• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: Texans vs Seahawks

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only thing I was close to getting right was a hawks win, which is the most important... :D
Yeah, me too. I was way off base. And you're right about the pass blocking, some more improvement for sure although that may have been more to do with fatigue on a depleted Houston pass rush too. I think Clowney was almost out of gas by the 4th qtr. :suds:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Thomas' hammy turns out to be minor. This is encouraging. From the Hawks website.

Thomas said in the locker room after the game that he was willing to go in for the final defensive series, but ultimately, the coaching staff was cautious and held him out.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Thomas' hammy turns out to be minor. This is encouraging. From the Hawks website.

Definitely a good sign...

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell of a game today. Probably the most entertaining win since the Sherm tip game.

LambeauLegs

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,938.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow nice game I had your D in fantasy and they picked up a good amount of points with the defensive TD and the picks but I also had Watson starting along with Fuller for the Texans and was nice to see the Seattle defense let them go off. Was a good fantasy day winning by the largest margin in the league this week is good for $25 and scoring the most points in the league this week is good for another $25. I thought Watson and the Texan offense would have been shut down quite a bit more and did not expect as big of a day in fantasy

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wow nice game I had your D in fantasy and they picked up a good amount of points with the defensive TD and the picks but I also had Watson starting along with Fuller for the Texans and was nice to see the Seattle defense let them go off. Was a good fantasy day winning by the largest margin in the league this week is good for $25 and scoring the most points in the league this week is good for another $25. I thought Watson and the Texan offense would have been shut down quite a bit more and did not expect as big of a day in fantasy

Congrats on your win and glad the Hawks got a W :suds:

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These guys didn't give up and that's a heart of a champion. This is a type of game that can really spring board a team in believing they can win any game despite some holes on the team.

I agree. It was also nice to see Sherman say that the offense bailed them out. That defense was getting a little too cocky IMO. And to the defense, you're taking up over 70% of the payroll... you're designed to beat other teams out. Your offense doesn't have the payroll to put up 30+ every game.

dude82

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just for accuracy - Graham did have 2 TD's today.

I was just going to mention that. They were both clutch touchdowns that gave the Hawks the lead in the 4th quarter too. Obviously, the trade hasn't worked out the way that anyone envisioned and there are games he's had where the criticism was perfectly warranted. I just don't think it's warranted in this instance. He was targeted five times, caught four of them and scored on two of those receptions. The yardage isn't gonna blow you away in this one, but he had a productive day when the ball came his way.

The thing is... I just don't know enough about what the Hawks asked him to do or enough about how Houston game planned for him to suggest that he could have done more than he did in this game. Four of our receivers racked up receptions of at least 48 yards and neither Graham nor Baldwin made that list. Houston knows how good both of those guys are, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they chose to double one or both of them quite a bit, leaving the guys who did have big days open in the process.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just going to mention that. They were both clutch touchdowns that gave the Hawks the lead in the 4th quarter too. Obviously, the trade hasn't worked out the way that anyone envisioned and there are games he's had where the criticism was perfectly warranted. I just don't think it's warranted in this instance. He was targeted five times, caught four of them and scored on two of those receptions. The yardage isn't gonna blow you away in this one, but he had a productive day when the ball came his way.

The thing is... I just don't know enough about what the Hawks asked him to do or enough about how Houston game planned for him to suggest that he could have done more than he did in this game. Four of our receivers racked up receptions of at least 48 yards and neither Graham nor Baldwin made that list. Houston knows how good both of those guys are, so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if they chose to double one or both of them quite a bit, leaving the guys who did have big days open in the process.

Honestly I think that Graham has been good for us. The dropsies have been the only real problem I have with him. IMO, the team just wouldn't accept that Graham isn't an inline blocker and you can't use him as one.

That had to be one of Russ' best games as s Seahawk. I only recall 3 off target passes, one of which resulted in a pick. He was constantly throwing near perfect passes in each situation.

Paul Richardson is quietly becoming one of the best unknown WRs in the league.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, what a game. It was a bit tough watching the D give up so many points and big plays, but maybe Watson is just that good? Will be interesting to watch how the rest of his season goes.

Cannot say enough about RW, and I'm sure it's already been covered multiple times in these 23 pages of posts. I heard afterwards that when he threw that seemingly game-losing pick just north of the 2MW, he was on the sideline telling the offense that they were probably going to get the ball back with around 1:30 left with no timeouts and what plays they needed to start thinking about. And then he came back out and won the damn game with an 80 yard TD drive.

And I didn't even know until this morning that ET pulled up with a hammy on that long catch and run. Really sucks, hope it's not serious but those are always tough injuries.

This team's inability to run the ball is a bit concerning, unless they fully commit to throwing it 40 times a game. Play to your strengths.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
%5E4894059A9BEC47E211FC198FFAA2ECC2531D66EEE46F74B689%5Epimgpsh_fullsize_distr.png

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Paul Richardson, if he can stay healthy, is turning into a helluva receiver.
Yeah, he is really good at going up and getting it. One of the best we've seen at that in a long while. Will be interesting to see what he does in the off-season, believe he's a UFA after this year.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I think that Graham has been good for us. The dropsies have been the only real problem I have with him. IMO, the team just wouldn't accept that Graham isn't an inline blocker and you can't use him as one.
It's not that his blocking sucks, it's the fact that he doesn't even try that pisses me off the most.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that his blocking sucks, it's the fact that he doesn't even try that pisses me off the most.

I don't believe it is a matter of effort. I really feel that he just doesn't get what needs to be done in certain situations.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did Odhiambo WIFF this game? 7? 10? lol it was a LOT! But Hey at least the pass blocking has improved at the expense of the run blocking. Seems Rees has a issue with run blocking and allows deep penetration which in turn stops any chance of a run.

When is the Odhiambo experiment going to end? The guy has been getting burned and WIFFING all season long. How do you not get a hand on a guy standing in front of you on a RUN play lol. Don't think i have seen anyone wiff so many times in a game, it's so sad it's funny. I mean he gets beat so bad he doesn't even lay a hand on people he falls on his face haha

If we all performed or jobs at his level none of us would even have a job. lol

it's past time for someone else Pocic, Tobin i don't give a damn which one just someone else.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to end when we can find someone better to replace him that will fit under the cap.

He wasn't supposed to be our starting LT.

Screamin12th

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,290.90
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's going to end when we can find someone better to replace him that will fit under the cap.

He wasn't supposed to be our starting LT.

Pocic would be better ( all ready on the team ) Tobin in his short time there looked better (all ready on the team)

Never understood why this team sticks with players so long before making a change. We saw it at center a few years back. Took them like week 9-10 before making the switch that we all were screaming about in week 4 lol. ( Season before Unger )

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many times did Odhiambo WIFF this game? 7? 10? lol it was a LOT! But Hey at least the pass blocking has improved at the expense of the run blocking. Seems Rees has a issue with run blocking and allows deep penetration which in turn stops any chance of a run.

When is the Odhiambo experiment going to end? The guy has been getting burned and WIFFING all season long. How do you not get a hand on a guy standing in front of you on a RUN play lol. Don't think i have seen anyone wiff so many times in a game, it's so sad it's funny. I mean he gets beat so bad he doesn't even lay a hand on people he falls on his face haha

If we all performed or jobs at his level none of us would even have a job. lol

it's past time for someone else Pocic, Tobin i don't give a damn which one just someone else.
Don't worry about Odiambo, they'll have Jimmy there to help him :crazy::crazy::crazy:

chf

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously they feel that plugging Pocic in at LG is the way to go.

5-2, tied for lead, and the coaching staff still can't walk and chew gum.