• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bengals 2024 Schedule

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@Pittsburgh in Week 18. Should be a good chance for Jake Browning to brush off some dust as our starters rest for the playoffs.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good I could go to that game
My understanding is that Giants fans are a good bunch to watch a game with...... A stark contrast to Jets fans.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of the Jets..... The league has a short memory. After Rodgers went out in Week 1, this team was absolutely painful to watch. So, lets put them on primetime 6 times.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaks say Bengals are opening at home against the Patriots. Could be a tough day for the offense given Zac Taylor's philosophy that they shouldn't actually practice during the summer paired with a very good New England D..... But the Patriots will be a work in progress on offense. They could be starting Jacoby Brisset over Drake Maye at this juncture of the season. Regardless, this is a good spot to start 1-0.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaks say Bengals are opening at home against the Patriots. Could be a tough day for the offense given Zac Taylor's philosophy that they shouldn't actually practice during the summer paired with a very good New England D..... But the Patriots will be a work in progress on offense. They could be starting Jacoby Brisset over Drake Maye at this juncture of the season. Regardless, this is a good spot to start 1-0.
We will see if that defense is the same without Bill.

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ah man we have two TNF games according to leaks. Week 10 @ Balt

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5 Prime time Games + 3 Nationally televised games + Denver and Pitt at end of season not scheduled, and I can see the Pitt game getting flexed to prime time if the records warrant it. Gonna be staying up late a lot this season. Uhggg. Only the Monday Night game against Dallas interferes with my league night.

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is that Giants fans are a good bunch to watch a game with...... A stark contrast to Jets fans.
My understanding is most Giants fans are older and prefer 1pm games, so getting tickets for a night game should be easy.

Also looking to go to the Dallas game and possibly the opener. Anyone else?

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My understanding is most Giants fans are older and prefer 1pm games, so getting tickets for a night game should be easy.

My family has get togethers and lots of food and drinks during game days. We like to party like its 1999 during game day. So we don't go to games. We let the younger folks with money go to the games. We love having a Bengals supporter in NY Alf!

BurrowDeep2Chase

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I will be taking the wife to Nashville for the 3rd year in a row.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any lines have come out yet...but if I were setting them now - probably put the win total at 10.5.

Bengals are going to have to show: 1 - they can start fast. A big issue under Taylor, though the first few games stack up well (outside of KC) and getting Bmore 1st at home. 2 - They can stay healthy. A healthy Burrow will go a long way to winning some of these toss-up games. 3 - shore up the defense that was giving up nearly 6yards a play last year. Will the DL overhaul work? Will the secondary's experience finally start to shine? Lou is a good X's and O's coach, but last year was a real downer in a lot of areas. I think we'll see a better result this year just from adding Stone and having more experience in the 2ndary with guys now going into year 2 and/or year 3 - and not relying on any rookies to have to step up in this area.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The three games in 10 days thing stands out as new for this team.... But, we've seen other teams have similar schedules - You just have to deal with it.

Only 4 games outside of Eastern Time Zone. One of those is in Nashville, which is one of the shortest road trips of the season. Another is KC, which isn't much of a trip and it's in week 2. No international games and only one west coast game which is immediately followed by a bye week. Hard to complain about our team's ability to stay fresh with this schedule (even with the first point about three games in 10 days).

A lot of bad quarterbacks or inexperienced quarterbacks on deck this year. Brisset/Maye, the midget in Charlotte, Daniels, Daniel Jones, the artist formerly known as Desheaun Watson x2, O'Connell/Minshew, Wilson/Fields x2, Nix..... Entirely possible that one of these young guys is the new CJ Stroud. Or that one of the old guys has a Flacco like resurgence. But, the odds are still in our favor that we're playing some bad quarterbacks this year. Good year to show improvement from our secondary and pass rush.

We say it every year, but we probably need to start fast. Too many potential wins on the table in those first 8 to go any less than 5-3 and if we're going to be contenders I would say 6-2.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if any lines have come out yet...but if I were setting them now - probably put the win total at 10.5.

Bengals are going to have to show: 1 - they can start fast. A big issue under Taylor, though the first few games stack up well (outside of KC) and getting Bmore 1st at home. 2 - They can stay healthy. A healthy Burrow will go a long way to winning some of these toss-up games. 3 - shore up the defense that was giving up nearly 6yards a play last year. Will the DL overhaul work? Will the secondary's experience finally start to shine? Lou is a good X's and O's coach, but last year was a real downer in a lot of areas. I think we'll see a better result this year just from adding Stone and having more experience in the 2ndary with guys now going into year 2 and/or year 3 - and not relying on any rookies to have to step up in this area.
I know strength of schedule doesn't mean much and things don't work the way they look on paper..... But, this is a team that won 9 games last year with a defense that completely imploded and the star quarterback playing some semblance of healthy in about 5.5 games. Oh, and one of the hardest schedules in the league. Reasonable improvements on defense combined with a healthy Burrow and the shaky quarterbacks on the schedule should allow for 11 wins at least.

That said, I think 10.5 is the gambling line - And there will be plenty of action on the under from people assuming that Burrow can't stay healthy.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know strength of schedule doesn't mean much and things don't work the way they look on paper..... But, this is a team that won 9 games last year with a defense that completely imploded and the star quarterback playing some semblance of healthy in about 5.5 games. Oh, and one of the hardest schedules in the league. Reasonable improvements on defense combined with a healthy Burrow and the shaky quarterbacks on the schedule should allow for 11 wins at least.

That said, I think 10.5 is the gambling line - And there will be plenty of action on the under from people assuming that Burrow can't stay healthy.
Agreed. I put very little thought into the actual schedule because things can change rapidly. A QB goes down, a guy has an All-Pro season, etc..etc...the schedule rarely, if ever, is the same as it is when it is released.

I think my concerns are more about the health of Burrow - can he stay healthy, and the emergence of guys on this defense. The secondary will be in year 2/3 of Lou's scheme, which should help a TON. Adding 2 big guys at DT to rotate in with Hill and Rankins is also a big move. If Murphy can take the next step - and if Stone adds more veteran presence to that back end secondary (and the return of Bell to help with experience and knowledge of the system) I think the defense will be much better than last year...

But until Burrow shows he's healthy, and this defense shows it has improved...I remain skeptical...they'll get into that 10 win area, as you said they won 9 last year with a "healthy" Burrow for about 4 games and with a defense that was really asked to do more than it was ready to do...but you got to do it...

alf8478

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My family has get togethers and lots of food and drinks during game days. We like to party like its 1999 during game day. So we don't go to games. We let the younger folks with money go to the games. We love having a Bengals supporter in NY Alf!
Actually I'm in Connecticut. One of the very few.