• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Week 19, Wildcard Weekend, Postseason, The Los Angeles Rams @ The Detroit Lions, Ford Field, 01/14/2024, 5:00PM PST

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks for blowing the game McDipshit.... wasted a brilliant effort by the BEAST PUKA.

LOL. Blame McVay for being aggressive with calling passes when behind, but laud Detroit for calling a short pass to enable them to run out the clock. Classic.

Reactions: DJ

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good game. So many Rams got hurt. Secondary needs some help. Stafford played a helluva game.

Goff is still a good game manager when he has the best Oline in the NFL and some weapons. But when he gets heat he still is trash and will be exposed once again

Goff played well in the first half. Then again, most pro QBs will when you have all day to throw.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a great game and rough loss but the Rams have nothing to be ashamed of after starting the season 3-6. They could have mailed it in but didn't.

3 red zone drives ending in FGs is tough to swallow. What wasn't tough to swallow apparently were the ref's whistles, which they continually swallowed except for that questionable offensive holding penalty. Shouldn't expect anything better though I guess. Luckily for the NFL, the other 3 games this weekend weren't close enough for the refs to make a sizable impact.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 red zone drives ending in FGs is tough to swallow. What wasn't tough to swallow apparently were the ref's whistles, which they continually swallowed except for that questionable offensive holding penalty. Shouldn't expect anything better though I guess. Luckily for the NFL, the other 3 games this weekend weren't close enough for the refs to make a sizable impact.
Sure, but that happens.

Still not a bad season after a rough start.

The Rams showed a lot of fight and heart the latter part of rh season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, but that happens.

Still not a bad season after a rough start.

The Rams showed a lot of fight and heart the latter part of rh season.

I didn't see them going far this post season anyway, but that game was there for the taking. That will always sting, regardless of expectations.

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL. Blame McVay for being aggressive with calling passes when behind, but laud Detroit for calling a short pass to enable them to run out the clock. Classic.
Well aren't you captain obvious?? Why would i fault the coach for passing when we are behind...did you not watch the game at all? 1st Drive was solid and got us all the way to the red zone only for this bumbling idiot to call 3 straight pass plays. If you cannot see that this coach gets in his own way 60% of the time then you are just as delusional as he is. Why pass when you you were running effectively?

Seriously what genius of a coach doesn't game plan the #2 best runner in the league some plays? Why is it so fucking hard to run the damn ball consistently?? I'll tell you why because he has a QB that has an arm and all he cares about is throwing the football. An color commentator will tell you that you cannot simply just go pass pass pass pass. Too damn stubborn to see the teams mishaps falls at his feet. Players execute the best when put in position to succeed.

On a side note... I have no objection to Detroit's play there, why would they run it on 3rd down and give Stafford 1 more shot to win it with only a 1pt lead and just at 2 mins to play. Seriously?? Who doesn't call a pass play there against these shitty corners and that weak ass pass rush? AS a matter of fact i'd probably throw it in the direction of that 300 lb DT playing out of position knowing he can't cover for shit.

Last edited:

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope Morris is gone asap.

Secondary needs rebuilt badly, as does the pass rush which is pretty non-existent.

And we need a legit LT and new RT as Havenstein continues to get beat.

That’s a lot to address for 1 off-season.
Not even mentioning players who could call it quits aka Stafford and Donald

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well aren't you captain obvious?? Why would i fault the coach for passing when we are behind...did you not watch the game at all? 1st Drive was solid and got us all the way to the red zone only for this bumbling idiot to call 3 straight pass plays. If you cannot see that this coach gets in his own way 60% of the time then you are just as delusional as he is. Why pass when you you were running effectively?

Seriously what genius of a coach doesn't game plan the #2 best runner in the league some plays? Why is it so fucking hard to run the damn ball consistently?? I'll tell you why because he has a QB that has an arm and all he cares about is throwing the football. An color commentator will tell you that you cannot simply just go pass pass pass pass. Too damn stubborn to see the teams mishaps falls at his feet. Players execute the best when put in position to succeed.

On a side note... I have no objection to Detroit's play there, why would they run it on 3rd down and give Stafford 1 more shot to win it with only a 1pt lead and just at 2 mins to play. Seriously?? Who doesn't call a pass play there against these shitty corners and that weak ass pass rush? AS a matter of fact i'd probably throw it in the direction of that 300 lb DT playing out of position knowing he can't cover for shit.

Some earlier drives, sure. When he did run Kyren in the red zone, the Lions stuffed him (Lions' top 3 tacklers are all linebackers, who are strengthened in a compressed area like the red zone. Kyren also missed some time with a hand injury (his left hand was heavily taped). Context is important. There were some screen passes in that mix as well.

IMO, if you want to criticize McVay, it would be continuing to target Kupp in the end zone when he was not getting open.

Detroit threw on 2nd down, not 3rd. If that falls incomplete, that stops the clock and creates 3rd and long, an opportunity for another incompletion and stoppage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even mentioning players who could call it quits aka Stafford and Donald

I don't see Stafford walking away from all that money, especially with the team now projected to be in the playoff mix again next season. Donald might be a bit more of a question, but he's still at or near the top of his position. I would like to see a bit more scheming to get him off of these double and triple teams.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Stafford walking away from all that money, especially with the team now projected to be in the playoff mix again next season. Donald might be a bit more of a question, but he's still at or near the top of his position. I would like to see a bit more scheming to get him off of these double and triple teams.
Stafford played pretty well. I liked the play of both QBs.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both guys said their coming back and you know they will be motivated

Jermaine133

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some earlier drives, sure. When he did run Kyren in the red zone, the Lions stuffed him (Lions' top 3 tacklers are all linebackers, who are strengthened in a compressed area like the red zone. Kyren also missed some time with a hand injury (his left hand was heavily taped). Context is important. There were some screen passes in that mix as well.

IMO, if you want to criticize McVay, it would be continuing to target Kupp in the end zone when he was not getting open.

Detroit threw on 2nd down, not 3rd. If that falls incomplete, that stops the clock and creates 3rd and long, an opportunity for another incompletion and stoppage.
I agree with all the later points you made Shop... especially trying to force the ball to Cupp. Context is key, that is correct but if Kyren hurt his hand then where is the 230 LB bruiser that we have? Why didn't he get any touches???? This coach simply doesn't know his personal or he refuses to play to their strengths when it matters most. To add to that, over the last cpl of yrs his game management has been down right abysmal: It's as if he pulled out the coaching for dummies book and threw away all logic when it comes to Time out usage.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all the later points you made Shop... especially trying to force the ball to Cupp. Context is key, that is correct but if Kyren hurt his hand then where is the 230 LB bruiser that we have? Why didn't he get any touches???? This coach simply doesn't know his personal or he refuses to play to their strengths when it matters most. To add to that, over the last cpl of yrs his game management has been down right abysmal: It's as if he pulled out the coaching for dummies book and threw away all logic when it comes to Time out usage.

You have to take into account all that we don't see, such as performance in practice. I was a bit surprised to not see Freeman at all, but this staff loves Rivers for some reason.

If he held the last time out until the 2 min warning to keep the challenge possibility alive, I get that. I'm not sure that crossed his mind whatsoever though.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stafford already addressed retirement the week before the San Fran game. He said he is returning. AD has since stated he is returning as well!