• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 8: Texans vs Seahawks

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I've not missed a home game since I moved back to WA before the '15 season. Like you say, it's an all day thing and I'm drained when I got home about 12 hours after leaving for the game. I am dragging on Monday mornings, but it's lots of fun and especially now with our oldest in college at Seattle U, it's become the only certain time where all 4 of us are together. We also have a regular tailgate group that has become our "Seahawks Family" so it's always great to see them. I still feel pretty spry at 46 (outside of nagging stuff that has accumulated over the course of 24+ years and counting in the Army), but I'm sure at some point I may not have the gusto for 8 games a year. But until then....DILLY DILLY!
My oldest son turns 30 in 2 weeks. I took him to his 1st Seahawks game when he was about 10 months old. I have never counted but a little math dictates that he has gone to over 100 home games with me.
The best of times.
24 years and only 6 more to go, eh boss? Thanks for your service.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My oldest son turns 30 in 2 weeks. I took him to his 1st Seahawks game when he was about 10 months old. I have never counted but a little math dictates that he has gone to over 100 home games with me.
The best of times.

Yeah, some of the best memories with my boy are at ballgames. We have hit about 15 Ms games a year for the past 3 seasons, and when we were in Fort Knox right before moving back here I surprised him with plane tix to the NFCC vs 49ers -- tix I bought before we had even beat the Saints in the div round. Like you say, the absolute best of times.

24 years and only 6 more to go, eh boss? Thanks for your service.
It's absolutely been my pleasure, for sure. Not going out to 30. I have submitted my retirement for next year after I hit 25 years. That is plenty for me. The Army wouldn't let me stay here for that long, and I am done moving my family around the globe. I have given the best years of my life to the Army, and it's time to get some roots down and turn the page into the next chapter. Not sure what I will do, but it's been a great run and just time to do something else. Exciting and scary at the same time!

Uhsplit

Hoopla Cash
$ 805.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, some of the best memories with my boy are at ballgames. We have hit about 15 Ms games a year for the past 3 seasons, and when we were in Fort Knox right before moving back here I surprised him with plane tix to the NFCC vs 49ers -- tix I bought before we had even beat the Saints in the div round. Like you say, the absolute best of times.

It's absolutely been my pleasure, for sure. Not going out to 30. I have submitted my retirement for next year after I hit 25 years. That is plenty for me. The Army wouldn't let me stay here for that long, and I am done moving my family around the globe. I have given the best years of my life to the Army, and it's time to get some roots down and turn the page into the next chapter. Not sure what I will do, but it's been a great run and just time to do something else. Exciting and scary at the same time!
Best of luck buddy!