• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 7: Virginia Tech vs. Duke (Oct. 13, 2012)

awaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 191.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where has this team been all season!? It was fun watching hokie football today!

(Note: I isn't get home til it was 20-7)

Go hokies!

HokieChamp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TO ratio is going to look at lot better after this game.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ronny vandyke making the play, nice forced fumble and cole recovers. should kneel it out. hope this performance carries over next week into clemson

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RVD w the forced fumble

rob_van_dam_hardcore_champion_by_paynexkiller-d38yqni.gif

Chrish1023

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he should start but, don't get too excited. He ran untouched for a touchdown. The oline made the big play, JCs speed made the touchdown. Holmes probably wouldn't of scored but Gregory might have. Keep in mind, Holmes is faster than he looks.

I know, but Holmes does nothing for me. All that people say is that "he does everything pretty well". First of all, "pretty well" is generous. Second, with how pitiful our line is, we need someone who can make shit happen. Holmes doesn't hit the holes hard enough nor is he explosive enough to do that.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know, but Holmes does nothing for me. All that people say is that "he does everything pretty well". First of all, "pretty well" is generous. Second, with how pitiful our line is, we need someone who can make shit happen. Holmes doesn't hit the holes hard enough nor is he explosive enough to do that.

Yeah I agree. He requires good blocking

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Wilson and Hosely were unbelievably important to this team. Hosely made the D-line better, Wilson made the O-line look decent with their run blocking. At least Coleman is somewhat of a replacement for Wilson

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the key with a weak and inexperienced secondary is pass rush, we finally got some today. we will have success if we continue to get after the qb, if not, we will sink like we did in the 1st quarter and most of the season on defense.

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The team made such a turnaround on both sides of the ball from the 1st quarter that you wonder what the real problem is. Is momentum that important? Does the D need the O to do something in order for it to get fired up and play to its potential? I would've bet everything I own that VT would NOT score 41 unanswered

VTfoozball

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
In both of long TD runs, Coleman ran untouched for TDs. Who's to say Holmes or Gregory wouldn't have made the same play?

Well Holmes wouldn't because he's not fast enough. The point is that Coleman and Gregory allow there to be some margin for error with the blocking

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
honestly, better than what i had assumed. looked like he shredded his knee in the replay, id take a broken ankle over torn knee ligaments all day

True, but I would think he is gone for the season anyway. Players could play with a broken hand, finger, etc. 300 lbs on a "not 100%" leg or foot". Doubt we will see Miller until the bowl game..at best.

Last edited by a moderator:

hokiegrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
congrats to JC on being our first 100-yd rusher this year!

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don't think he'll be our every down back next year unless he can bulk up even more. I think he and harris will be a two-headed monster. Too bad for Holmes but I don't think he's shown enough yet

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but I would think he is gone for the season anyway. Players could play with a broken hand, finger, etc. 300 lbs on a "not 100%" leg or foot". Doubt we will see Miller until the bowl game..at best.

im talking specifically about rehabbing it and being ready for next year. if he shredded his knee, who knows if hed be the same player next year. witha broken ankle im confident he will be good to go next year. with the knee, you never know.

m477hokie

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but what needs to happen for us to win the Coastal division?

UNC would be, but due to their regulations, they are out of the picture (and the team I was rooting for today). That leaves Miami, which, after the loss to UNC today, is 3-1 in the ACC. We are 2-1 in the ACC now.

Miami (3-1) remaining ACC schedule
-FSU
-Virginia Tech
-UVA
-@Duke

VT (2-1) remaining ACC schedule
-@Clemson
-@Miami
-FSU
-@BC
-WhoVA (0-3 ACC, maybe I should just add this and make us 3-1 ACC above)

This leaves a lot of scenarios that could play out. I think we have a decent shot at Clemson, but lets just say we lose and drop to 2-2, and Miami loses to FSU, putting them at 3-2.

Then, we play Miami on the road on a Thurs night game. A win for us makes us 3-3, with them at 3-3; a loss makes it 2-4 and 4-2, respectively. I think we win that, and both at 3-3, we play FSU, BC, and UVA - giving us 9 conference games. My question is, if we have the tie breaker, and we are 5-4 and Miami is 5-3, will we win via the head to head tiebreaker? Obviously this is not how it will likely play out, but I just like looking down the road. I think we probably win either Clemson or FSU if we can play a whole game like we did vs. Duke.

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also for as bad as we have been this season, if we beat miami then we are in the drivers seat in the coastal. unc edged miami today which is huge for us

Hokie Swagger

@hokieswagger
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm getting ahead of myself, but what needs to happen for us to win the Coastal division?

UNC would be, but due to their regulations, they are out of the picture (and the team I was rooting for today). That leaves Miami, which, after the loss to UNC today, is 3-1 in the ACC. We are 2-1 in the ACC now.

Miami (3-1) remaining ACC schedule
-FSU
-Virginia Tech
-UVA
-@Duke

VT (2-1) remaining ACC schedule
-@Clemson
-@Miami
-FSU
-@BC
-WhoVA (0-3 ACC, maybe I should just add this and make us 3-1 ACC above)

This leaves a lot of scenarios that could play out. I think we have a decent shot at Clemson, but lets just say we lose and drop to 2-2, and Miami loses to FSU, putting them at 3-2.

Then, we play Miami on the road on a Thurs night game. A win for us makes us 3-3, with them at 3-3; a loss makes it 2-4 and 4-2, respectively. I think we win that, and both at 3-3, we play FSU, BC, and UVA - giving us 9 conference games. My question is, if we have the tie breaker, and we are 5-4 and Miami is 5-3, will we win via the head to head tiebreaker? Obviously this is not how it will likely play out, but I just like looking down the road. I think we probably win either Clemson or FSU if we can play a whole game like we did vs. Duke.

huh? we only play 8 conference games so cant be 5-4. if we both end up 5-3 then the head to head game would be the tiebreaker. we need to beat miami. we beat them, we are in the drivers seat. if not, we are practically eliminated