• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: Pitt @ Virginia Tech, Saturday 12:00 PM on ESPNU

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense isnt actually bad. They are inefficient. We struggled in the redzone. This game could have easily been 31-10 and we wouldnt be questioning it except for the run game.

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The offense isnt actually bad. They are inefficient. We struggled in the redzone. This game could have easily been 31-10 and we wouldnt be questioning it except for the run game.

It is consistently inefficient though....bought time we see some improvement. What in the world has happened to the running game?....the offensive hasn't been that bad have they?

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Games like this are games where we could get younger guys reps if the offense can actually get going. The game could have been put away at half. It would have been nice to get some reps in for some of the backups to the front 7 that is almost all going to have to be replaced next year.

hokiecat

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching Hokies football since 1988 and this may be the best defense I have ever seen. These guys are stone-cold killers out there. They are the Seal Team Six of defense. We still have about half a season to go but this crew is neck and neck with the 1999 NC defense of Moore and Engelberger (graduated 8 that season). That defense was great too but they also had some blowout games (Syracuse anyone?) where they could relax (though they still pitched the shutout in that one). This defense has to be flawless pretty much every down to keep us in the lead. And they do it!

The offense is looking better but they really need to stop leaving points on the board. The Hokies need to continue to recruit the heck out of offensive linemen.

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been watching Hokies football since 1988 and this may be the best defense I have ever seen. These guys are stone-cold killers out there. They are the Seal Team Six of defense. We still have about half a season to go but this crew is neck and neck with the 1999 NC defense of Moore and Engelberger (graduated 8 that season). That defense was great too but they also had some blowout games (Syracuse anyone?) where they could relax (though they still pitched the shutout in that one). This defense has to be flawless pretty much every down to keep us in the lead. And they do it!

The offense is looking better but they really need to stop leaving points on the board. The Hokies need to continue to recruit the heck out of offensive linemen.

The crazy thing about today is I think the shockingly elusive savage evaded more sacks than he took..

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is consistently inefficient though....bought time we see some improvement. What in the world has happened to the running game?....the offensive hasn't been that bad have they?

I've come to the conclusion we simply don't have the personnel to run block like Grimes wants. I thought they looked good against Bama, but its been all down hill from there. They're fine in pass protection, giving LT plenty of time to throw. They're pretty disciplined too. I don't recall many flags for false starts, holding, etc. But the run blocking is nonexistent save for about 4 plays a game. The interior guys get beat a lot (looked like Benedict and Shuman had rough games today too) and Cline whiffs on his blocks quite a bit too. He's great in the passing game and he is a true freshman so he'll get better, but he needs to hold his blocks longer. Hopefully the bye week will do these guys some good.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROZLTRQ.gif

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ms. 46 and I spent the pre and post game with our old SportsHoopla pal, Evan, this past weekend and I have to say that we got a chance to meet Brandon Facyson and Wyatt Teller for a little bit. These are two really really great kids and it is pretty Wesome to be rooting for young men like them. They both spent a large amount if time with fans, especially the kids that were running around asking for autographs. We got to see Coaches Moorehead and Gray as well. They were equally cool guys. We saw a bunch more players and they were all cool but those two were who we got to interact with the most and they are just really good guys. I wanted to pass that along. It's nice to see these are not just guys in uniforms but cool young men as well.

Also, We had a great time with Evan, some of his fam and some other 247 folks. Good times, good people, great weeknd.

:thumb:

HoHumHokie

Stick It In
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, Ms. 46 and I spent the pre and post game with our old SportsHoopla pal, Evan, this past weekend and I have to say that we got a chance to meet Brandon Facyson and Wyatt Teller for a little bit. These are two really really great kids and it is pretty Wesome to be rooting for young men like them. They both spent a large amount if time with fans, especially the kids that were running around asking for autographs. We got to see Coaches Moorehead and Gray as well. They were equally cool guys. We saw a bunch more players and they were all cool but those two were who we got to interact with the most and they are just really good guys. I wanted to pass that along. It's nice to see these are not just guys in uniforms but cool young men as well.

Also, We had a great time with Evan, some of his fam and some other 247 folks. Good times, good people, great weeknd.

Very Cool. Get any good vibes [from Evan] on the recruiting front?

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is "wesome" like "awesome" but taken to the max?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Burnett was there and enjoyed it. So was Edmunds and his dad who is HUGE. The youngest Edmunds is much taller and bigger than Trey or Terrell as well.

I saw Nic Acree up close and sweet Jesus is he gigantic. Teller told us he has gained 30 since he got there. Andrew Miller is a big big as well. Giant arms.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
glad to have the W, but we really need to finish more drive with TD's instead of FG's

ACC_HOKIES

4 ACC Championships
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

In this day and age its difficult to make that type of play/hit and not get flagged for something. Props to Jarrett for the hit. Props to Street for holding on. That's good football ladies and gents.

I read a quick blurb somewhere that Street expects to play against ODU. I wish he could have popped back up and played on though.

757Hokie83

Captain Spaulding
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^ makes it even sweeter

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Chryst said Jarrett could have hit lower. I wonder what his thoughts would be if he got his ACL shredded from taking a hit to the side of the knee. He left with a shoulder injury but yet they want targeting called?

Taz_Hokie

Ut Prosim
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like how the writer calls him defenseless because he had lost his balance a little? What?

It was a clean and jarring hit.

Haha, I was getting ready to say something about that.

I was under the assumption it was a penalty because it was a vicious hit. When I looked again and I didn't see a penalty, I was little shocked.”Congemi said because Street was starting to lose his balance before Jarrett hit him, he was a defenseless player.

So, after the guy catches the ball and runs three steps, he can be considered defenseless if he loses his balance?