• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 6 @ Chiefs

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Steeler Nation...we were once again let down watching our Steelers lose to another team that typically does not play much football in JAN.

Take nothing away from the Jags...they came in and played their game...to perfection. Add in 5 INTs and they deserved to win.

Well, it's time to move on to week 6. The Steelers have played a rather weak schedule to this point...that all changes this week as they travel to Kansas City to take on the 5-0 Chiefs who look strong on both sides of the ball in the early going.

They rank 1st in scoring OFC and 17th in scoring DEF. Having beaten, HOU, NE, and PHI, the Chiefs are a battle tested team including 3 wins on the road. KC has not been a major OFC threat under Alex Smith, but the rookie RB Kareem Hunt adds a big play guy...right now this kid is probably in the top 5 MVP race if the season were over today. Chris Jones is a big time DL two way player...much better inside pass rusher than many people realize. Couple with Houston on the edge, they can still get heat on the QB.

Injuries...the most concerning one at this point to me is Gilbert (hamstring). I'm not looking forward to Justin Houston vs Hubbard. One noteable on KC...Kelce (TE) concussion, as of today he's still in protocol...we'll have to watch that as the week winds down.

Outlook...coming off probably the worst OFC game I've seen the Steelers play in a long, long time at home...that must not sit well with them and historically Tomlin has gotten a much better response from his team after such an embarrassing loss.

I expect Ben and the Steelers to play better on both sides of this week, but I'm not expecting a win in KC.

Hate to predict a loss, so I won't pick the game. If Kelce doesn't play, I think their chances for a W increase a little, but Ben and to find the endzone.

What say you?

Last edited:

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben has to find the end zone or they have no chance. KC has a very bad pass defense which the Steelers need to exploit.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... No rhythm, not playing together as a team, no passion, highly penalized, very inconsistent, etc etc etc. Just don't see how this unit can rebound at this point. They have all the talent in the world to beat the KC defense, but I have almost zero faith in them to come together as a team right now. And I have even less faith in Todd Haley as a OC. Getting Gilbert back should be a huge boost so I'm praying for his return. They need to get better on 3rd downs & more importantly in the RZ. Tired of seeing this offense move the ball 70yds & kick FGs or get penalized out of FG range.

Defense... To me this is their biggest test thus far this season so we will really get to see what they are all about. KC boasts a lot of firepower with a very solid O-line. Hunt is stellar and I can guarantee the LBers will have issues with bringing him down. D-line needs to win in the trenches or they'll get gashed routinely. We know what Tyreek Hill & Travis Kelce can do to this team as well. Kelce will play. Only reason he was held out of the last game was he had a lapse in memory. Didn't ready anything about pains/dizziness/etc so I think he'll be fine. Alex Smith has been stretching the field a lot this season so it will be interesting to see how the secondary holds up.

Injuries...
Wednesday
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - DNP
Shazier (quad) - LP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP

Nothing really being reported on Foster & Pouncey so I'm assuming they were given a day of rest. Foster deferred the question about just that to Tomlin so it's probably true. From the sounds of it Tomlin was just being cautious with Shazier as well & givin him a day of rest. Had some tightness in his quad but was ready to practice in full capacity but Tomlin held him back. Ben usually has a vet day off on Wednesday but he was a full participant. GOOD.

Not enthused about this game one bit. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers pull off an upset there since they are the most bipolar team in the NFL.

Chiefs 36 - Steelers 17

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ben has to find the end zone or they have no chance. KC has a very bad pass defense which the Steelers need to exploit.

Peters has cooled off in terms of getting picks...has 1 so far this season...but Peters is still a very good CB, and so is Mitchell. Berry on IR at S....they're not terrible back there, but teams are racking up a lot of yards.

In the games I've seen, they don't have the same edge pressure they once did when Hali was at his peak, mostly Houston and Jones from inside now, and LB coverage is not great.

Speed is speed so it's hard to say their OFC is a fluke, but when you look at the pcs individually, Kelce is obviously a pro bowl caliber player, Hill in space is dangerous they know, but the wildcard is Hunt...he actually scares me more than anyone else.

Butler hasn't faced him and the last two rookie RBs of note that faced this DEF...one (the DAL kid) went over 200 and the other was damn near 200 and both were on home soil. Idk if he was a rookie, but the MIA RB torched the 1st time they saw him as well.

From a simple viewpoint, if they control the running game and get off the field on 3rd down this should be a good game in the 4Q.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense... No rhythm, not playing together as a team, no passion, highly penalized, very inconsistent, etc etc etc. Just don't see how this unit can rebound at this point. They have all the talent in the world to beat the KC defense, but I have almost zero faith in them to come together as a team right now. And I have even less faith in Todd Haley as a OC. Getting Gilbert back should be a huge boost so I'm praying for his return. They need to get better on 3rd downs & more importantly in the RZ. Tired of seeing this offense move the ball 70yds & kick FGs or get penalized out of FG range.

