• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: Virginia Tech vs. Duke (Oct. 13, 2012)

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching a couple of those plays makes me wish Martin would transfer to JMU and take Newsome with him. Look at him flopping around on the field like a fish

fish_flop_hg_wht.gif

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Nah I take that back he's doing more rolling around. Flop-roll blocking technique

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah I take that back he's doing more rolling around. Flop-roll blocking technique

New trick play? Have him fall over, roll 10 yards down the field, then stand up for the catch? He'd probably drop the ball though.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
New trick play? Have him fall over, roll 10 yards down the field, then stand up for the catch? He'd probably drop the ball though.

I think the opposing players would be cracking up. I know I would be. If the season gets even worse I think the coaches should try stuff like that to provide SOME entertainment for the fans. Turn it into a circus

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FWIW, while you guys trash on Martin, his shoulder is essentially shredded and he is playing through it with all the medical help he can when in actuality he is going to have to have it totally rebuilt, most likely in the off-season. He shouldn't be playing, but he is there for the team because the other options have been THAT underwhelming.

VTscores

Observer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
FWIW, while you guys trash on Martin, his shoulder is essentially shredded and he is playing through it with all the medical help he can when in actuality he is going to have to have it totally rebuilt, most likely in the off-season. He shouldn't be playing, but he is there for the team because the other options have been THAT underwhelming.

Wow.

Talk about offering another perspective. Silent Rep for that.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Ok I'll try to criticize players on a non-personal level...???

If that's the case I wouldn't even bother with a TE to run block. Just send out another OT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Jackson and/or Redman will start showing something in the offseason. They have much better size to be a blocking tight end. Hopefully they have the athleticism to catch a few balls too. The tight end position is very underwhelming at VT right now. We haven't had an all around good one in awhile.

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hopefully Jackson and/or Redman will start showing something in the offseason. They have much better size to be a blocking tight end. Hopefully they have the athleticism to catch a few balls too. The tight end position is very underwhelming at VT right now. We haven't had an all around good one in awhile.

Boone and Andre? They weren't Jeff King but they were good. They could block and would catch the ball when it came to them.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
This is why Martin is calling it quits after this year, he still has 1 more year of eligibility after this season but his shoulder cant handle it..

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Jackson seems to be doing well and is more of a pass catching TE. Redman needs to step it up this summer..

robV703

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jackson seems to be doing well and is more of a pass catching TE. Redman needs to step it up this summer..

Are you hearing anything about Jackson or Redman getting a look at OL? The reason I ask is looking at our depth chart and recuriting we are going to have major issues in a few years unless we absolutely kill it recruiting in 2014.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, but both are listed at around 260ish and have the size to be formidable blockers. Dunn, Malleck, and Perez-Means are about 20-25 lighter than these two. I think both have great potential.

EvanGWatkins

757 Hokie
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Are you hearing anything about Jackson or Redman getting a look at OL? The reason I ask is looking at our depth chart and recuriting we are going to have major issues in a few years unless we absolutely kill it recruiting in 2014.
No, I do not anticipate either of them moving to OL. The only move to OL I could see would possibly be Woody Baron once he comes in, he played both ways in HS and was pretty good on the OL, but for now he is coming in as a DL in January.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

of all the TEs we have, I have the highest hopes for Jackson and Malleck, in that order.