• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 14, 2015: Lions @ Rams

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Donald with 11 sacks and Gurley with 975 yards so far is something to cheer for! But just imagine if our defense were healthy and our o-line were respectable, these numbers would be higher!

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it's fair to say Bradford wasn't the answer. If you remember he was on a career high performance before he blew out his knee. So how can we say he wouldn't do just fine on this BETTER team with Gurley and Donald? My point is he's exactly what we need right now. A better then ave QB that is smart with the ball.

Time to put down the :doobs:

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis game shows that a little help from the defense can go a long way and good run blocking for a RB, along with a stud RB can beat good teams. QB = game manager works.

Lions are a pretty decent team. They dam near beat Green Bay twice this year.

Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley were solid!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And because we are so bad in other areas, we are going to wear-out those two and in a couple of years, we will be right back to where we are now.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And because we are so bad in other areas, we are going to wear-out those two and in a couple of years, we will be right back to where we are now.

Yes we need more studs!! Which is exactly why you draft BPA and not draft a project based on a need.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No not a Philly fan. Just saw the score. Shop is pissed I bet. Bradford wooping that ass.

Pissed at the "big play" that put Philly in position for the winning FG. Clear pick play where both the picker and pickee were injured, yet the refs still couldn't recognize it? All they do is talk about how pick plays are a point of emphasis.....SMH.

BTW, Sam was outplayed by Tyrod. Bills and their stupid penalties, it's really getting ridiculous.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
THis game shows that a little help from the defense can go a long way and good run blocking for a RB, along with a stud RB can beat good teams. QB = game manager works.

Lions are a pretty decent team. They dam near beat Green Bay twice this year.

Aaron Donald and Todd Gurley were solid!
Yes. And now we see how much better the Defense plays when the offense gives them a little help.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. And now we see how much better the Defense plays when the offense gives them a little help.

It definitely helps to establish and play to your team identity. Take this base and build upon it.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's making #2 pick money. Position doesn't come into slotted salaries. Average salary of about $5.3M/year.
So an average LT or even poor LT makes as much as a pro bowl LT. As long as they come from the same round. And rookie vs vet doesn't come in to play or bonus. Cool.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So an average LT or even poor LT makes as much as a pro bowl LT. As long as they come from the same round. And rookie vs vet doesn't come in to play or bonus. Cool.

He's the #20 LT in terms of pay and still on his rookie deal. Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. Rookies get paid for where they were drafted for as long as is guaranteed by the contract. You're predicting good play by drafting him #2 overall. After that, they are paid by performance and/or market value.

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

It could be MUCH worse; he could be making Bradford-esque money in the old draft pick pay system (no rookie pay scale).

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Offense gave them ZERO help in the first half. Trumaine Johnson gave the whole team some help, then Gurley took over in the 2nd half - I would feel pretty shitty if I was on that offense and the defense was outscoring me. It would make me want to step up.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the #20 LT in terms of pay and still on his rookie deal. Your statement makes no sense whatsoever. Rookies get paid for where they were drafted for as long as is guaranteed by the contract. You're predicting good play by drafting him #2 overall. After that, they are paid by performance and/or market value.

Left Tackle Contracts and Salaries | Over The Cap

It could be MUCH worse; he could be making Bradford-esque money in the old draft pick pay system (no rookie pay scale).

My original post was in response to UVAguy wanting to move our LT back to guard. So it does make sense if you follow the thread. Now guard maybe his normal position. But he is being paid closer to top end LT which make a little over 7mil. Average lineman makes about 1.2mil. So yeah it makes a difference wear we start him money wise.

Rambunctious

9er hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Offense gave them ZERO help in the first half. Trumaine Johnson gave the whole team some help, then Gurley took over in the 2nd half - I would feel pretty shitty if I was on that offense and the defense was outscoring me. It would make me want to step up.
That is why I said a little help. They did better on 3rd down in the 2nd half and moved the ball...Gurley and the Defense did the rest. Hope they can do it again next Thursday.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My original post was in response to UVAguy wanting to move our LT back to guard. So it does make sense if you follow the thread. Now guard maybe his normal position. But he is being paid closer to top end LT which make a little over 7mil. Average lineman makes about 1.2mil. So yeah it makes a difference wear we start him money wise.

Well I think if he turned into a stud guard, and never developed as a LT, I would be fine with him making the money he is making. He is getting it either way, so we might as well have a good guard out of it instead of a shitty LT?

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well I think if he turned into a stud guard, and never developed as a LT, I would be fine with him making the money he is making. He is getting it either way, so we might as well have a good guard out of it instead of a shitty LT?

I agree. I'd rather him help the team at a position he's comfortable at and a lot better at instead of trying to keep trotting him out there at a position he's not nearly as good at and hope that eventually something will click with him.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams now have the right side of the line set with Havenstein and Wichmann or Brown. Wichmann has been playing pretty darn good since he stepped in the RG spot. Move GRob inside to LG and either insert Donnal at LT or draft one this year. Use Saffold as a back-up since his body is done or cut him outright and get rid of Reynolds and Rhaney both of whom are completely useless.

ozarkram

Animale rurale
Hoopla Cash
$ 190.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I get that. But my understanding is he was drafted to play LT. Of course this was going to be a learning process for him. And he still may get it. One of the arguments used against our former QB was that we can not keep paying this guy this kind of money for the production we are getting. Same thing here with an almost equally important position. We cant have it both ways. :suds:

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
GRob is actually a reflection of this organization and his HC. He was selected with alot of promises, moved to another position with more promises in yet another project approach, is getting paid way too much to look and play horribly, and we are told to be patient, the results will come. GRob has been here two years and he is getting worse, not better and all those promises remain unfulfilled. Sound familiar?

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get that. But my understanding is he was drafted to play LT. Of course this was going to be a learning process for him. And he still may get it. One of the arguments used against our former QB was that we can not keep paying this guy this kind of money for the production we are getting. Same thing here with an almost equally important position. We cant have it both ways. :suds:

Whoaaaaaa! Easy there, Robinson is making no where near the money that Bradford did, and his contract isnt crippling us like Bradfords, yes yiu need a LT that is going to keep yiur QB upright, but obviously QB is way more important than LT