• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Week 14... Bengals

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we needed the jets to lose so our chances at getting a w/c slot is improved .. btw after that game i will feel slimy and probably have to douse myself with a 5 gallon can of diesel fuel just to get the stench off of me
lol... Certainly the Jets loss would help, but there's a new scenario that was just gift wrapped to us this last week that not many people have considered.

The Raiders beating the Broncos gave the Chiefs the better divisional record over the Broncos!

The Chiefs now only have one divisional loss to the Broncos 2. The Chiefs are currently 2 games behind the Denver Broncos but would win the tiebreaker if the Broncos lost 2 games. The Steelers do not have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs but if the Steelers win out, they would end up having the tiebreaker over the Broncos if the Broncos dropped 2.

The Broncos losing 2 games over the final stretch honestly might be more likely than the Chiefs losing 1 when you look at their schedule. The Broncos have to go to Pittsburgh and then they have the Bengals in Denver.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. Speaking of the Jets... How bout that team? Pretty crazy how good they have been playing. Fitzpatrick is playing like a perennial pro bowler. Haven't even heard the name Geno Smith in what feels like ages, for good reason. Marshall & Decker are definitely one of the top 5 WR duos in the league. Stats don't lie! Add in a bruising Chris Ivory, and a top 10 defense... Nasty. I see them giving NE a better run for their money next week.

Jets...them losing definitely helps matters...all of the playoff talk is NYJ in the 6th slot, but the reality is PIT still controls their own destiny...if NYJ & PIT both win out...the current conference record tie breaker is removed and the 3rd tie breaker kicks in and PIT is ahead on strength of schedule.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought we needed the jets to lose so our chances at getting a w/c slot is improved .. btw after that game i will feel slimy and probably have to douse myself with a 5 gallon can of diesel fuel just to get the stench off of me

Well...you're right...the Jets losing does help, but if both teams win out, PIT gets the nod over the Jets because of the 3rd tie breaker kicking in.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol... Certainly the Jets loss would help, but there's a new scenario that was just gift wrapped to us this last week that not many people have considered.

The Raiders beating the Broncos gave the Chiefs the better divisional record over the Broncos!

The Chiefs now only have one divisional loss to the Broncos 2. The Chiefs are currently 2 games behind the Denver Broncos but would win the tiebreaker if the Broncos lost 2 games. The Steelers do not have the tiebreaker over the Chiefs but if the Steelers win out, they would end up having the tiebreaker over the Broncos if the Broncos dropped 2.

The Broncos losing 2 games over the final stretch honestly might be more likely than the Chiefs losing 1 when you look at their schedule. The Broncos have to go to Pittsburgh and then they have the Bengals in Denver.

I haven't given the W DIV much thought, but this streak has KC back in the picture I see. Just gotta keep winning and PIT is in.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't given the W DIV much thought, but this streak has KC back in the picture I see. Just gotta keep winning and PIT is in.
Crazy right? All along we've been hoping for a KC loss, but now we could benefit from them winning out if DEN loses 2 straight to PIT & CIN.

But yea, too many scenarios that need to play out. Still 3 weeks to play so a lot can happen. Focus on winning out and let the cards fall where they may.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like insurance so if the jets and kc should lose a game or 2 that would make me happy

Me as well. But Tomlin's teams seem to play better when they're backs are against the wall.

I hate paying for insurance industry in general but that one time in a 20 yrs when you need it you're glad you have it....maybe NE and BAL will buy a little insurance for us this week!

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yup. Not unlike the feeling I had, rooting for the Rat Birds over SF in the SB. I hated that, but didn't want the 9ers to tie us with 6 Lombardis.

BTW, whiskey does a good job of cutting that sliminess.