• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 19, Wildcard Weekend, Postseason, The Los Angeles Rams @ The Detroit Lions, Ford Field, 01/14/2024, 5:00PM PST

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, well Raheemshitferbrains is going to get a HC shot and McShitferBrains will hire Staley again!
Hope so, Staley obviously HC is not the job for Staley, but he "was" a good DC??

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good game. So many Rams got hurt. Secondary needs some help. Stafford played a helluva game.

Goff is still a good game manager when he has the best Oline in the NFL and some weapons. But when he gets heat he still is trash and will be exposed once again
Secondary needs help? they all need to be replaced!!!

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good year, very unexpected!

Everyone bashing McVey, I like the guy, but ya he does some questionable things!I If you look at other teams sites, their fans are constantly bashing their HC for the same things! They also bitch about their best player being held the whole game, Garret, Bosa, Watt, Parsons, and they do, Donald is held a lot. But at the same time that just means other players should be one on one, Like a few plays I saw 3 guys on Donald, that means other guys need to win their one on one! the Lions have one of the better olines so I can see that, but as I said before against Washington who gave up 85 sacks the Rams only got to him ONCE!!!

Yes I like McVey but you would think based on past games he would adjust! Earlier in the year against Cincinnati who has one of the worst run defenses in the league he ran the ball 6 times in the first half!!! Same thing with PITT, should have won both of those games, and if so possibly playing a home game in the playoffs!!

going into the Detroit game I hoped we would win but expected to lose, mainly because Lions have good skill players and our DB's are horrible. Ive said all year to many big plays given up, especially on 3rd and 4th downs!!!!! Lions had at least 14 plays of at least 9 yards, thats unacceptable!!!!

Just glad it didnt come down to a missed 40 yard FG, that would have summed up our year!!!!!!!!!!! but would have been cool if we won it on a last second FG considering our ST sucked all year!!

obviously our D needs a reboot. Tuner, Young, Jones are good young players to go along with Donald, but almost EVERYWHERE else needs a TOTAL upgrade!!

Hopefully next year Cupp is toally healthy ( I really think he never was this year) Williams and Puka may have had career years, but hopefully they still have solid years next year! Hopefully Puka wins ROY, he should with all the rookie records, but I can see them "giving" it to Stroud just because he is a QB!!

Football is over, now pitchers and cacthers report next month, Go Dodgers!!!

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is obvious that this Campbell fella coaches thuggery. Maybe they should fine him and/or take draft picks but maybe he will think about changing his tactics. Maybe. Sonofabitch just destroyed a guy's career.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should tell Campbell Joseph was looking at the damn ground.

He didn’t know what he was hitting.
That video makes it confusing. When you see the full thing it's a little more obvious what he was saying.

He was asked if he thought Joseph's hit was too low and if it was dirty or something like that. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was asking if it was dirty for being low. He responded. No that's how we teach it, he just needs to keep his head up and see what he hits. He was aiming at the thigh pads.

Meaning Campbell doesn't consider it dirty for being low. But he does need to keep his head up.

Personally I'm not sure. You go headhunting and you get fined. You go shoulder height a day he bends down and you accidentally hit him in the head and you still get fined. Too low and you get hurdled. So your aiming point to tackle these days is like waist to knee. He hit him above the knee not square on it. That to me isn't dirty. But it's not real clean either. I know if I was trying to tackle a 270 pound guy and I was 205 or whatever their weights are I would go low too. I know if I was 270 pound guy or the one throwing him the ball I would want the rule to be that you can only take me on above the waist.

But I'm not the best person to ask. I was raised where if your QB threw you a ball like that and stretched you up vertically while a Safety was closing hard like that.... you'd blame it on the QB for hanging you out to dry. At least you would once you woke up.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think it was intentional. Guys now a days following the Deon Sanders school of tackling" even though Sanders wasnt a good tackler! everyone tries to tackle with their shoulder instead of wrapping a guy up with their arms, Rams do this alot and in the end the guy gets another 10 yards!!

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference is one guy got hurt. DB's going low on a TE is nothing new, in fact I think it's probably the standard now. Just luck whether your leg is planted or not, not like a tackler can time when the legislation planted.

DETAKDHUPJEZNACDM4EQWWJXLQ.jpeg.jpg

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only difference is one guy got hurt. DB's going low on a TE is nothing new, in fact I think it's probably the standard now. Just luck whether your leg is planted or not, not like a tackler can time when the legislation planted.

View attachment 351915

There's a big difference. Durant is tackling a guy that already has the ball and is a well established runner. Higbee was still in the process of making a catch and largely blind to the hit.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem is when ppl make so many changes to these rules in lieu of player safety then what do you expect a player to do??? This game happens so fast, can't hit high etc... how do you expect a 190 lb db to tackle a 260 lb TE?

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Someone should tell Campbell Joseph was looking at the damn ground.

He didn’t know what he was hitting.
The full quote from Campbell is saying Kerby not looking up is what he would change. He did not claim he was.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a big difference. Durant is tackling a guy that already has the ball and is a well established runner. Higbee was still in the process of making a catch and largely blind to the hit.
Not to mention, before the picture was taken LaPorta was giving Durant a stiff arm which forced him to the ground.