• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 17 vs Bengals

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should check out the highlight video of Harris that I posted in the Dri Archer thread. Ive been an avid supporter of his ever since they signed him to the PS back in September. He's very underrated and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people if he gets the start this Saturday.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You guys should check out the highlight video of Harris that I posted in the Dri Archer thread. Ive been an avid supporter of his ever since they signed him to the PS back in September. He's very underrated and I think he is going to surprise a lot of people if he gets the start this Saturday.

Totally agree with ya Face....

Just by size alone, at least he would be able to chip block a linebacker at 210,
At 170 Archer might be fast but who is he going to block??? The Kicker???

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea Archer needs to be specifically schemed for. As in, Haley needs to draw up specific plays for him. Something where he is not going to need to block anyone but rather get out in space and/or be a decoy. It had been completely obvious in the past when Haley would put him in that they were going to run the ball. He saw maybe 1 or 2 snaps per week and each were either draw plays or bubble screens so defenses knew what was coming every time he was in. Haley needs to do a better job if he wants to use him.

Harris... I agree, he definitely has better size to take on blocks. Surprisingly he runs in the 4.3-4.4 range so he's faster than he looks! Coach Saxon even stated that he was faster than Bell!

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I can't even see a use for him Face!! He is to small, maybe kickoffs and punt returns.
Shit Willie parker was small but even he went 209.

Archer wouldn't last a game with the work load of one of our running backs!!!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea I think Haley was thinking of his days in KC when he had McCluster. They found good use for him out of the slot. But in PIT, they have too many dangerous weapons at WR that they don't have room for Archer.

Sad to say, but Archer was an awful pick... I'm not going to say that he is a bust yet, because they haven't really tried to use him much. He wasn't that great on kickoff returns, so I guess he kind of is a bust at the moment.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I can't even see a use for him Face!! He is to small, maybe kickoffs and punt returns.
Shit Willie parker was small but even he went 209.

Archer wouldn't last a game with the work load of one of our running backs!!!

Hard to push back on that Psych b/c it's true...I don't think you want him touching 20+ times a gm

But...my contention with Archer has been he's never been allowed to get into the flow of the game...aside from a short stint on rtns, he gets a play here and there...10 touches or so and I think he can be a weapon still...with Bell likely out vs BAL Harris should get the brunt of the carries, but Archer's touches might be increased.

I'm a believer that speed kills in the NFL...maybe that drives my patience level with him...he's 16 games into this level of play.

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to push back on that Psych b/c it's true...I don't think you want him touching 20+ times a gm

But...my contention with Archer has been he's never been allowed to get into the flow of the game...aside from a short stint on rtns, he gets a play here and there...10 touches or so and I think he can be a weapon still...with Bell likely out vs BAL Harris should get the brunt of the carries, but Archer's touches might be increased.

I'm a believer that speed kills in the NFL...maybe that drives my patience level with him...he's 16 games into this level of play.

Agreed on this, his touches should most certainly increase. Give him a series or two early on or install him as a the third down back. There are plenty of ways to get him in the game now.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hold the phone... Ben Tate might be signed today

element1286

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How far Ben Tate has fallen. Would be a good insurance policy.

MISKO

STILLERS
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PITTSBURGH -- The Pittsburgh Steelers are preparing for life without injured running back Le'Veon Bell, so the team announced the signing of Ben Tate on Tuesday.

Coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday while the Steelers will "leave the light" on for the team MVP, they will "explore all options" heading into Saturday night's wild-card game against Baltimore. Bell suffered a hyperextended right knee in the third quarter of last week's win over Cincinnati. While Tomlin said there is no structural damage to the knee, Bell is in significant pain.

The Steelers signed Tate, the former Cleveland Browns back, on Tuesday. Tate was cut by the Browns in November and spent three weeks with Minnesota before being released.

Pittsburgh also expects to give rookies Josh Harris and Dri Archer a chance to rise to the top of the depth chart.

The Steelers released wide receiver Justin Brown to make room for Tate. Pittsburgh Steelers not ruling out Le'Veon Bell for wild-card game against Ravens | FOX Sports

we signed tate