• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Bengals vs. Jags - MNF

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After yesterday's action, the widlcard is wide open for the Bengals. Very clear path with a win tonight. Is it possible? You would have to pretty much ignore everything you've seen the last couple of weeks to believe this team can beat anyone outside of maybe the Pats or the Jets..... That said, what happens tonight? Blowout? Inspired effort ending in a loss? The Jaguars shitting the bed and bringing the Texans back in play for the South? AJ McCarron mopping it up with a few garbage time TDs and some fairly brisk ticket sales to watch him come back to earth next week?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jaguars just need to execute their game plan.

our defense is hurting a little bit, so Browning should get some stats trying to catch up in the passing game, especially since we can't run the ball.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the Jags have a clear cut advantage here, but having all the offensive weapons back on the field together for Browning is a good scenario. I worry about our secondary more than anything in this game. If we can get pressure on Lawrence and remove some of the coverage time required, I think it can be a close game. If we can't get pressure, I see more of what happened with Pittsburgh last week. Jags get ToP and total plays as much as Pittsburgh did, we lose by a whole lot more than 6.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've never seen a QB who holds the ball like Browning. I don't know whether I should be impressed with his ability to stand there and just take sacks, or baffled...

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hill should have had an endzone INT, but the WR did not catch that ball. It clearly moves as he hits the ground....

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one hates success like Taylor. Browning on FIRE. Run game ON TRACK. Must have WR throw passes....

Fucking make it stop....I'm getting really close to just fire Taylor as HC if he's not going to give up play calling...

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tyler Boyd just stood there, thought about it, and threw the ball to the other team.

umm... what the actual fuck?

fire every coach who thought that was a good idea, might need to bench Boyd as well.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrow has made up for a lot of short-comings of the play calling and nonsense.
Now forward passes were working too well, have to throw out screen after screen...

FFS...what is Taylor actually thinking?

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now forward passes were working too well, have to throw out screen after screen...

FFS...what is Taylor actually thinking?

I get that they were trying to be "creative"

but... even so, if I smear paint on a paper with my hand, that doesn't make me creative, that makes me dumb. if the right person does it though, it's avant-garde expression and worth a million dollars.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Taylor isnt fired tomorrow, dear god

that was the stupidest fucking thing I've seen in any sport.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
chevy chase christmas movies GIF

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! That was one of the most enjoyable Bengals games I have watched in the last couple of years. Yes, there was a lot of dumb shit going on with the trick plays..... But, what a night! The emotion about the Boyd play clearly was on display in this text thread, but Taylor and the coaches did a great job otherwise. And I have to believe that all of the gadgets and misdirections helped Browning and kept Jax off balance - even if they did almost ruin the game.

One other point - I was laughing about the idea that maybe Taylor calls all of this stupid shit every week and Burrow just audibles out of it because it's.... well, stupid. LOL

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor didn't throw that ball. Boyd could have said, you know what, Jags read the play, they got the play covered, I am just going to run the ball since I have 5 to 10 yards open in front of me. The coach may be calling t he play, but it is up to the players to execute the play or decide, you know what, this is not going to work right now, I am going to do what I can instead of compounding the issue.

Boyd could have ran, he could have just thrown the ball away. I know everyone is pissed at Taylor about that, but that was on Boyd and Boyd alone. Make better decisions. He has had a rough year. Dropped passes that win games, or extend drives, boneheaded plays like last night, etc. I like Tyler but he has done stuff he normally doesn't do.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow! That was one of the most enjoyable Bengals games I have watched in the last couple of years. Yes, there was a lot of dumb shit going on with the trick plays..... But, what a night! The emotion about the Boyd play clearly was on display in this text thread, but Taylor and the coaches did a great job otherwise. And I have to believe that all of the gadgets and misdirections helped Browning and kept Jax off balance - even if they did almost ruin the game.

One other point - I was laughing about the idea that maybe Taylor calls all of this stupid shit every week and Burrow just audibles out of it because it's.... well, stupid. LOL
I think you're right. if a guy is making that kind of money, he can take liberty with some decisions.

If Taylor really called those plays where Chase and Boyd were going to pass, someone needs to sit down and have a talk with him this morning. The margin for error in the NFL is not great, and there are some things you probably should not do. If you really want to get fancy, set up a formation with Tanner Hudson playing QB where he occassionally runs draw plays or throws, he is a former QB. the Saints did it a few years ago with moderate success with Taysom Hill.

jbuck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good game. the D has been a problem all year. Looks like we have nothing to lose. Kind of stress free ball now

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FFS...they can't even lose right to get better draft picks....LOL