Defense... To me this is their biggest test thus far this season so we will really get to see what they are all about. KC boasts a lot of firepower with a very solid O-line. Hunt is stellar and I can guarantee the LBers will have issues with bringing him down. D-line needs to win in the trenches or they'll get gashed routinely. We know what Tyreek Hill & Travis Kelce can do to this team as well. Kelce will play. Only reason he was held out of the last game was he had a lapse in memory. Didn't ready anything about pains/dizziness/etc so I think he'll be fine. Alex Smith has been stretching the field a lot this season so it will be interesting to see how the secondary holds up.

Injuries...
Wednesday
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - DNP
Shazier (quad) - LP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP

Nothing really being reported on Foster & Pouncey so I'm assuming they were given a day of rest. Foster deferred the question about just that to Tomlin so it's probably true. From the sounds of it Tomlin was just being cautious with Shazier as well & givin him a day of rest. Had some tightness in his quad but was ready to practice in full capacity but Tomlin held him back. Ben usually has a vet day off on Wednesday but he was a full participant. GOOD.

Not enthused about this game one bit. But I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers pull off an upset there since they are the most bipolar team in the NFL.

Chiefs 36 - Steelers 17

My brother inlaw the KC fan living in No Cal (fortunately his area is not burning...yet) is salivating for this game. Wants revenge for the playoff game.

I'm not as sold on the KC OFC as the ranking appears to be...Reid will go off the grid so to speak to get his playmakers the ball, so you have to stay on you toes, but keeping Hunt under control is priority # 1.

For this game, his former team Haley will probably come out of his shell a little bit...maybe they score 2 TDs on OFC this game and get another 6 to 9 pts on FGs...any better than that and I'll be shocked.

Superbelt

Castigat ridendo mores
Hoopla Cash
$ 223.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bryant falling, and JuJu rising to #2.

Eli Rogers is climbing out of Mike Tomlin's doghouse

In April, they drafted JuJu Smith-Schuster from Southern California in the second round, and he and Rogers have competed for time in the slot.

The rookie has 12 catches for 160 yards and two touchdowns, Rogers had six for 54 and no scores before he was benched.

“He’s coming along great,” Rogers said of Smith-Schuster’s progress. “I think he’s doing a good job handling the next level. He plays slot, he plays inside and outside. So you know he’s been getting playing time. Obviously, I ain’t playing so he’s been doing great.

“I’m undrafted, so things are weighed a little different with me and I understand that.”

Roethlisberger, Tuesday on his 93.7 The Fan radio spot, suggested that Smith-Schuster could play more on the outside to give Martavis Bryant a break Sunday in Kansas City while Rogers plays in the slot.

That would be fine with Rogers.

“When God takes things out of your life that you love doing or takes something that brings joy to you and he kind of takes it out of your life for a second and gives you time to sit back and think of things, reflect, it definitely made me a better person on and off the field, a better professional.”

Bridgeburner

BASSHOLE
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's Limas time fellas!

Anyway. I expect Ben to get on track and the Steelers to make everyone wonder what the hell we were all worried about before. They do this every year.

Steelers 27 Chiefs 19

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'll believe it when I see it. Nothin more than cheap talk from Butler so nothing is concrete.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries...
Wednesday
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - DNP
Shazier (quad) - LP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP
Injury Update

Thursday Report
PIT
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - FP
Shazier (quad) - FP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP

KC
Conley (achilles) - DNP
Houston (calf) - DNP
Terrell (concussion) - DNP
Duvernay-Tardif (knee) - DNP
Morse (Foot) - LP
Wilson (Knee) - LP
Hill (Hamstring) - LP
Kelce (Concussion) - FP
Logan (Knee) - FP
Ford (Back) - FP

Guess Foster's back injury is worse than I thought. But he still seems optimistic sayin something along the lines of "Chiefs are familiar opponent which gives us vets more time to rest & still play on Sunday". Glad to see Gilbert didn't suffer any setbacks.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Injuries...
Wednesday
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - DNP
Shazier (quad) - LP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP

Injury Update

Thursday Report
PIT
Foster (back) - DNP
Pouncey (chest) - FP
Shazier (quad) - FP
Gilbert (hammy) - FP

KC
Conley (achilles) - DNP
Houston (calf) - DNP
Terrell (concussion) - DNP
Duvernay-Tardif (knee) - DNP
Morse (Foot) - LP
Wilson (Knee) - LP
Hill (Hamstring) - LP
Kelce (Concussion) - FP
Logan (Knee) - FP
Ford (Back) - FP

Final Report
PIT
Foster (back) - Questionable

KC
Conley (achilles) - Out
Terrell (concussion) - Out
Duvernay-Tardif (knee) - Out
Morse (Foot) - Out

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i get to watch it .. today .. could be a good thing or it could be a bad thing ... we shall see
I'll be watching as well. Really hoping to see the Steelers pull their heads outta their asses today

:pray:

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Ramon Foster today. Glad to have Gilbert back

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash