• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mocks

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

The Bengals signed Karlos Dansby to be their second linebacker last offseason. Dansby wasn't horrible, but his play from 2015 definitely declined, and he's now a free agent anyway. Cincinnati could definitely target Reuben Foster at No. 9 overall, especially if it thinks he's the best player available.

Foster is obviously a stud linebacker worthy of being a top-10 selection. The only concern with him is that he has suffered multiple concussions already, but Marvin Lewis has repeatedly stated that he doesn't believe in concussions, so I don't think the Bengals will care.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford
The pick for Cincinnati could come down to deciding if a pass rusher makes more of an impact than Alabama linebacker Reuben Foster. If the lean is pass rusher, Thomas is the best one available. He can work the edge, and move inside in certain situations.

Should they draft a quarterback? AJ McCarron could get traded this offseason, so finding a backup to Andy Dalton may become a need. This is another team where Peterman would be a fit.

9. Cincinnati Bengals: Reuben Foster, LB, Alabama

After five straight playoff seasons, Cincinnati took a step back in 2016. The offense seems set, so look for them to address the defense. They could use another pass-rusher opposite Carlos Dunlap, or they could find another linebacker alongside Vontaze Burfict. If the latter, Alabama's Reuben Foster would be a fine choice. Foster is a complete inside linebacker and plays very aggressively in every phase. He's a brick wall against the run, can drop back in coverage to defend passes over the middle and get after the quarterback as a blitzer. He's an AFC North type of player and could be an immediate upgrade in the heart of the Bengals' defense.

9 Mike Williams WR Clemson
Williams would be a matchup nightmare playing on the opposite side of A.J. Green.

9 Cincinnati Derek Barnett* DE Tennessee 6' 3" 257

9 Cincinnati | Solomon Thomas | Stanford
The Bengals are in need of something special after such an abysmal season. That something special could and should be a dominant pass rusher. Ending the season with 33 sacks from a D-Line that's been considered one of the best in recent years is a complete letdown. They need help. Solomon Thomas is a tenacious player who is relentless when getting to the QB. Thomas could bring energy back to the D-Line that pretty much just coasted through the season on autopilot. Margus Hunt is on the bubble and Michael Johnson isn't physical enough to shed blocks. Atkins and Dunlap need support, and Thomas can answer that call. Cincinnati may consider trading down for more picks, which could help if Coach Lewis feels the need for depth outweighs a top-flight talent. Passing on Thomas would be hard considering his game-changing abilities and the possibility he could work his way onto the starting lineup fairly quickly. He would definitely upgrade the D-Line and generate competition amongst his peers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

9. Cincinnati Bengals: LB Reuben Foster, Alabama

1. Getting younger, faster and smarter at linebacker has to be a top-tier priority for the Cincinnati Bengals this offseason. Adding a plug-and-play stud like Reuben Foster accomplishes that in one pick.

Foster's range, instincts and tackling skill set are among the best you'll see at middle linebacker in college. He's tailor-made for the pro game with his speed to the edge and what he's been asked to do as the "Mike" linebacker for Alabama. Compared to former Alabama linebacker C.J. Mosley, I like Foster's upside and athleticism more.

The Bengals are well-positioned on the offensive line and with skill position players on offense, but fixing the defense will be something Marvin Lewis and his staff cannot ignore or put off.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be really worried about drafting a non pass-rushing linebacker in the top 10..... Particularly if the guy has concussion issues. Luke Kuechly is probably one concussion away from retirement..... Burfict might not be far behind. Linebackers with prior head injuries can't be a good thing.

I love the idea of either the kid from Stanford or the kid from Tennessee..... Haven't seen much of either, but I've read nice things. Sure would be nice to get a pass-rusher, particularly since Michael Johnson retired and forgot to tell everyone.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be really worried about drafting a non pass-rushing linebacker in the top 10..... Particularly if the guy has concussion issues. Luke Kuechly is probably one concussion away from retirement..... Burfict might not be far behind. Linebackers with prior head injuries can't be a good thing.

I love the idea of either the kid from Stanford or the kid from Tennessee..... Haven't seen much of either, but I've read nice things. Sure would be nice to get a pass-rusher, particularly since Michael Johnson retired and forgot to tell everyone.

I am good with whatever I suppose. My dream this year is we actually draft someone in the first round that has a chance of starting on opening day. I know, I know...I said it was a DREAM!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am good with whatever I suppose. My dream this year is we actually draft someone in the first round that has a chance of starting on opening day. I know, I know...I said it was a DREAM!

There are quite a few guys in the first round that would make great starting 'gunners' for our special teams next season.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are quite a few guys in the first round that would make great starting 'gunners' for our special teams next season.

That much is true I suppose. Sad that is the case. Man, wouldn't it be nice to have a rookie in the running for rookie of the year some day? Closest we have had to that is Dalton/Green then last year, Boyd got quite a few chances, but still much less than would have been needed for a rookie bid.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All of those mocks make too much sense. Clearly they don't know how the Bengals draft.

They will reach for a CB. Or some OL because they won't pay Kevin Zeitler with a mountain of cap space to use.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Problem with the Bengals is they think they can be competitive with the roster that they have. they have more holes than a swiss cheese factory.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Thomas is gone by 9. I can't imagine him dropping. Honestly not sure Foster drops either. Barnett is the guy I realistically think will be there and should be the pick. I don't want WR at 9. I wouldn't hate Fournette or Cook, but I think this draft is deep enough to get a good back later.