• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Watson wants the Jets

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I actually see the exact opposite. Franchise QB not happy and you can get a boatload for him and start over with that #2 this year....you pull the trigger. I would be shockrd if he isn’t traded

I agree, I think Houston can come out of this looking great, especially if that QB at 2 hits

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I think Houston can come out of this looking great, especially if that QB at 2 hits
the problem with this is. They often dont hit.
They got a top Qb now, why risk possibly drafting the next Ryan Leaf?

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the problem with this is. They often dont hit.
They got a top Qb now, why risk possibly drafting the next Ryan Leaf?

I dunno, it’s been a while since a top 5-10 QB drafted hasn’t had success in the league

but I’m with ya, if Houston can keep Watson, that’s the preferable option, but if they get completely boxed in, and it looks like that’s what’s happening, they can come out of it in decent shape considering the compensation they would get back

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dunno, it’s been a while since a top 5-10 QB drafted hasn’t had success in the league

but I’m with ya, if Houston can keep Watson, that’s the preferable option, but if they get completely boxed in, and it looks like that’s what’s happening, they can come out of it in decent shape considering the compensation they would get back
guess they could end up with a Trubisky instead of a Watson.

Thats the thing. Everyone is acting like this is a thing. I dont see how they can be boxed in? The only way Watson could pull that off is to sabotage his own career.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
guess they could end up with a Trubisky instead of a Watson.

Thats the thing. Everyone is acting like this is a thing. I dont see how they can be boxed in? The only way Watson could pull that off is to sabotage his own career.

The more and more he insists and demands out, it’s in Houston’s best interest to move on. It’s not the position you want your most disgruntled player

technically they don’t have to move him, but the uglier it gets, it’s as much in their interest as Watsons

Reactions: DJ

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The more and more he insists and demands out, it’s in Houston’s best interest to move on. It’s not the position you want your most disgruntled player

technically they don’t have to move him, but the uglier it gets, it’s as much in their interest as Watsons
thats one way to look at it.
the other is if you cater to such demands. You open pandora's box. Setting a precedence the team will cave to demands.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to make a list but with QBs you're certainly more likely to get a fringe starter than a bust or a star.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thats one way to look at it.
the other is if you cater to such demands. You open pandora's box. Setting a precedence the team will cave to demands.

True but no coincidence these instances seem to always occur with completely dysfunctional franchises. Living in NY, Jamal Adams took an even uglier approach with the Jets, 10x a day tweeting out his garbage

and the Jets absolutely hit the lottery when they moved him

not comparing the importance of those 2 players, just think sometimes getting out from an angry player can benefit the franchise long term

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd have to make a list but with QBs you're certainly more likely to get a fringe starter than a bust or a star.

The 2 that come to mind in the top of Round one, Trubinsky and Rosen

but otherwise, feels like it’s been a pretty good recent run

Now of course people have differing opinions on guys like Darnald and Daniel Jones, but IMO, those are incompletes

Schmoopy1000

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True but no coincidence these instances seem to always occur with completely dysfunctional franchises. Living in NY, Jamal Adams took an even uglier approach with the Jets, 10x a day tweeting out his garbage

and the Jets absolutely hit the lottery when they moved him

not comparing the importance of those 2 players, just think sometimes getting out from an angry player can benefit the franchise long term
Ideally yeah you want to get rid of an angry player.
But also there is difference when a player is near the end of a contract & only a couple months into a new contract. people seems to not even think about this. Cap hits & all of that as well. If you just signed a new deal & excepted your signing bonus & whatever other bonuses. I am making you honor it.
My theory is they dont trade him. If they do, it is because some team put together a package deal for him that is too good to be ignored. Short of that. I believe he will still be contracted under the Texans.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ideally yeah you want to get rid of an angry player.
But also there is difference when a player is near the end of a contract & only a couple months into a new contract. people seems to not even think about this. Cap hits & all of that as well. If you just signed a new deal & excepted your signing bonus & whatever other bonuses. I am making you honor it.
My theory is they dont trade him. If they do, it is because some team put together a package deal for him that is too good to be ignored. Short of that. I believe he will still be contracted under the Texans.

Dont dis-agree overall, but I do think they end up getting offered a silly package they will need to think long and hard on

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I guess depends how you define success. Not sure any of these guys teams are loving them right now

2015: Winston #1; Mariotta #2
2016: Wentz #2 - not looking good right now but obviously had a great season
2017: Trubisky #2
2018: Darnold#3; Rosen#10
2019: Jones #6; Haskins#15
2020: a little early

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2 that come to mind in the top of Round one, Trubinsky and Rosen

but otherwise, feels like it’s been a pretty good recent run

Now of course people have differing opinions on guys like Darnald and Daniel Jones, but IMO, those are incompletes
Didn't see this follow up

Reactions: DJ

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I highly doubt it. Why would DW, who wants out of a dysfunctional franchise in the Texans, suddenly want to be a part of a franchise that hasn't exactly been the pillar of stability in the Jets? Because of a minority HC? Isn't the owner a pro Trump guy......something that Watson doesn't sound too keen on. Looks more like clickbait to me.
Honestly Ricky, I think the minority thing is a very small part. Most of it has to do with those guys being winners with winning attitudes. And not Houston just going out to get one of their prayer circle buddies from New England. And I'm pretty sure Watson can see that the Texans are only going to get worse and he'll end up like Stafford, Rivers, Ryan, etc. Aside from Ryan's one time failure, none of them even sniffed a ring. Watson wants to win. Maybe the Jets ain't it either but at least they made a good hire and have the resources to turn it around quickly.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With no first this year and not much cap room, Watson's value for Houston lies in trading him. Shed cap and stockpile draft capital.

Jets can afford him financially and have the assets to move him. Even after trading for him they're loaded with draft picks so in theory the turnaround for the Jets can be pretty quick.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still don’t see how the Jets are a big upgrade for him if they are forced to hand all their draft capital to the Texans, which is pretty much a lock
Jets and upgrade are incompatible in the same sentence. Isn’t that like a misnomer? Or whatever you call that chit.