• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 15 @ Bengals

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any chance Marvin Lewis gets canned? Seems like he's been on the hot seat for 3ish years now. I'm sure this is preaching to the choir... But the Bengals have always been an extremely talented group, just lacking proper leadership. The offense still has a young nucleus (Dalton, Green, Eifert, Bernard/Hill, etc), and the defense has a ton of talent. Not hard to believe the Bengals would be back on top competing for the division crown as soon as next year.

The general consensus among Bengal fans is that we're stuck with Lewis until he decided to hang it up. Mike Brown is happy with the product and he's loyal. It sucks because this team could probably make a pretty good rebound under the right coaching staff. As it stands, the players are defending Lewis - And why wouldn't they? They run the joint..... He just apologizes for them.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's fitting that our 3.0 yard a carry running back is talking about towels and not talking about football. It pretty much defines the 2016 Bengals - All bark, no bite.

I've been a Bengal fan for my entire life, so it goes without saying that I'm used to being disappointed. But this year's version of the Bengals is the worst version I have ever seen. They actually make me miss those talent-less 90s teams. You guys saw firsthand what this team is about..... Enough talent to play ball, but when things get tough they fold like a tent. Bunch of gutless shit-talkers that aren't good enough to back up their loud mouths. They've taken on the personality of their coach and captains and it's ugly.

Best of luck the rest of the year. I'll be rooting against you guys, because that's what I do.... But best of luck nonetheless.

I think because of the lack of success in the playoffs, and perhaps (probably) the Steelers players rubbing their nose in it, the Bengals (players) have more of an edge vs the Steelers than any other team. They just can't hold it together for 60 mins against them.

I think Lewis would be a good fit for the Jags...a team that needs some development, but he's taken the Bengals as far as he can...it's time the FO take off the blinders and quit settling for just being pretty good, but not good enough.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think because of the lack of success in the playoffs, and perhaps (probably) the Steelers players rubbing their nose in it, the Bengals (players) have more of an edge vs the Steelers than any other team. They just can't hold it together for 60 mins against them.

I think Lewis would be a good fit for the Jags...a team that needs some development, but he's taken the Bengals as far as he can...it's time the FO take off the blinders and quit settling for just being pretty good, but not good enough.
Or not so they keep losing to the Steelers!!!

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think the Steelers simply represent Marvin's kryptonite..... The Steelers are generally a good, playoff team. Playing against them will always be a big game because it will always have consequences for the playoffs. Mavin can't win those games. Even over the past 5 years when we've made the playoffs every year, we generally feasted off bad and average teams and sucked against top 10 or top 12 teams. You can make the playoffs if you do this - You just can't win. They implode in big moments because they are mentally weak..... Like their coach.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Steelers simply represent Marvin's kryptonite..... The Steelers are generally a good, playoff team. Playing against them will always be a big game because it will always have consequences for the playoffs. Mavin can't win those games. Even over the past 5 years when we've made the playoffs every year, we generally feasted off bad and average teams and sucked against top 10 or top 12 teams. You can make the playoffs if you do this - You just can't win. They implode in big moments because they are mentally weak..... Like their coach.

Trust me...living here in ATL the last 20 yrs...I've seen playoff implosions. Lewis and Mike Smith (Falcons HC prior to Quinn) were on at least one staff together. They have a lot in common when it comes to not winning big games.

IMO..Lewis is not a bad HC...much like Smith was not a bad HC imo, but sometimes players just need another voice in the room...whether they want it or not. I think this is more on the Brown's than it is on Lewis at this point...they are settling.