• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: Virginia Tech vs. Duke (Oct. 13, 2012)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT is 10.5 point favorites. That line stinks like a hockey locker room in the playoffs.

Lock and Load the entire down payment of a house on the Hokies to cover and cover easily.

Vegas is begging you to take Duke, BEGGGGING YOU!!!

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm making my return to Blacksburg, as an alumni! Not looking forward to the 9 hour drive to Troy, Michigan though.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VT is 10.5 point favorites. That line stinks like a hockey locker room in the playoffs.

Lock and Load the entire down payment of a house on the Hokies to cover and cover easily.

Vegas is begging you to take Duke, BEGGGGING YOU!!!

You realize this is 2012, right? We won by four last year, when our team looked much better and theirs was significantly worse. I am just hoping we win. Would love nothing more, but I would give us a slight chance of covering. Certainly not enough to put a large chunk of change on the table.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always run to the smell and this line stinks!

If we can put everything together, absolutely. We should be a better team than Duke. But we haven't shown that we can do that yet. If we play like we have all year to-date, we will lose to Duke. I think (hope?) we'll come out better than that and win this game, but I'm not betting on us covering.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Andy Bitter ‏@AndyBitterVT
Don't bet on Virginia teams RT @McMurphyESPN Worst vs. spread this year: Virginia 0-5-1, Ark, Idaho, Miami (Ohio), MichSt, VaTech each 1-5.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about betting against the spread. It is about finding spreads that make no sense and realizing that Vegas is not in the business of handing out free money. Duke is 51 coming off of a thrashing. Virginia Tech IS REELING and can't stop anyone, yet the spread is 10.5. It doesn't make sense which means they are banking in the world taking Duke. That's when you bet hot and heavy the other way.

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that, just... maybe I'm just too beaten down at this point.

Ragingcroc

mcklSJDFIOj
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not about betting against the spread. It is about finding spreads that make no sense and realizing that Vegas is not in the business of handing out free money. Duke is 51 coming off of a thrashing. Virginia Tech IS REELING and can't stop anyone, yet the spread is 10.5. It doesn't make sense which means they are banking in the world taking Duke. That's when you bet hot and heavy the other way.
That is exactly what Vegas wants you to think.

hokiehi21

DC sports are cursed
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hokies by 20. 37-17. Take it to the bank

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dunn is now co-listed with Malleck on the 1st string. Martin listed 2nd string.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Martin - VT's blocking TE that can't block. I never thought the team would miss Drager but things obviously can be worse

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news!^^^^ French60wasp on TKP broke down some stuff from the UNC game on Martin and pointed out some of these discrepancies on video. He was downright pathetic...My 15 year old son could have done better than that. I like the idea of putting Dunn in there in passing situations and has there ever been any thought of putting an "athletic" type OL/T in at this position on some plays?? I know it is not ideal as it either gives away that it is a run OR takes away a potential receiver..But, I see NFL teams doing it all the time now.

"...reinforcement of the notion that Eric Martin should not see the field. If your "blocking tight end" can't block, utilize Randall Dunn and force the safeties to account for him in the play action game. Martin is a veteran. This is the best he can do, and if this is the best, he can't be on the field if Tech expects to be successful running the ball."

UNC Film Review: A Tragic Realization | The Key Play

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good news!^^^^ French60wasp on TKP broke down some stuff from the UNC game on Martin and pointed out some of these discrepancies on video. He was downright pathetic...My 15 year old son could have done better than that. I like the idea of putting Dunn in there in passing situations and has there ever been any thought of putting an "athletic" type OL/T in at this position on some plays?? I know it is not ideal as it either gives away that it is a run OR takes away a potential receiver..But, I see NFL teams doing it all the time now.

UNC Film Review: A Tragic Realization | The Key Play

putting dunn isn't all that useful either, he drops half the passes thrown to him

i'm running low on positive-juice..

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Watching a couple of those plays makes me wish Martin would transfer to JMU and take Newsome with him. Look at him flopping around on the field like a fish