• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The 2018 Broncos: Schedule Predictions

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jags have way too good of a defense to consider them at this point a bottom feeder team in the division. But I would say they are the next closest division to what the AFC West is this year. IF the D crumbles, which hard to imagine that D will, then yeah of course.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Jags have way too good of a defense to consider them at this point a bottom feeder team in the division. But I would say they are the next closest division to what the AFC West is this year. IF the D crumbles, which hard to imagine that D will, then yeah of course.

I think the defense will hold, I just wonder how legit Bortles will be. Admittedly I have not followed their off season closely and it’s always possible Bortles just took longer to grow into his role as an NFL QB. That defense will kee them competent in 2018 regardless but if Bortles proves a one year wonder they may end up similar to the 2016 Broncos.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Besides me, I think you're the first one to say the Jaguars will be good this season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Besides me, I think you're the first one to say the Jaguars will be good this season.

They played in the AFC Championship game last year and gave the Patriots a run for their money. I would say they have proven themselves to be contenders for sure. That defense is about as strong as any in the NFL right now. With the AFC being down right now beyond maybe a couple of teams I just can't see the Jags falling off the face of the earth.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and if Fournette stays healthy they should have quite the run game... Bortles is Bortles but as long as they don't need him to "WIN" games they should be solid this year... They will get in trouble when the D does have a letdown and Bortles needs to make plays for them to win. But that shouldn't happen a HUGE amount with the D and run game they have.

Obviously barring injuries.

Racer8825

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They played in the AFC Championship game last year and gave the Patriots a run for their money. I would say they have proven themselves to be contenders for sure. That defense is about as strong as any in the NFL right now. With the AFC being down right now beyond maybe a couple of teams I just can't see the Jags falling off the face of the earth.

I don't think they will. I'm just glad there's finally a team who can keep up with the Patriots in the AFC. It's gonna be a fun season.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ummm.....check again. From nearly every expert to the casual fan, there is unanimous consensus that the Jaguars are a good team.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they will. I'm just glad there's finally a team who can keep up with the Patriots in the AFC. It's gonna be a fun season.

I think there are a few teams that can keep up with the Pats. I think they got worse this year. Lost a lot of players and Brady has to hit that old man wall at some point right? I would put the Steelers, Jags, Chargers, and maybe Texans if their QB plays at the level he did last year as all teams that could knock the Pats off the top of the ledge.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are a few teams that can keep up with the Pats. I think they got worse this year. Lost a lot of players and Brady has to hit that old man wall at some point right? I would put the Steelers, Jags, Chargers, and maybe Texans if their QB plays at the level he did last year as all teams that could knock the Pats off the top of the ledge.

Yeah, I actually think the Patriots are going to struggle this year (finally). Competition is catching up and Father Time is undefeated.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I actually think the Patriots are going to struggle this year (finally). Competition is catching up and Father Time is undefeated.

I still have them winning the East by quite a bit since well 2 of the teams are starting rookies at QB and Miami just had to cut away quite a few productive players to get their cap situation back under control. A new wave of AFC East opponents though could be in the works if one or both of the rookie QB's work out.

I would also add that Brady has been one of the more fortunate QB's injury wise. Most QB's have suffered more issues by this point. He has done well to take care of himself but like you said Father Time is undefeated and that luck can't hold out forever.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thought of a new generation of AFC elites is intriguing to me. There are some potential up and coming QBs and guys like Ben and Brady are on their way out within the next couple seasons. The thought of the Jaguars emerging as one of the perennial contenders is a refreshing change of pace. As long as the Broncos stay on top of them, of course!

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They may continue to dominate against teams in their own division but as for the rest of their schedule, I look for the Patriots to realize a drop off. Maybe this is the year that they only win 10 games or less. (would be nice to call a "down" year only 10 wins, huh?)

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The thought of a new generation of AFC elites is intriguing to me. There are some potential up and coming QBs and guys like Ben and Brady are on their way out within the next couple seasons. The thought of the Jaguars emerging as one of the perennial contenders is a refreshing change of pace. As long as the Broncos stay on top of them, of course!

I have a hard time seeing the Jags stay on top though. Elite defenses are much harder to keep together. They need to upgrade Bortles before really being considered a consistent contender over say the next 5-10 years.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eventually the D falls apart via free agency. Offense seems a little easier to plug guys in your scheme and if you find that elite QB you pay him big money and keep plugging away as players leave...

Defense falls away much faster once money and or age starts to be a factor.

randymon

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weren't they predicting AFC West a " really Strong " division last year as well ????? We'll see.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel like the AFC West was sorta a question mark going into last year too. Sort of the same boat. People weren't real sure what to expect from the Chargers and the Chiefs. Some were still high on the Raiders from the previous year. The Raiders schedule the year before really had me thinking they could be in for a letdown year last year. I wasn't sure what to expect with anyone in that division last year. We knew it probably wouldn't be pretty on offense again, but I think we remained hopeful that our D could carry us more then they were able to last year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw on the ESPN ticker that Hunter Henry tore his ACL and is out for the year.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They might bring back Gates or one of the other vet TEs out there. I don't think they will rely on Virgil.