussion, Thanks Flyerhawk. Finally a little back and forth about the bad and ugly not "we won all is forgiven!! ( until next week when we scratch are head ONCE AGAIN and ask why) lol

I think they should have rotated Tobin or Pocic in at LT a few weeks ago. Seems like i am going to have to wait for Rees to get injured before we even see what we got as a second option because Rees is the Worst offensive lineman in the NFL and he is playing LEFT FUCKING TACKLE! lmao

Watched the Houston's broadcast of the game ( Houston's announcers ) and they were making fun of Odhiambo like mad and Ifedi also. Had me laughing a little bit. Can thank my Brother for that.

Last edited:

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the Offense or i should say the team ( as a whole ) has averaged 31.75 PPG over the past 4 games.

RUSSELL WILSON MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! What would this team be with out him? a 4-12 type team? yeah if even that. lol

Oh yeah and to Russell Wilson.. We saw that try at a stiff arm near the end of the game, loved the anger in it but you might have soiled your image a little there :P Looked like he was trying to knock the guy out.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
See this is what i am looking for in a discussion, Thanks Flyerhawk. Finally a little back and forth about the bad and ugly not "we won all is forgiven!! ( until next week when we scratch are head ONCE AGAIN and ask why) lol

I don't think most folks here have a problem with criticism. But that criticism is simple "Fire X" it isn't particularly useful. It doesn't provide any insight.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is the Offense or i should say the team ( as a whole ) has averaged 31.75 PPG over the past 4 games.

RUSSELL WILSON MVP! MVP! MVP! MVP! What would this team be with out him? a 4-12 type team? yeah if even that. lol

Oh yeah and to Russell Wilson.. We saw that try at a stiff arm near the end of the game, loved the anger in it but you might have soiled your image a little there :P Looked like he was trying to knock the guy out.

Well you can't complain about LT anymore.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. It was also nice to see Sherman say that the offense bailed them out. That defense was getting a little too cocky IMO. And to the defense, you're taking up over 70% of the payroll... you're designed to beat other teams out. Your offense doesn't have the payroll to put up 30+ every game.

These guys fight for each other so for Sherm to bring that up is refreshing and that type of comment can go a long ways inside the club house.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Won’t count on that.

Oh he sure can count on that, No one more happy than i am right now. If Brown plays like crap ( He is one of the better LT in the league PERIOD ) then that finger pointing at Cable turns into a 6 foot 4, 305 Pound arrow pointing right at him LMAO!

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too funny

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a Avatar of Wilson as a Wizard lol

Just is pure magic out there on the field.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I need a Avatar of Wilson as a Wizard lol

Just is pure magic out there on the field.

giphy.gif

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard that place set off the richter scale.
It was pretty damn cool, that's for sure.
Was it louder than the, "Beastmode" run?
Beastquake volume grew with each yard ML ran building up to a crescendo that hurt your ears but you didn't care. JG's TD at the end felt similar in volume.

Going to the game is a big ordeal. Leave early, get home late, spending $, standing and yelling for hours. I am usually exhausted when I get home about 6:30. A day in the office, lol.
Yet, in certain moments of certain games the live experience can't be replicated. There is nothing like it. It can be the Mariners, the Sonics, or the Seahawks that provide that special moment. At that moment when the game is decided (hopefully in our favor) when it was in doubt is pure unadulterated jubilation from all around you. The Romo fumble, The Tip, vs GB in the NFCCG, and many more examples cause you to bear hug, high 5 with fans 2 rows ahead-2 rows behind and 4 deep to the right and left of you, jump up and down, scream to your loudest...that is why I attend.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to the game is a big ordeal. Leave early, get home late, spending $, standing and yelling for hours. I am usually exhausted when I get home about 6:30. A day in the office, lol.

Yep, I've not missed a home game since I moved back to WA before the '15 season. Like you say, it's an all day thing and I'm drained when I got home about 12 hours after leaving for the game. I am dragging on Monday mornings, but it's lots of fun and especially now with our oldest in college at Seattle U, it's become the only certain time where all 4 of us are together. We also have a regular tailgate group that has become our "Seahawks Family" so it's always great to see them. I still feel pretty spry at 46 (outside of nagging stuff that has accumulated over the course of 24+ years and counting in the Army), but I'm sure at some point I may not have the gusto for 8 games a year. But until then....DILLY DILLY!